- Earthworm Jim (Genesis)
- Aladdin (Genesis)
- Lion King (Genesis)
- Super Mario 64 (N64)
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 16:00   #12
Matie
Professor

I don't have a clue which ones came first and in which order, but probably these:
  • The Lion King, which is legendary due to its difficulty, I remember it was incredibly hard to beat!
  • Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games -
  • Jazz Jackrabbit and Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - JJ2 was my absolute favourite (until I got to play The Sims), I still remember all the secrets and the secret level
  • some DOS games like Putt-Putt and F-Bear - the primary school I went to was IT-specialized, all we did in the first 3 grades was playing games... fun!
  • briefly tried some NES games when I was at my friend's house like Super Mario Bros and Mowgli

Then came the rest: The Sims, Tomb Raider 2, Unreal Tournament. Also, while I was playing the games above, I liked watching others play JJ2, Half-Life, Heretic, Doom, Doom II and the first two Call of Duty games. Strange, considering how young I was, but I found watching somebody else play them pretty entertaining
Old 12-05-19, 16:19   #13
biscuits
Professor

That's really hard to remember for me. But from my memory they are the following:

1. A PS2 Crash game. I can't recall which one. Maybe Twinsanity??

2. This 4 player coop game called Mystic Heroes. I loved it!!

3. This one samurai game set in Feudal Japan. I can't for the life of me recall the name

4. Sonic Heroes! I love love love love love LOVED that game. I used to play it with my cousins all the time.

5. Kingdom Hearts 2. A staple of my childhood
Old 12-05-19, 16:37   #14
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I loved this thread and going down memory lane with these games! I didn’t count any of the Demo games I played from discs you got in magazines. That was the majority of games we had were demos bc we didn’t have a lot of money to spend on games at the time in the early 90s.
I went through lists of PS1 games in the early days and a lot of them I said “I remember this demo! And this one too!” hahaha Why don’t they do demos anymore?? I’d totally play demos.

Sega - Mr Scarry Busytown. ~1995. It was the game for kids and I remember it vividly. I had to have been maybe 5 when I played it over and over.

Sega - Desert Strike. ~1995. It was the other game my dad had for Sega when I was very young. I just remember flying the helicopter around, trying to find jeeps on the roads, and picking up “naked” people

PS1 - Twisted Metal. 1995. I still remember going to ToysRUs with my dad around Christmas time. I saw a PlayStation game with a clown on the cover and some cars! Basically two things I liked as a kid. I asked him if I could get it and he said no. I was sad. Come Christmas my very Catholic grandma got the game for me! I doubt she knew or read anything about it nor did my parents bc it was not appropriate for my age and it scared me as a kid. Twisted Metal is basically a game where a bunch of psychotic people get into cars and kill each other. An insane clown who throws napalm ice cream cones, the dirty, creepy old man in the taxi throws Molotovs (I still do not like taxis bc of this game). You can run people over on the streets, blow houses up, I mean.. if my catholic grandmother KNEW what she bought me as a child she would die.

PS1 - Tomb Raider. 1996. It was picked up primarily because my mom wanted a game to play and she saw a woman on the cover and figured that would be a game for her. My mom loves classic TR, mainly bc she’s bad with controls. She can’t handle modern games but she’s pretty good with the D-Pad on PS1. I remember watching her play TR1 and it was enthralling and terrifying to me. Watching my mom walk into a room and suddenly a lion attacks with some scary music? I ran because it was too scary for me. I played only on Lara’s Home bc I was too scared to actually play the game. It would be a few years until I played the game for real.

PS1 - Rally Cross. 1997. I played it with my dad. I wasn’t very good at racing games at the time. Didn’t understand how to brake, when to brake, so I was just full speed everywhere hahaha! I remember my dad and I being very blown away by the fact when the cars drove on the mud, they would get muddy. If you drove in the water, it would clean the mud off. Very state of the art!!

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 12-05-19 at 16:40.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 16:42   #15
Ellioft
Professor

My first game expérience was in 1999/2000 I was 5 or 6 at the time.

Tomb Raider I : Not an official version on PC I was obssessed with Egypt and it wasn't Lara I liked at first but the levels in Egypt. I was using the cheat code to pass the levels and I was scared with the final boss. The next time I would cross the path of Miss Croft will be in Tomb Raider 3 on PS1 I was playing with my father back then sometimes I even help him. ^^

Badmojo : A game that scares me of spiders for a long time. Anyone can find that game really creepy. You play as a human transformed as a cockroach and you have to find the pendant to becoming a humain again. You need to avoid every traps (and there's a lot) in a creepy motel. It was really realistic for the time.

Oddworld : Abe's Odyssee : The first cinematic still give me the chills. It was a really dark game. I couldn't progress outside of Rupture Farm.

Ducktales : On gameboy in glorious black and white (at the time I only know the movie) I didn't understand how to play it. If was difficult back then. But I loved the cover art with Scrooge and Launchpad going on an helicopter.

Egypt : 1156 b.c Tomb of the Pharaoh : It was a game in ancien egypt when you have to resolve the murder of a pharao. A point and click adventure. I remember one night my father and I was stucked and we have called the hotline to have the solution of the level (because our character was always passed out drinking) and it was really expensive

Last edited by Ellioft; 12-05-19 at 16:59.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 17:32   #16
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider Legend
Max Payne
Chicken Little
Operation Winback

I started around 2003-2004 when I was 5
Old 12-05-19, 17:54   #17
MiCkiZ88
Legend

Hoo boy this makes me feel old... I was very young, like around 4 when my dad introduced me to Amiga back in 1992 and then came home computer with DOS games. I think it was in this order:

1. Flashback
2. Zool
3. Wolfenstein
4. Doom
5. Need for Speed

Many other smaller games but I really can't remember what they were called. I remember some tank wars game with two people or CPU where you destroyed the pixelated landscape with each hit trying to hit the other player, and some rally game that had lovely details such as snow (pixels obvi) on the windshield. It was played from first person view.
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 18:41   #18
Girafarig32
Professor

I can't remember exactly which ones I played in order but this is a rough idea from what I can remember

Tomb Raider - Chronicles was my first, then maybe TR3. Probably the top 5 would consist of the classics, so I'm just going to group them together.
Spyro - on the PS2, or something (I can't remember)
Donkey Kong 64 - So many memories playing with my family and friends
Super Smash Bros. - The 64 version. Blue kirby was my favorite!
Pokemon Yellow/Stadium 2 - My older brother passed down his copy of Yellow to me. Connected my copy to Stadium 2

Honorable mentions: Shrek (LOL), Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe, The Sims

Last edited by Girafarig32; 12-05-19 at 18:44.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 20:40   #19
Amunet
Explorer

Lets see... my brother's first console was a Master System and later he traded it for a Mega Drive. I'm not really sure which games I played on each platform as I was really young at the time, but I'm pretty sure the first game I played was Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

As for other games, I have no idea which ones I played first, but I remember playing California Games, Master of Darkness, Sonic the Hedgehog (I'm pretty sure we had 1, 2 and 3), Streets of Rage (not sure if 1 or 2 or both), we also had a Mortal Combat game and maybe a Street Fighter.

These are the ones I remember of the top of my head. Eventually my brother traded the Mega Drive for a PlayStation and that's when Lara came into my life back in '96.
Old 12-05-19, 21:47   #20
Ahmier
Archaeologist

1. Tomb Raider 3
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Beyond Good and Evil
4. V.I.P
5. Super Smash Bros 64