www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old Today, 17:47   #31951
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I'm hoping that they don't recycle too much from 2 as well.
Jill's outfit being a copy of Claire's remake vest/jeans.
In the trailer, when Carlos helps Jill up - you can see a shop on the corner and the RPD in the back..
This is the SAME location seen at the very start of RE2 remake (minus the fire and the crashed semi)

I understand them reusing some assets to save time..
Kinda hoping Jill gets to explore the R.P.D aswell instead of just Carlos.
She has the personal STARS connection.. it was more personal for her..
Had they not changed the layout of the streets and starting point in RE2R they could have saved that whole area for RE3R (seeing as it's supposedly been in development while RE2R was being developed).
In the original we never enter through the main gates of the RPD, they should have stuck to the original.

Anyway been thinking of getting a PS4 Pro, so I can play RE3R at a smooth framerate/good visuals BUT then I'm thinking forget it.
I have a PS4 but did not like how the framerate was in the R2 demo.
So instead I want to get a new GC, a GTX 1660. Currently using a GTX 1050ti.
It's good, I was able to play RE2R 1920x1080 Med-High settings and get 60 fps (but drops here and there).

Also Jill's outfit, if Claire had not been given the same outfit with minor changes I would have loved this look on her. Too bad it looks like a recolour.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:54   #31952
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I think it's possible that this is the same semi-truck that crashes into Leon's police car at the beginning of RE2. If you notice in the background, there's a sign for a store called Amiset. This is the same store that Claire/Leon passes by on the same street to get to Kendo's Gun Shop. The street view from RE3 is not 100% accurate to the street that Leon and Claire run across. But then again, Capcom wasn't exactly the best at continuity in the Classic RE games considering how they treated the RPD in RE3 despite the fact it takes place before RE2. I think it might be intended to be one and the same, but it doesn't really fit the timeline. IIRC, Claire and Leon didn't enter Raccoon City until Jill was knocked out with the T-Virus. Or was that when they arrived to the RPD?
I used to think this too - but it isn't the same street. Its impossible.
I believe its just reused assets sadly.

If you play RE2 again and look at the map - the crash happens next to the RPD outer wall at a T junction (this same wall can be seen where the bus crash is in RE3)
The trolley area however is right across town in a totally different area.. so it can't be the same road.

The characters B scenario also shows just how close this crash happened to the RPD - its the street right outside the outer walls..
Most streets you can link up from RE2 to RE3 - such as the front gate area..

I actually did a post about this on TheHorror.com (RE forum)

The games were full of continuity errors anyway. Most likely as I say.. just reusing assets and maybe to pay homage. Thats it.
As you can see - the distance is just too far to be the same

Last edited by dcw123; Today at 18:02.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:03   #31953
matrix54
Tomb Raider

The Amiset stores are actually on the same block. We can easily assume it's advertising. The real continuity error is how the truck managed to go down a tight, barricaded street.

Also, let's talk about Jill's epic commute to work. Less than two blocks to work? #winning

Last edited by matrix54; Today at 18:06.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:07   #31954
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
The Amiset stores are actually on the same block. We can easily assume it's advertising. The real continuity error is how the truck managed to go down a tight, barricaded street.
Ha... yeah.

Lets not forget how RE3 and Outbreak mention the town being cut off under martial law - yet Claire and Leon just drive on through in RE2 without a hitch.
Or how the RE2 waterworks area is right where RE3 City Hall would be.
Or how Nemesis breaking through the RPD 1F window is magically fixed in RE2 (which technically takes place after) They couldn't retcon it since 2 was made first.. so.. yeah

I try not to think about this stuff too much heh

@Matrix54 - never noticed she lived so close LOL - Wonder how this'll reflect in the Remake

Last edited by dcw123; Today at 18:08.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:23   #31955
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I used to think this too - but it isn't the same street. Its impossible.
I believe its just reused assets sadly.

If you play RE2 again and look at the map - the crash happens next to the RPD outer wall at a T junction (this same wall can be seen where the bus crash is in RE3)
The trolley area however is right across town in a totally different area.. so it can't be the same road.

The characters B scenario also shows just how close this crash happened to the RPD - its the street right outside the outer walls..
Most streets you can link up from RE2 to RE3 - such as the front gate area..

I actually did a post about this on TheHorror.com (RE forum)

The games were full of continuity errors anyway. Most likely as I say.. just reusing assets and maybe to pay homage. Thats it.
As you can see - the distance is just too far to be the same
Oh nice map! Thanks for that! I figured it wasnít the same area, but wasnít sure. I knew it couldnít be not only because of the map but the timeline would be all wrong. RE3 starts on Sept. 28th, but by the time you leave the RPD as Jill itís nighttime. Claire and Leon donít arrive in town until the following night of the 29th. RE3 definitely has a lot of continuity errors. I hate that the doors are all boarded up inside the RPD when those arenít there in RE2, why couldnít they just have the doors be electronically locked when you inspect them, just like in 2? Hopefully all these continuity errors arenít repeated.

Iím actually sad we donít seem to be getting any daylight portions in the remake, I was looking forward to seeing RC during the day. But apparently the sun never shine in RC. :/