www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 08-06-21, 11:02   #18461
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

#JusticeforDaddyRourke
Brendanlovesu1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 11:48   #18462
Ellioft
Professor

I wonder If jungles again will not seems like a redit from the last movie... I hope they go for a variety of locations.
Old 08-06-21, 12:49   #18463
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I wonder If jungles again will not seems like a redit from the last movie... I hope they go for a variety of locations.
I think it will depend on what we actually see in those jungles.

What I mean is, the jungle segment of the first movie was very much camping and slave camp based, with the only ruin being the Karakuri wall.

It was also very daytime based outside of Lara's first kill, and human based, with almost no wild animals present.

If meso-american ruins, animals, and more night time sequences are involved, I think it can feel different enough for the movie to not feel too similar to the last one. I mean, would you say that SotTR was too similar in its environments to the 2018 movie?

More varied environments would be a welcome, though. Even if they want to keep the focus on central and south america, you could have for example a sequence at the Andes for snowy location, or one of the many deserts in that region for that kind of environment as well. There is more to south america than jungles...
Old 08-06-21, 13:26   #18464
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I seen that article from that TRASH site Daniel Richtman DID NOT say this. It was just that website using his name for clout and views and I was mislead by that article too When I read it.

That site isn't reliable and that article isn't associated with Daniel which is sad because his reputation is great and that site blatantly lies using his name when he said nothing of the sort. This new piece of information is though and comes from his Patreon page. It's worth noting that unless it's from the account DANIELRPK than take it with a grain of salt because there are many fake accounts out there that claim to be him.

The Angelina Jolie rumor wasn't on his Patreon which I follow and have checked on and there's nothing on it like that nor has there been, it seems WGTC routinely uses his name in fake articles because he has a good track record whereas they fabricate everything. It's bad taste to discuss what news is on there because it's specifically for his subscribers which is why I don't think it's fair that GVN are claiming the exclusive.

But I'm a bit more confident that this news is more inclined to be legitimate than if it came directly from GVN.
OMG! Seriusly? Very bad that they use Daniel's name in this way Now they have echoed the news again and are advancing more crazy things:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ype-lead-role/

"to play the part of Rourke, a mercenary who will presumably toe the line between friend, foe and potential love interest for Alicia Vikander’s Lara Croft" lol

As for Robert Pattinson ... they said a "Robert Pattinson Style" so yes, Nicholas Hoult or any candidate for "The Batman" would be possible.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 08-06-21 at 13:36.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 13:54   #18465
SoraSakai
Inactive

Nah. I believe absolutely none of this.

I’ll take my news from Misha herself, thank you. Lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 14:00   #18466
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post

I’ll take my news from Misha herself, thank you. Lol
It's so good that both Misha and Tasha for the animated series keep giving us small tidbits about their respective projects, isn't it?
Old 08-06-21, 14:12   #18467
Rai

Quote:

Iíll take my news from Misha herself, thank you. Lol
Whilst I don't mind theses articles popping up, I treat them as rumours or speculation so, if false, what they say can be shrugged off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It's so good that both Misha and Tasha for the animated series keep giving us small tidbits about their respective projects, isn't it?
I'm grateful they're both trying to be open, where they can, definitely.
Old 08-06-21, 14:38   #18468
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:

Iíll take my news from Misha herself, thank you. Lol
Rightly so to be fair nobosy cna blame you for that.
Old 08-06-21, 15:44   #18469
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I will play a bit of devil's advocat here, we know from Alicia herself in September/October (don't remember now when that interview was) that at least Amy Jump was still on board with the movie at the time, rewriting the script to have a more experienced Lara since the pandemic meant the sequels would be further apart than previously planned. The last GVN reports we had before Misha came aboard were also from around that time. It can be argued that maybe (keyword: maybe) their info was correct for the Ben/Amy version of the movie.

They also had that info about the possible shooting locations at the time, which was confirmed to be true when Production Weekly made one of their January 2020 issues available as free sample months after it, so that part was actually correct at the time. Even if afterwards they dropped locations like China and Iceland to focus just on South Africa and UK.

Still, understandable if you don't trust at all that website.
Old 08-06-21, 17:54   #18470
Ellioft
Professor

I hope it can still be shooted around the globe and not just in South America, England and South Africa because it's boring.

Also I hope they don't go into the friend/foe/lover route because this will be a shame to have a female director/writter and have the same sh... as usual.

No love interest