www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-11-20, 23:46   #331
Swiz19
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Reboot Lara had plenty of good outfits/looks in the reboot comics and that's her style. IMO her style isn't CLara's signature outfit or pretty much a majority of what CLara wears. CLara looks so good in her choice of outfits because she has the ethnic look, voluptuous body proportions, exotic and curvy features. Her clothing is custom made to fit her. I wouldn't want RLara wearing CLara's trademarks because the fans ask for it because it just wouldn't make sense (at least to me) I cant picture RLara in a leotard top, short shorts, latex catsuits, etc because it doesn't fit her personality.
To be fair, the reboot trilogy sold tons of outfits as DLC. Not once did they give us a proper classic-inspired option, which would have done wonders with letting players choose how they saw Lara. Yet we got all those hideous culturally appropriated tribal outfits.

I mean look at the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes. They went for a far more realistic horror tone, and changed the default character designs to something a lot less campy and more practical - but they still gave us the OPTION to look like their original designs, because they respected their fans and the games history. CD didn't even try, instead they tried to pretend everything pre-2013 was all a mass hallucination.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 23:55   #332
SoraSakai
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,776
Default

It’s just gonna be generic Lara on one side of the screen, enemies on the other side. Tap what Lara does. Does she shoot them with a gun or something something backflip.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 23:57   #333
Tomb Raidering
Professor
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pie Titty
Posts: 3,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
TRA + Selena gomez stans shouldn't be talking!
Yet here I am, talking. So what now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobubble View Post
When's the standalone Janice game coming, that's the real question
That’d be awesome.
__________________
Talk about being your own worst enemy.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:05   #334
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter
 
Yeauxleaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 9,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
To be fair, the reboot trilogy sold tons of outfits as DLC. Not once did they give us a proper classic-inspired option, which would have done wonders with letting players choose how they saw Lara. Yet we got all those hideous culturally appropriated tribal outfits.

I mean look at the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes. They went for a far more realistic horror tone, and changed the default character designs to something a lot less campy and more practical - but they still gave us the OPTION to look like their original designs, because they respected their fans and the games history. CD didn't even try, instead they tried to pretend everything pre-2013 was all a mass hallucination.
While I think the change to more "practical" (read: generic) outfits in the REmakes was unnecessary, given in both games the characters were suddenly thrown into action when not expecting it, I agree. At least they included versions of the original outfits as unlockables. Albeit poorly in Jill Valentine's case, having to change her skirt to shorts, because they put in so many gratuitious close-up ass shots of her in cutscenes a skirt wouldn't work. They covered her scandalous legs in the default costumes though so I guess the church elders were happy...

The thing is, Reboot Lara actually does have quite a nice, athletic-curvy figure under her clothes, especially in Shadow. She is not flat-chested nor is she lacking an ass or curves. We can just barely tell, because she's constantly drowning in boxy mens' clothes, and overdesigned tribal skins with 100 layers of rags flying off her.
__________________
Free Britney now.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:10   #335
Alphonse
Student
 
Alphonse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Paris France
Posts: 113
Default

Did you notice how she holds Roth's pistols ?

Is this a clue to foreshadow the return of the Duals in SOTTR2 ?
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:12   #336
Swiz19
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
While I think the change to more "practical" (read: generic) outfits in the REmakes was unnecessary, given in both games the characters were suddenly thrown into action when not expecting it, I agree. At least they included versions of the original outfits as unlockables. Albeit poorly in Jill Valentine's case, having to change her skirt to shorts, because they put in so many gratuitious close-up ass shots of her in cutscenes a skirt wouldn't work. They covered her scandalous legs in the default costumes though so I guess the church elders were happy...

The thing is, Reboot Lara actually does have quite a nice, athletic-curvy figure under her clothes, especially in Shadow. She is not flat-chested nor is she lacking an ass or curves. We can just barely tell, because she's constantly drowning in boxy mens' clothes, and overdesigned tribal skins with 100 layers of rags flying off her.
Urgh still salty about Jill`s redesign. They could have easily gone for an classic inspired look that was more realistic, but opted to go for Claire/reboot Lara/generic 2010s heroine instead.

With Lara its not even about having a good body or not IMO. The simple fact that they didnt even do the absolute bear minimum to even give us a classic inspired look - or even a cool adventurer look, still irks me.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:23   #337
lance6439
Legend
 
lance6439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UTOPIA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Posts: 30,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
To be fair, the reboot trilogy sold tons of outfits as DLC. Not once did they give us a proper classic-inspired option, which would have done wonders with letting players choose how they saw Lara. Yet we got all those hideous culturally appropriated tribal outfits.

I mean look at the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes. They went for a far more realistic horror tone, and changed the default character designs to something a lot less campy and more practical - but they still gave us the OPTION to look like their original designs, because they respected their fans and the games history. CD didn't even try, instead they tried to pretend everything pre-2013 was all a mass hallucination.
agreed


i also forgot how terrible those tribal outfits are...ew
__________________
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:35   #338
malferink
Explorer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Exactly, Tomb Raider is alive, she ain't dead yet. She isn't going anywhere either given the latest rumors.

2021 is gonna be a very exciting year for TR.
I've been out of the loop for a while now, what rumor are we talking about?
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:41   #339
laracroftswest
Professor
 
laracroftswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnydale
Posts: 4,659
Default

Not some of y'all acting like this is the only thing happening next year and it's some sort of slap in the face.

Have some bread and maybe you'll calm down a little. Y'all wanted Classic Lara, claimed she was long dead and that SE hated her, and here she is. Wait and see what happens.
__________________
Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire...
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 00:45   #340
Swiz19
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
I've been out of the loop for a while now, what rumor are we talking about?
Tr1 getting a remake. Again. This time, using TR Reboot Lara!

I dont believe the leak though, doesn't make sense that they would release TR UE (which will likely contain TR1 and maybe even anniversary), Reloaded - which is clearly heavily inspired by TR1, just to release another tr1 remake. Seems a bit much and could force the franchise to be viewed as stale again. Since, you know, doing another rehash really shows a lack of innovation and creativity. Then again, thats right up CD's alley so could be true.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.