Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 09-12-19, 20:49   #14031
sampiza

Now I understand this tutorial helped, thx guys.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 21:37   #14032
dcw123

Is there a way to remove (or alter) lighting effects caused by fire and Lara shooting?

I know TR1 Reimagined somehow removed these effects (to be like TR1)
When Lara shoots in TR3 onwards, the lighting is yellowish
TR2 had white lighting..
TR1 had nothing at all but the gunflash effect

I suppose this would be quite difficult to achieve?
I know NGLE can't handle sprites yet which is a shame - even if I could make an animated 2D looking fire - getting it to burn Lara (and for the same sprite to show up on her) would be tough to script..

I was also looking into custom bars to look more like the PS1 versions (I always preferred the bigger bars and the fact they are on the right hand side instead of left for health and right for air)
Using AODFan's amazing TR Reimagined released scripts - I've managed to move the health bar over to the right hand side and move the air bar below this - and even added the ammo counter under these too ^^)

EDIT: Took me a long time to perfect, but I elongated the bars, repositioned them and edited colours to match. I present a WIP TR2 bars setup

I'm going to try displaying sprites ontop of the bars IF I can (to show when guns drawn, when underwater etc) - like the tutorial by A_De on TRSearch. Perhaps I can replicate the older style bars and the outline they have. I know mine is fairly close already but I'm such a perfectionist I want to see if I can do it

Now I just need to remove 'Unlimited' when pistols are equip (if thats possible) and I need to move the ammo counter over to the right a bit more (not sure how yet though, still learning)
I wondered if I can add the little black border inside the border like TR2 and 3 had (inside the white line where the colours are, its 1 pixel thick)
I'm not sure what most of the FLEP settings do and I don't want to mess mess up my current setup. I might make the white borders thicker too.
When I perfect this - I'm going to make a tutorial / guide with links to the scripts I used so others can use in their levels too ^^)
(I think there is a lack of info on such things and I know lots of people can stuck so)

OK so I am trying to use sprites to overlay around the bars (for some reason the colours are always on top so had to work around the border)
It looks as close to the PSX games as I can get. I just used a generic trigger to test this.
The sprites would need some conditions to only display when they are meant to.
Is there a condition for when bars are displayed? As in, if Lara draws her guns, takes damage (health bar is drawn) to also show sprite ONLY when the health bar (or air bar etc) is showing?

PSX bars for comparison below:

I tried to add those little notches on the sides of each bar but for some reason these get cut off despite being in the sprite bmp.. hmm no biggie
If its too complex a setup to achieve - I can always just use the default patched bars I had to begin with..
With a larger white boarder they looked nice enough anyway.. just without the black fading inside is all.

Last edited by dcw123; 10-12-19 at 23:37.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 19:50   #14033
Kidd Bowyer

Can anyone recommend the best Graphics Card settings for "Play The Game"? Everything in NGCenter/TRLE works great on my laptop, but when I moved the program+files over to my desktop (which uses an NVIDIA GeForce GTX970), it just doesn't work.

The Loading Screen freezes, and when I tab away, the Title Menu music plays, but the actual tomb4.exe window just shows my desktop wallpaper, or a chunk of what I'm looking at on Google Chrome. :/
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 00:42   #14034
Opaque79

My PC crashed and needed a clean re-install. I got TRLE+TRNG installed but when I try to update, I get this

What's wrong?

EDIT: Used the wrong TRNG setup file. Got the correct one now

All sorted now. Sorry, wasted post

Last edited by Opaque79; 12-12-19 at 00:46.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 16:05   #14035
dcw123

Hey guys n gals.

I'm using the DeathSlide (zipline) object from TR2 and everything works fine - except for the sounds.
I have TR2 sounds for it - but it appears the object doesn't have any sounds assigned to it (Animcommands)
I'd add the sound over the animations for Lara would could work in theory - except for when she lets go (since if the zipline carries on, it should still make sound until it stops, even if she let go)

Am I missing something here.. It does play some random sound effects in-game but so far I haven't been able to pinpoint them
Old 13-12-19, 17:21   #14036
Mulf

In the sounds.txt of an unreleased level of mine, I used following slots for the zipline (TR3 version, not sure if it differs from the TR2 version):

WATER_LOOP_NOTINUSE: start slide
GUIDE_LAND_USENOT: slide
EMPTY [after TRAPDOOR_CLOSE]: stop slide

These work perfectly fine in-game as is (although I should mention that it's a pre-TRNG level). The random sounds you currently hear are probably those assigned to your wad that come next after these (unused) slots.

Last edited by Mulf; 13-12-19 at 17:24.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 02:23   #14037
HaniHeger

Hey, so I've been wanting to edit Lara's Model in Meta, But once I import Lara's meches from Strpix,well it's not quite lara, u know it's that buggy lara,with lot's of butts. How do I exactly import it properly so I can edit in Meta?
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 02:46   #14038
Krystian

^ You should export Lara_Skin instead. The Lara object itself has fake meshes (so-called "dummy meshes") that get replaced by the Lara_Skin meshes in the game. Other tools like Wadmerger, TRViewer, etc. also replace these meshes so you can look at Lara with her animations, but this is only inside those programs, once you export the Lara object you'll get the butt-Lara
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 13:06   #14039
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
In the sounds.txt of an unreleased level of mine, I used following slots for the zipline (TR3 version, not sure if it differs from the TR2 version):

WATER_LOOP_NOTINUSE: start slide
GUIDE_LAND_USENOT: slide
EMPTY [after TRAPDOOR_CLOSE]: stop slide

These work perfectly fine in-game as is (although I should mention that it's a pre-TRNG level). The random sounds you currently hear are probably those assigned to your wad that come next after these (unused) slots.
I got it working.. I used the Diagnostics to see which slots it was using in-game.
Traindoor noise and VonCroyKnifeSwoosh - so I changed them and it worked! YAY!

Now... noob issue here. I want a moving object which damages Lara when she hits it. Simple right - except I need the object to 'loop' and restart - so its like a dart, constantly looping around.

Issue is - I had the object in the Animating Slot (forcing loop animation) but I can't figure out how to make movables damage Lara (there is no option for it)

I then converted it into a Static object (which using OCB you can have it damage Lara) - although I'm not sure how to force an animation so it loops around and replays (it has move N,E,S,W directions though)
What would be the best setup for this?
I've probably overlooked something SO simple IDK

I know TR1 Reimagined had TR1 style darts - so I might look into those scripts and see if I can replicate it somehow

Last edited by dcw123; 15-12-19 at 13:07.
Old 15-12-19, 13:41   #14040
Krystian

^ Static objects can't have animations, hence the name, "static"
You can move them as far as I know, but I don't know if this movement from point A to B can be looped in a convenient way.

Using an Animating object is the way to go, because you have the bonus of using the existing animations (the darts from TR1 and shooting blades from TR2 should already have them). As for how you get them to damage Lara, it's not too complicated. Set up a GlobalTrigger with GT_COLLIDE_SLOT and the slot of the blade object as the parameter. Next set up a triggergroup with Flipeffect 89 (Lara. (Health) Damage Lara, decreasing life by <&>percentage). Select the desired amount of HP to take from Lara's health (it's in confusing percentages, but since 1000 HP is the total health, 0.1% corresponds to 1 HP) and select one shot mode. Then hit export to trigger an put the trigger triplet in the TriggerGroup. Last thing you need to do is link that TriggerGroup with the GlobalTrigger in its PerformTriggerGroup field. It should look like this:
Code:
GlobalTrigger= 1, IGNORE, GT_COLLIDE_SLOT, ANIMATINGX, IGNORE, 1, IGNORE ;when colliding with animating of slot ANIMATINGX (replace it with actual slot)

TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 89, $D ;damage Lara by 5% or 50 hp (replace this if you want)
And of course adjust the ID numbers in case you already have GlobalTriggers and TriggerGroups.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote