www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-19, 10:41   #31
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
At this point, they're setting the expectations bar up, unimaginably high with all this waiting. If they don't knock it out the park with this dlc... well, the pitchforks will be ready.
This is untrue. WE are setting the expectations bar up, unimaginably high. And THEY don't have to meet those expectations.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 10:53   #32
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeXscorpio View Post
They could just say something it wouldn’t ruin the whole dlc to just tell us what’s going on.
If they haven't said anything, it's because there's nothing to say yet, beyond what was told and teased.

Patience is a virtue
Old 11-06-19, 10:54   #33
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Why are people acting as if EM are the only developers that are silent about their product? This is a very normal thing for developers (or any creators) to do. Most developers don't spill the beans on their content all the time for fans. Long periods of silence are a VERY normal thing. Bethesda hasn't been mentioning any significant details about Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6 either. If their audience was this forum, they'd be raging every single day about how none of the developers are saying anything. Have you considered that maybe the DLC is still being worked on? Maybe it's still in the concept stages? What exactly obligates them to release an update? If they didn't it clearly means it's not ready yet.

I mean seriously you lot are pretending as if the term "coming soon" was never used in any product ever.
Who cares?
This is a Tomb Raider forum, a section debated for the latest episode of this franchise. All the other games are in the videogames section.
If they want to moan about EM's silence, this is the right place to do it.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 10:58   #34
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Have you considered that maybe the DLC is still being worked on?
I don’t think anyone thinks it’s finished, and it being worked on is not an issue at all. Like I said in the OP, I’m happy for them to take as long as they need for a polished and hopefully lengthy DLC, but “coming soon” was added before The Path Home was released in April, and gamers’ Christmas (E3) came and went on the Square Enix front without any news. I’m not asking for something to be released tomorrow, just a heads up about when it might be, and maybe what we can expect from it.

This is coming from a place of excitement and not frustration. I really can’t wait to play what they’ve been working on.
Old 11-06-19, 11:03   #35
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Something is coming, Morrigan has teased it plenty of times and so has Justin. It’ll be announced when the time is right, I understand the frustration of the wait but patience is a virtue.

As someone who had to wait a year for Rise to play it properly, an as someone who is waiting for The Last of Us which was announced how many years ago? Waiting around is fine.

We know something is coming but instead of moaning about the lack of news, use the time and energy in starting up a discussion about what DLC 8 could be/what you want it to be/what you don’t want it to be ect...
Old 11-06-19, 11:19   #36
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I don’t think anyone thinks it’s finished, and it being worked on is not an issue at all. Like I said in the OP, I’m happy for them to take as long as they need for a polished and hopefully lengthy DLC, but “coming soon” was added before The Path Home was released in April, and gamers’ Christmas (E3) came and went on the Square Enix front without any news. I’m not asking for something to be released tomorrow, just a heads up about when it might be, and maybe what we can expect from it.

This is coming from a place of excitement and not frustration. I really can’t wait to play what they’ve been working on.
I understand. But as long as it's confirmed that it is on the way, what's the worry? I'm also excited. I don't think they'd forget about it.
Maybe teasing it this early was a mistake
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 11:19   #37
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

The waiting is fine - it's the fact that we've only had tiny hints here and there and not an official confirmation. At this point we don't even know if it's still going ahead now all the focus has switched to Avengers...
James_Rutland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 11:31   #38
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
We know something is coming but instead of moaning about the lack of news, use the time and energy in starting up a discussion about what DLC 8 could be/what you want it to be/what you don’t want it to be ect...
I’m usually all about this approach, but we sort of know what it is from the teasing, and have discussed our ideas and hopes for it before Shadow came out. We don’t know if there is any additional content like Chapter Replay, though that’s been discussed too.

I really don’t mind the waiting, but if we knew what was coming, it’d be a lot easier.
Old 11-06-19, 11:46   #39
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
This is untrue. WE are setting the expectations bar up, unimaginably high. And THEY don't have to meet those expectations.
I'm aware of that. If we're being technical, nobody's to blame but us. But if we're being realistic, I can't really blame people for being frustrated, as its been months since that "coming soon" and we've only had silence.

Though I do think that people have been spoiled by Morrigan's frequent posts during the dlc releases, to the point where they've lost all concept of judging what "good communication" is. I mean Morrigan was pretty much on the forums weekly during the dlc releases to give us news, yet EM "doesn't care about the fans"? I'd like to know what standards people are holding for these companies. I don't know any other studio thats communicated with the fans more than EM has.
Old 11-06-19, 12:22   #40
Heisenberg
Explorer

This is a fair question. And the least we deserve is a date.