www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-05-19, 09:52   #2211
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,102
Default

Which features do you have in mind?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 01:34   #2212
sharalex
Student
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Aotearoa (the Land of the Long White Cloud).
Posts: 179
Question Lighting Issue

Okay, so I'm using TE 1.2.6 and have room built - currently textured white - and trying to add lighting. While the room ambient light shows up, none of the lighting using sun or bulbs, appears to have any effect - other than bleaching out the room ambience. Is there some setting I am missing or something?

The light/transform effect is set to default, and strength is set to 1 which probably is not needed for the default setting. However, the fourth video in the first post, shows the lighting dynamically affecting the area around the lights as the colour is being changed in the colour selection dialogue. Video was an early version of 1.2 release but I haven't read of any issues with lighting since 1.2.6 was released. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
__________________
So many ideas, so little time ...
sharalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 07:16   #2213
KyleCroft
Professor
 
KyleCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Which features do you have in mind?
Importing objects, first of all! I'm not sure how to even export a textured object into .obj file to insert.
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 11:37   #2214
Netuddki
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Problem Tomb Editor 1.2.6

Tomb Editor 1.2.6 Load TR4, file object files does not work

Tomb Editor 1.2.5 Load TR4, file object files work


ps: I'm using Google translator
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 13:06   #2215
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharalex View Post
Okay, so I'm using TE 1.2.6 and have room built - currently textured white - and trying to add lighting. While the room ambient light shows up, none of the lighting using sun or bulbs, appears to have any effect - other than bleaching out the room ambience. Is there some setting I am missing or something?

The light/transform effect is set to default, and strength is set to 1 which probably is not needed for the default setting. However, the fourth video in the first post, shows the lighting dynamically affecting the area around the lights as the colour is being changed in the colour selection dialogue. Video was an early version of 1.2 release but I haven't read of any issues with lighting since 1.2.6 was released. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Are you sure you're in lighting mode? I've just checked in the current build and lighting works normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
Importing objects, first of all! I'm not sure how to even export a textured object into .obj file to insert.
That's kind of outside of TE spectrum, but I will ask for clearer instructions on how to forma OBJ files for import. Obviously you need to prepare them using 3D modeling software.

General idea is you place imported geometry dummy mesh (like cameras or sound sources) and then double click to assign an object file to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuddki View Post
Problem Tomb Editor 1.2.6

Tomb Editor 1.2.6 Load TR4, file object files does not work

Tomb Editor 1.2.5 Load TR4, file object files work


ps: I'm using Google translator
Sorry I'm not sure. TR4 files can't be loaded in TE. Do you mean WAD files?

If your WAD worked in 1.2.5 but not in 1.2.6 then you can send it to Monty for checking.
Do you get any error messages when loading the WAD?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 13:48   #2216
Netuddki
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Default

I use the tr4 file as an object

https://i.postimg.cc/g0GbCP9D/tre125...-loaded-ok.png

Loaded ok :-)


https://i.postimg.cc/NGXY2DxR/tre126...oaded-fail.png

Loaded failed

this is the problem
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 14:13   #2217
LoreRaider
Archaeologist
 
LoreRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,076
Default

^You can't use .tr4 files for objects, you need to use either .wad or .wad2 file format

@sharalex: check also that bulbs you put in the map have the "Enabled" button ticked (it's at the bottom panel on the right of the palette)
__________________
"Everybody lies, no exceptions."

Last edited by LoreRaider; 18-05-19 at 14:15.
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 14:16   #2218
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuddki View Post
I use the tr4 file as an object

https://i.postimg.cc/g0GbCP9D/tre125...-loaded-ok.png

Loaded ok :-)


https://i.postimg.cc/NGXY2DxR/tre126...oaded-fail.png

Loaded failed

this is the problem
oh well I see now xD

This will be checked soon.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 14:39   #2219
Netuddki
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
^You can't use .tr4 files for objects, you need to use either .wad or .wad2 file format

@sharalex: check also that bulbs you put in the map have the "Enabled" button ticked (it's at the bottom panel on the right of the palette)

So far it worked.
There is "select new object files"

https://postimg.cc/F1sDbm7P

Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 23:24   #2220
MontyTRC
Historian
 
MontyTRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 456
Default

WARNING: don't use copy and paste with imported geometry. Sometimes this can lead to Prj2 corruption. It's generally fixed but it happens still in some cases. It will be deeply tested for 1.2.7.
__________________
Tomb Editor Main developer
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.