www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 15-05-19, 13:03   #441
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Hey there, is it possible, with a plugin, making a big rolling ball, that works like TR4-5 rolling balls (not TR1-3 ones), and in another slot, so that it can be used together with a regular rolling ball
You mean one that act just like TR4/5 ones but larger?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 13:25   #442
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

Rolling ball size is hardcoded in TRLE. You can make a bigger rolling ball, but in-game it goes through the floor, even with the right collision..

The big boulder of TR3 works in the slot CLASSIC_ROLLING_BALL, but it can go in only one direction, while TR4 one react to the physics
Old 15-05-19, 19:29   #443
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Rolling ball size is hardcoded in TRLE. You can make a bigger rolling ball, but in-game it goes through the floor, even with the right collision..

The big boulder of TR3 works in the slot CLASSIC_ROLLING_BALL, but it can go in only one direction, while TR4 one react to the physics
Indeed, I tried making a huge rolling ball but sadly all object collision is ignored.

But what do you mean by big boulder???
I tried placing a big ball a the classic rolling ball (plugin) object and that didn't make a difference either.
Old 15-05-19, 20:17   #444
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

TR1-3 rolling balls and TR4-5 ones have a different behaviour
Old 16-05-19, 07:17   #445
TokyoSU
Student

TR1-3 rolling ball have an animation to move, but TR4-5 not have it, instead it's a gravity that falling or move, in TR3 Temple of Puna, a big rolling ball is in this level, this rolling ball is special because the collision is huge and this rolling ball can only move in one direction ! but this object not have gravity ! and LGG want to say that he want a big rolling ball similar to TR3 but with gravity instead of animation
Youtube: Tomb Raider 3 South Pacific - Temple of Puna Walkthrough HD at 3:10
i hope this help you

Last edited by TokyoSU; 16-05-19 at 07:26.
TokyoSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 11:03   #446
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I know they have different behavior lol

thats the issue we're talking about

The TR1-3 rolling ball animation is only for rolling from what I've seen. Movement is handled by the engine.

My interest is in the big rolling ball like in temple of puna. For my level i ended up faking movement and rolling animation, I'd be amazing to have a big rolling ball actually working in the game!
Old 23-05-19, 09:20   #447
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

I recall (and still own) a one off TREP draco patch forcing TRLE into 60fps. Worked awesomely on one of my pcs but not the other - similar results for others if i rememeber.

Suggestion ��
Old 23-05-19, 11:09   #448
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Forcing into 60FPS causes nasty graphics flickering (every other frame is rendered without necessary gameplay info and has "reseted" objects positioning). I tried it once and it was unplayable because of that. Not sure how it worked awesomely for you?
Old 16-06-19, 10:24   #449
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Sound groups (?)

Let's say we can add certain sfx ids to a conditional group - so if Lara is in an outside room you can play default sfx. If she is then in an inside room, engine plays alternate edited sfx with reverb for example.

It's a real shame the PC versions of tr never included that indoor outdoor reverb ;-(

I once actually added a small reverb to all trle sfx (excepting sound loops) and it was actually a really nice audio experience!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 16-06-19 at 10:27.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-19, 10:37   #450
AkyV

^Lara's environment (like outdoor) can be checked with casual TRNG triggers, or, if you want to be more precise, you can use instead C112 of my second plugin to check the environment of the actual camera.

You can use this in a GlobalTrigger to change the sound property... later , there is this WIP feature in my upcoming third plugin:

Quote:
F603: Sound. (E) Change/restore sound sample properties in <&> way

The list of features you can change – comparing them to the default values set in Sounds.txt:
- The sample(s) (WAV files) itself/themselves that belong(s) to that sound.
- The number of samples in that sound: one, two, three or four.
- Volume (VOL).
- Radius (RAD).
- Chance (CH).
- Pitch (PIT).
- Loop (L) or single.
- Set/remove Wait (W) flag for a single sound: the loop animation sound won’t play if the previous play of that animation is still playing the same sound.
- Set/remove Rewound (R) flag for a single sound: if the previous play of the loop animation is still playing its own sound, then this new play of the animation will abort that sound to play it again from the start.
- Set/remove Non-panoramic effect (N) flag: the angle won't be calculated between the sound source and the actual camera, so the sound will be always positioned at the center.
- Set/remove Varied Pitch (P) flag.
- Set/remove Varied Volume (V) flag.

Notes:
- It is based on the sound contents of the level WAD, so the changes will be valid only for the actual level.
- You can have maximum fifty changes at a level at the same time.
- You can also restore the default properties.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote