www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 27-01-20, 01:14   #15651
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I mean, it also didn't make sense for Lara to not have the duals on RotTR, considering the duals were not just a Easter Egg on TR2013 but there was instead a proper plot development towards Lara having them at the end of that game, yet here we are. :v

Still, like Rai said, different people involved. Hopefully they won't make the same mistakes the reboot sequels did in regards of Lara's equipment.
Mmm... I don't know. In TR2013 she grabbed the second pistol from Mathias. It was more of a reaction than anything. It doesn't necessarily mean she MUST start using them after that specific moment.

The way Lara sees them at the end of TR2018 and finds them interesting and grabs both, could be interpreted as something more definitive. Something she's doing because she feels like it, not something she improvised to save herself from death. If she doesn't have them in TR2021 it would feel much more jarring imo.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 03:40   #15652
TrustyBow
Professor

As with the games, I don't really care If she doesn't have them but it wouldn't really make any sense for her not to.

I just hope they don't sacrifice the axes for them. I feel like it'd be too much if she had the duals, the axes and the bow. If they had to get rid of one, I'd prefer it to be the bow. In the games, you can get away with it I guess but in the context of a movie, it'd be a lot harder to justify the bows usage.
Old 27-01-20, 06:48   #15653
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
As with the games, I don't really care If she doesn't have them but it wouldn't really make any sense for her not to.

I just hope they don't sacrifice the axes for them. I feel like it'd be too much if she had the duals, the axes and the bow. If they had to get rid of one, I'd prefer it to be the bow. In the games, you can get away with it I guess but in the context of a movie, it'd be a lot harder to justify the bows usage.
Agreed. I'd love for it to be included in a set piece, but I'd rather the duals and an axe instead.
Old 27-01-20, 08:11   #15654
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Mmm... I don't know. In TR2013 she grabbed the second pistol from Mathias. It was more of a reaction than anything. It doesn't necessarily mean she MUST start using them after that specific moment.
It was the pistol she gave Sam, that was given to Lara by Roth, Lara's mentor that we know also used dual pistols. There was a build up to that moment, it wasn't just a "random" thing that happened to Lara.

Now, you are right that it doesn't mean she must use them after that moment, but it would have been a perfect starting point. Now it kind of feels if Lara starts using duals in the games again, it would be a bit more of a random decision from her part. She still should use them, mind, but for a continuity that is more narrative driven, it will feel kind of odd now as well.

--

Edit: Evan Daugherty is apparently working on a reboot for Anaconda, which in my opinion is good because it means he is too busy to mess around with Tomb Raider again.

Because, while Geneva and Alastair were responsible for the screenplay, he was the main responsible for the actual plot of the movie. So you can most definitely thank him for daddy story and bland, non-supernatural Yamatai.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 27-01-20 at 13:32.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 01:55   #15655
SoraSakai
Professor

Did the 2018 film low-key predict the coronavirus?
Old 28-01-20, 09:08   #15656
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Did the 2018 film low-key predict the coronavirus?
Not unless people are also turning into zombies and the Chinese government is also covering that up...
Old 28-01-20, 09:31   #15657
SoraSakai
Professor

Such a loving and caring government that really cares about its citizens ^.^

We should cater movies towards them!
Old 28-01-20, 15:26   #15658
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Btw, speaking of the coronavirus, if at one point the info on IMDB was indeed true, I don't think this sequel will have scenes shot in Beijing anymore... :v
Old 28-01-20, 15:30   #15659
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Btw, speaking of the coronavirus, if at one point the info on IMDB was indeed true, I don't think this sequel will have scenes shot in Beijing anymore... :v
Who needs China anyway? It literally ruined the original Angelina Jolie trilogy. Cradle of Light flopped because of the China ban {the government thought China was ‘misrepresented’ in the movie}, and the sequel got cancelled. Not buying Angelina’s ‘I’ll not return for Tomb Raider’ excuse.

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 28-01-20 at 19:26.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 15:35   #15660
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Who needs China anyway? It literally ruined the original Angelina Jolie trilogy. Cradle of Light flopped because of the China ban {the government though China was ‘misrepresented’ in the movie}, and the sequel got cancelled. Not buying Angelina’s ‘I’ll not return for Tomb Raider’ excuse.
She said she would return if the movie was doing well but after the box office result she said "I was happy with the last one I have done everything I wanted blablabla" the typical hypocrisy spoken in Hollywood.