Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-01-19, 13:55   #1561
Ian666

This has turned into a bit of a pisser imo.

It's January 2019 now and still no vinyl? It was supposed to be an anniversary gift in Aug 2018 from my better half but that never happened, I understand delays but 6 months still without physical forms of the music.

It's a bit mad alright.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 19:45   #1562
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
This has turned into a bit of a pisser imo.

It's January 2019 now and still no vinyl? It was supposed to be an anniversary gift in Aug 2018 from my better half but that never happened, I understand delays but 6 months still without physical forms of the music.

It's a bit mad alright.
I was messaged a few hours ago regarding my Gold Edition which I won through a raffle and I was asked to choose which format I want it to be; vinyl, CD or tin, so they're likely about to start shipping soon. However, if you were an attendee of the Composer Buffet Reception with a VIP ticket, please make sure to let Nathan or the team know that you're entitled to receive a copy of the album in your choice of Tin, CD or Vinyl, as when I asked Nathan about them at first, he said the VIP ticket does not include those, so I sent him a screenshot from the website that clearly shows that VIP ticket holders are entitled to receiving a copy of the album, and I'm yet to hear from him about it.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 22:52   #1563
Helegad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArigatoGozymas View Post
when I asked Nathan about them at first, he said the VIP ticket does not include those
Good lord
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 02:13   #1564
Camera Obscura

Anyone from the states still waiting for their stuff? I haven't received my t-shirts yet. Did Nate mention when the next shipment was due?

Last edited by Camera Obscura; 12-01-19 at 02:21.
Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 02:44   #1565
Error96

Quote:
I was messaged a few hours ago regarding my Gold Edition which I won through a raffle.
I won on the raffle too but haven't been asked which version.

Quote:
when I asked Nathan about them at first, he said the VIP ticket does not include those, so I sent him a screenshot from the website that clearly shows that VIP ticket holders are entitled to receiving a copy of the album, and I'm yet to hear from him about it.
There definitely was a copy of the album down as part of VIP so we should be getting that. The party was the most incredible experience to go to and worth every penny but the page did say we get an album copy too. It still says it on the CBR page on the website now.

Last edited by Error96; 12-01-19 at 04:37.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 19:03   #1566
Ian666

I'll look forward to getting my vinyl in 10 months so :P
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 18:20   #1567
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera Obscura View Post
Anyone from the states still waiting for their stuff? I haven't received my t-shirts yet. Did Nate mention when the next shipment was due?
Got my stuff last Thursday I believe it was, the 10th of January. My T-Shirt and poster were all in order and look wonderful. Can’t wait to get the poster framed.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 18:51   #1568
georgekgr

still no update for the cd?
georgekgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 00:31   #1569
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

UPDATE: Nathan wrote back to me the next day acknowledging that it was a mistake on his own end and that I will be a receiving my choice of CD, Tin or Vinyl since I’m a VIP ticket holder.

Sorry for taking a while to update you. Just make sure you remind him when you get in touch.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 15:32   #1570
Brendanlovesu1

Dear Backers,

First of all I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year.

I trust you all had a good Christmas.

2018 was a testing year for the TRS team, but we battled through it and with renewed energy we are steaming forward into 2019. With that in mind here is another update for you on the status of the project and your rewards.

As most of you will know, we made our first shipment on 18th December last year sending out all the paper items and T-Shirts.

We had some returns due to us having old shipping address details, so if you have moved address recently please may I ask you to either update your details via the survey we sent out last year, or send me a private message on Kickstarter and I will do the job for you.

We also had some thieving postmen from around the world stealing T-Shirts and other goodies from the Poster Tubes. Some of them stealing entire tubes altogether. So if you were expecting any paper items or T-Shirts and you have not yet received them, please let me know and we will look into it, and then report the thieving sod to your local post office.

So onto the rest of our products...

3D Logos

These have been manufactured now and are in our possession, so we will be posting these out in our next shipping run.

Jewel Case CDs

After a very frustrating lead up to Christmas 2018, we had the unfortunate news that our supplier was not able to deliver before Christmas, despite having been told the contrary a few weeks before. We were then given a delivery date of 15th January, only to be told later that the particular Multi-Box CD cases we ordered were out of stock and would not in fact even be available until the 15th January! I was very tempted to attend the supplier’s office in person with my double guns blazing, but the rogue drones at Heathrow airport put a stop to that. I contacted them 2 days ago and was told that we can expect delivery on 28th January, so we plan to make our next shipping run on 2nd February and get these sent out to you.

Double Vinyl Albums

Although the final adjustments to the artwork have been completed, we were missing one important ingredient to our finished product and that was the central image for the inside of the gatefold sleeve. We thought long and hard about what image we should use here, and after much deliberation we decided to ask Jill Furmanovsky (Abbey Road’s resident photographer) for permission to use 2 of her composite photographs she took during the recording session of the album. Jill is super famous and has photographed pretty much everyone and anyone who has been to Abbey Road, including Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton, Blondie, The Police, Led Zeppelin, The Pretenders, Bob Dylan, and Oasis to name a few. So we thought, in line with our ‘top quality’ direction for The Tomb Raider Suite, using Jill’s photos will add that icing on the cake for this very special Vinyl album.

Our plan is to use one of the photos for the Classic Lara and Modern Lara albums, and the other for the Gold Ultimate Edition and Retail albums.

Jill very kindly slashed her usual fee to fit in with our budget and we are very grateful to her for that and honoured that she is allowing us to use them.

If you want to check out her work, I’m sure you will eat away a few hours looking through some of the amazing photos she has taken over the last 40 years.

https://www.rockarchive.com/photogra...ll-furmanovsky

I took possession of Jill’s photos today so we are now inserting them into our vinyl gatefold templates in preparation for the manufacturing of the albums themselves.

Deluxe Tin CDs

This week also sees the completion of the final adjustments to the artwork of the Tin CDs. It may seem like a simple task to do, but it is far from that. Printing onto tin produces a different finish to that of printing on paper, so we cannot simply translate changes we make to the Jewel Case CDs directly over to the Tin CDs. Furthermore we do not have the budget to produce test prints of the Tin CDs. Apart from them being manufactured in China, test prints onto Tin are very expensive due to the overheads in setting up the machines. So we are very much reliant on our agent here in the UK who is guiding us through these final stages via conversations with the pressing plant in China. And although this is the quickest way for us to get it all sorted, the time difference plays its part in slowing the whole process whenever changes are made, or when questions need answering. With all this said, we have high hopes that we can finally place this order by the beginning of next week.

Composer Buffet Reception – San Francisco

With most of the work load now behind us, I am happy to say that we are able to re-engage our plans for the San Francisco Composer Buffet Reception. We have some number crunching to do in the first instance now that we have our actual spend on the reception at Hatfield House. Once that’s done we should be in a strong position to look at securing a date for this event. Of course I will let you know that and other details as soon as they are confirmed.

Live Concerts

We are constantly pushing for more gigs and currently we are talking to orchestras in the UK, Ireland, Czech Republic, Tenerife and also pushing out to orchestras in China, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. So hopefully we can bring Tomb Raider: Live In Concert to some of those places in the not too distant future. Although it was a shame that the Australian gigs were postponed, we have been told that they will happen towards the end of this year. So we have our fingers tightly crossed for that.

Tomb Raider 1, 2 & 3 Soundtracks

Plans to start work on these in February are still in place.

Documentary

We are making good progress with the Documentary and have our first excerpt trailer which I am happy to be able to share with you all now via the link below.

https://youtu.be/-bFVU1q5ma4

We still have a little more filming to do, but we are very excited about how it is coming together and we hope to have a final cut ready in a couple of months time.

So that’s about it for now. Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Jewel Case CDs coming next.

Over and out!

Nathan.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote