Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 29-04-19, 16:17   #1
AlexyLC
Inactive

Default What album are you expecting this year?

I know there's music related threads here but I haven't seen one like this.

Quite simple: What album/single/project are you most excited to hear this year?

The album I was most excited to hear just got released last friday

LOVE + FEAR by MARINA

and it's amazing! Fav songs: To Be Human/Karma/Emotional Machine

I'm also excited for new Banks, Doja Cat and FKA twigs music.

AlexyLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 18:24   #2
Chamayoo

Not a lot tbh. All my favourite artists were pretty active these last years (or suddenly dead LEL) so 2019 seems to be a quiet year in my musical landscape.

I hope something from My Bloody Valentine.
Maybe Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush will release a thing... at last *cry*
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 18:36   #3
Ellioft

Well "insert a tembleweeds gif"

There's not a lot to say this time I'm afraid...

The new K-Flay album maybe
Carly Rae Jepsen : Dedication
Ionaalee : Remember the Future
Madonna Madame X (nah it's a joke )
Maybe a new Ayumi Hamasaki album (or she will become deef this year I dunno)
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 18:51   #4
drbunnig

From what's already been released, I've enjoyed new albums from Aaron Lewis, Swallow the Sun, Soilwork, Nightrage and Children of Bodom. Disappointed by the latest efforts from Avantasia, Rotting Christ and Battle Beast.

Looking ahead:

Angels & Airwaves are teasing new music... seems like there'll be a song released tomorrow (and hopefully a new album announced, it's been far too long).

The Offspring have completed work on a new album, will hopefully be out in the summer. Another album that's been a long time coming (seven years since their last full length!)

Iron Maiden are rumoured to have recorded a new album in Paris over the past month or two, which would be very welcome, as they are one of my favourite groups.

Bon Jovi have a new one in the works, which may see the light of day this year. I've enjoyed their recent output (they tend to get mixed reviews these days), so look forward to this one too.

Fear Factory have theirs recorded and ready to go, but legal issues are holding it up. Fingers crossed we get it this year.

Cradle of Filth's remix of Cruelty and the Beast has also had legal problems preventing release, but it seems that one is definitely a go for this year. I don't have a problem with the original mix (it's a common criticism of another wise well received album), but I'll be interested to hear what it's like.

blink-182
are working on their new one, which is supposedly a more adventurous affair than California (which was terrible). We'll see how that one goes.

Marilyn Manson confirmed he's halfway through a new album. His output has been a mixed bag for close to twenty years now, so I'll be approaching with a bit of caution.

Deftones have been writing, but I'm not sure how far through the process they are.

Bad Religion have theirs out shortly. Very consistent band, so I imagine this'll follow suit and be a good listen.

Limp Bizkit seem to be taking an eternity with new material, so who knows if their next one will come this year (if ever). The last one was good fun though.

I think Nile recently finished recording (the instruments at least). Always happy to make time for Egyptian themed death metal.
drbunnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 19:13   #5
AlexyLC
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Maybe Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush will release a thing... at last *cry*
Is Kate Bush still making music? That's cool

@drbunnig I haven't listened to some of those artists since I was a child. The Prodigy, No Doubt and Guano Apes are probably the only bands I still listen to this day. I should check those out someday.

I want Woodkid to release new music as well. He hasn't done it since 2011.
Old 29-04-19, 19:34   #6
drbunnig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexyLC View Post

@drbunnig I haven't listened to some of those artists since I was a child. The Prodigy, No Doubt and Guano Apes are probably the only bands I still listen to this day. I should check those out someday.

Ah Guano Apes. Great band. Both old and new stuff is good. I think (hope) that they may be working on another album as well.
drbunnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 19:40   #7
Brendanlovesu1

Madonna Madame X
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 20:06   #8
AlexyLC
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Madonna Madame X
The only reason I want to give it a listen it's because she claims it's heavily inspired by portuguese culture (I'm from Portugal).
Old 29-04-19, 20:14   #9
VictorXD

I'm really glad that the first thing I see when I open this thread is Love + Fear. Amazing album and I'm really glad Marina found the kind of music she wants to make, Love + Fear is like Froot 2.0 We share some favourite tracks as well, you sir have good taste

I think the only album I'm looking forward this year besides Marina's is Lady GaGa's 6th album. Not much info on it yet but it's definitely coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexyLC View Post

I think Woodkid has already said he won't release any more music IIRC. He's gone back to being a behind the scenes guy unfortunately Which is a shame, his videos and music were pure art.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-19, 20:37   #10
marla_biggs

Louise Nurding and Madonna.
marla_biggs is offline   Reply With Quote