www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-05-19, 14:24   #21
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

No such thing as a too late in life, all you need is a starting point.
Old 09-05-19, 10:32   #22
FreakRaider
Professor

i have a lot of respect for age itself/time advancing, so iíd rather change my life for the better now. however i know that nothing can beat down a determined human being, so no itís never too late to change anything
Old 09-05-19, 10:51   #23
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Hey yíall,

Ok so the past 5 years of my life have been terrible. I canít even remember the last time I did art.

However, I plan on returning to school this year and finishing up within next two years. It just feels like I wasted a lot of my life and that itís too late. A lot of people I grew up with are making a lot of money now, have stable relationships, and literally boast about their perfect lived on social media. When I run into them in person, they rub it in my face too. I have nothing to show for it.

I was and have been going through a lot mental health wise, and it just all seems unfair. I feel jealous sometimes of others.
In this case the best thing you can do now is to do what you planned, get back on track. Go back to school, 2 years will fly by really fast. And when you run into your successful friends you will have something interesting to say at last.

It is too late for some things, but in your case you still have a lot of options.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 12:11   #24
Dennis's Mom

Of course you can! At 57, I can confidently say life is constant process of reinvention. There is no end goal but happiness.

I guess my advice would be to think about why you're live has "sucked" these past five years. Make a list of those things that specifically made it awful. Was it people? Work? Lack of funds? Lack of purpose?

Then I want you to think about how your going to change yourself moving forward so you don't fall into those same pits. Going to school is all well and good, but we all have internal habits that keep us making the same mistakes unless we consciously choose something else.

One other bit of advice: **** social media. Never use that or anyone else as a metric for yourself. Your happiness and success is only relative to yourself.
Old 10-05-19, 05:48   #25
A_De
Archaeologist

A few years ago I felt the same as you now. Nothing comes to our lives without any reason. Every situation is necessary either to make you understand some important things or get another kind of experience. The problem is because in bad situations people usually learn faster than when everything is calm and "full of success". Nothing will last forever, everything passes away. The conclusion you come to - that is important. Don't waste your time for sad thoughts. Choose a worthy goal (something more than just an ability to show your success to friends), and follow it. And please don't forget that it is never too late to be happy.
Old 10-05-19, 22:35   #26
Saphyre
Archaeologist

The moment you realise life is changeable, that itís not set in stone, that you can poke and prod at it, twist it and shape it, is the moment you realise itís never too late!!
Saphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 23:53   #27
trfan16
Archaeologist

I agree with others in this topic - it's never too late to better yourself. I was in a similar situation 2 years ago when I was 26 where I was graduate student that was holding a retail job and still living at home. Meanwhile it seemed that most of my friends were already married, had their own house, and a successful job. It took me a long time to find a job that suited my career path. I probably submitted over 100 job applications a month, heard back from 10-15 of them, and was probably called in to 3-4 of them for an interview.

I say take everything step by step - no need to try and accomplish everything at once. This will only cause you to worry and stress out for no reason. This is coming from 28 year old who still a work-in-progress.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote