www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-05-19, 22:51   #11
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
honestly not having achieved any of the things i want to by like my mid twenties would ruin me, so i'm glad i still got a lot of time until then
ok but literally how does this response help at all?
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 00:24   #12
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

A part of me does think it gets a little harder, and I'm not going to lie about that. This is because you become more set in your ways and habits as you age, and unfortunately some stupid people might judge you for not getting on earlier and therefore might doubt you and not give you chances.

However I don't believe it is ever impossible. There are so many late bloomers who do get their **** together later in life and don't really become successful until later. It is an absolute myth that you need to be in your early 20s to do anything with yourself.

Also keep in mind that this is actually quite normal for us Millennials, regardless of the few you're seeing who seem to be successful and brag about it on social media. A lot of times that is a smokescreen and not is all as it seems, people aren't as happy and stable as they look.

I think someones we're stereotyped as being a "lazy generation". Again I'm not going to lie there are some things I really do not like about our generation. However there are also some things that have been really out of our control, that we're not given due consideration for. We haven't come of age in easy financial times where it's been as easy to get on our feet as it was for our parents. Therefore a lot of us are in these kind of situations where we're well into our 20s (sometimes even 30s) and not where we feel we should be. I'm included in that myself, partly due to my own personal circumstances, as my Dad died at a really critical time when I probably could have done a lot more had it not happened (still recovering from it).

I'm not saying this to be doom and gloom, I'm actually saying it as a consolation, this is normal for us so I think a lot of us shouldn't be so hard on ourselves.

You want to get yourself back into school, that is a good thing, you have to start somewhere and you won't get where you need to be overnight. Focus on your own self-improvement and where you want/need to be rather than comparing yourself to seemingly more successful people your age.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-05-19 at 00:28.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 19:12   #13
Draco
Gold Contributor

You can do it at any age.
Old 05-05-19, 20:13   #14
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

It’s never, ever too late!!!
Old 06-05-19, 07:59   #15
Ellioft
Professor

I think you can do it. It's not the end of the line for you

I can say I was on the same case as you (I'm 24) since 6 years everything goes wrong and I was comparing myself to my friends/family at the time (you have a job/a boyfriend/a house) etc and it was depressing and that's what you shouldn't do. Because it's an endless spiral that only gives you a feeling of beeing less good than others.

You have to make your goals because you want it not because everyone say you should do this or that.

It takes a lot of courage to rise up and doing something

You still have all the time to make your live

I wish you are gonna be successful in the path you have chosen
Old 06-05-19, 08:37   #16
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
It’s only too late when you’re dead.
This.

There will always be people out there who are more successful, who've made beautiful travels around the world, who've been popular all their lives, who always had money and a sense for fashion and who everyone seems to like without them ever trying. You just have to stop comparing your own life with others. It's an endless battle you will never win anyway.

Just go out there and do the things you love, and try to become the best person you can be. Don't try to be like someone else because that won't do any good. Take things at your own pace. Rome wasn't built in one day either.
As far as social media goes: everyone is trying to put an image of themselves being happy and doing fun stuff. Yet behind closed doors, they also have their share of problems you'll never see. This is something I myself struggled with a few years ago. You care so much about those pixels on your screen, a number of likes, that you'll never be happy. Does your picture reach 200 likes? Great! But then when the next one reaches 80 likes you'll feel led down because it's not as much as it used to be. See the pattern? You'll never be happy and you'll always want more and before you know it you're just chasing a bar you've set yourself for no reason.

Please remember this: other people don't care at all.

→ you think that it's embarrassing to have fewer likes or popularity on social media and that other people will see that and talk about it, or reject you because of it. The truth is that people scroll through their feed everyday without thinking at all. They see your picture and either they like it or not and that's that. They'll just continue scrolling and won't ever think about that picture of yours again after 2 minutes. You will still be obsessing over it for the coming hours, hoping that your like count will increase, but other people have forgotten about it a long time ago. They just move on and so should you.
Old 06-05-19, 13:05   #17
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Hey y’all,

Ok so the past 5 years of my life have been terrible. I can’t even remember the last time I did art.

However, I plan on returning to school this year and finishing up within next two years. It just feels like I wasted a lot of my life and that it’s too late. A lot of people I grew up with are making a lot of money now, have stable relationships, and literally boast about their perfect lived on social media. When I run into them in person, they rub it in my face too. I have nothing to show for it.

I was and have been going through a lot mental health wise, and it just all seems unfair. I feel jealous sometimes of others.
I know how you feel. I've been stuck for 7 years and I'm currently 34. I want to change my life so bad and I won't let 2019 to stop me from achieving my goals. So no, it's never too late.

Art is also such an underappreciated thing these days and it should be celebrated more. If you are an artistic person, you really should preserve that. It's one of the greatest achievements of Humanity.
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 14:14   #18
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Hey y’all,

Ok so the past 5 years of my life have been terrible. I can’t even remember the last time I did art.

However, I plan on returning to school this year and finishing up within next two years. It just feels like I wasted a lot of my life and that it’s too late. A lot of people I grew up with are making a lot of money now, have stable relationships, and literally boast about their perfect lived on social media. When I run into them in person, they rub it in my face too. I have nothing to show for it.

I was and have been going through a lot mental health wise, and it just all seems unfair. I feel jealous sometimes of others.
It is never too late.

You are still 28; you are at a very young age and at your summit; maximum energy and full of youth

I wish you best of luck because what you plan to do is the right thing.

I just want to comment: People on social media just show you the good side, but social media is full of lies, mainly from people who want you to believe that they are living the best lives ever. It can be true with some and it can be totally fake with others.

Don't let that get into you.
You have a great life ahead of you still waiting.
You can do greater things than what they are doing.
Old 06-05-19, 21:34   #19
Tyrannosaurus
Relic Hunter

I sure wish I was 28 again.
Old 08-05-19, 14:19   #20
Ms.LaraCroft
Student

It's never too late. You can turn it around and do something absolutely amazing.

Art is beautiful and if you love it, you should continue to pursue that.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote