www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-04-19, 14:52   #121
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingTrendy View Post
"The Path Home" is important in both title and concept to me.

I feel like we've always been on this journey seeing Lara grow and go through these experiences ever since she was a young intrepid explorer. But she's gone through TR 2013, she's gone through Rise and she's gone through Shadow. She's grown up. She's become the Tomb Raider as we've all said, so many times. So what's next, following everything that happened Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Joining Lara on The Path Home both figuratively and ...

To me (and this is my own personal interpretation of things), this also means bringing those concepts that we've known and loved together. Take the Tactical Adventurer for example. It was the next and natural evolution of things. But it's a wholly different experience to start seeing Lara's shirt turn teal, or her getting red laces, etc. The tombs in the DLC have been some absolute top-notch, harkening back to more classic experiences. Seeing these manifestations, like a giant swiveling Caiman statue in DLC6 or Lara facing a Doppleganger-esque version of herself in DLC3 are love letters to Tomb Raider. And we have a lot more letters to write.

1- both figuratively and.....?

2- guys please tell me you really gave her red laces for the classic-inspired recolor OMG and “etc” mmmh there’s more?

3- that absolutely shows. The dlc tombs/crypts have been nothing short of amazing so far and I’m expecting even more from the last one. The classic inspiration shines through so if that was the goal, you definitely achieved it.

4- look forward to reading these letters... 👀

Overall, great post.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:52   #122
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugly View Post
I shouldn't overhype myself or i'll be disappointed
Exactly! I expected no manor, but IDK how to take that sentence. IDK if I should allow myself to be hopeful hehe
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:53   #123
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Are you for real? You complained to no end for months, criticized every square inch of the game, refused to call Lara ‘Lara’, mocked Eidos and Square numerous times and them adding cool gifts to Season Pass owners is the super dick move? You can’t be that dense.

“Only good outfit” is subjective. Beside, studios have given extra care for season pass owners for years already. It’s a normal practice. They need to justify the pass’ existence. That one chose to not support the game by not purchasing the pass is entirely on him/her.
You clearly aren't able to see when consumers are being taken advantage of. You just excuse inexcusable game practices just because it's what some developers do. Just because it's done doesn't mean it's right. This whole dlc has been so un-optimized for the player it's ridicules. You can argue with me all you want, but even you probably know that's true.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:53   #124
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugly View Post
Literally her home = the manor, right ?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's very much on the nose, if you ask me. Croft Manor confirmed.

Maybe that's the 8th "tomb" on the list.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:55   #125
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's very much on the nose, if you ask me. Croft Manor confirmed.

Maybe that's the 8th "tomb" on the list.
Yes pls
Old 05-04-19, 14:56   #126
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
And big llama hugs to you for being an awesome community manager, you’re super cool.
Yes, I'd like to highlight this so much. Morrigan is an amazing CM, and I'm really thankful for her work with us. You can feel she actually loves what she's doing, and that she loves and is proud the product she's representing

Last edited by Vaskito; 05-04-19 at 14:57.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:56   #127
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingTrendy View Post
Joining Lara on The Path Home both figuratively and ...
Morrigan's such a tease . I had pretty much given up on the idea of us getting Croft Manor but this has me about 70% convinced that we're going to be getting it.

Also, very beautiful message, Morrigan. I've honestly enjoyed this whole 6 month period. It's been such a blast anticipating the next dlc, speculating, and talking about it after it comes out. Even though there was bickering over the outfits and other little things, it overall added to the experience. I don't regret the process of getting these dlc at all.
Old 05-04-19, 14:57   #128
Mikky
Legend

Wait, so the Croft Manor will be exclusive to season pass holders... In other words, for those who bought the Croft Edition.

It all makes sense now.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 14:59   #129
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Wait, so the Croft Manor will be exclusive to season pass holders... In other words, for those who bought the Croft Edition.

It all makes sense now.
I think you can still get the season pass without the Croft edition though
Old 05-04-19, 15:01   #130
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:

It all makes sense now.
you can get the season pass separately