www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 11-07-19, 05:27   #14651
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

You're saying they should avoid it altogether, which is also following censorship guidelines, so.... your point?
Old 11-07-19, 05:58   #14652
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
You're saying they should avoid it altogether, which is also following censorship guidelines, so.... your point?
No. I’ve literally never said that.

Explaining the reasons as to why something won’t happen isn’t the same as agreeing with it not happening.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 11-07-19 at 06:03.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 15:11   #14653
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Ok, well wanting supernatural creatures and dinosaurs to return to the series isn't a stupid concept given that it was founded on those things. There's also no legitimate reason why it can't happen either when tons of other movies do it.

The first movie had written in a dragon before changing it. Supernatural creatures aren't so far fetched to include, and we aren't stupid for bouncing those ideas around. You, however, were very rude with how you waltzed in here and called people idiots for entertaining the idea.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 11-07-19 at 15:13.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 15:36   #14654
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Ok, well wanting supernatural creatures and dinosaurs to return to the series isn't a stupid concept given that it was founded on those things. There's also no legitimate reason why it can't happen either when tons of other movies do it.

The first movie had written in a dragon before changing it. Supernatural creatures aren't so far fetched to include, and we aren't stupid for bouncing those ideas around. You, however, were very rude with how you waltzed in here and called people idiots for entertaining the idea.
Dinausors isn't original when you have Godzilla/Jurassic World etc and to be fair I dont picture Alicia or Angie fighting a dinosaur in a movie.
Old 11-07-19, 15:47   #14655
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Dinausors isn't original when you have Godzilla/Jurassic World etc and to be fair I dont picture Alicia or Angie fighting a dinosaur in a movie.
Why do they have to do something "original?" It's not like the first movie was unique and the first of its kind.

Dinosaurs are very recognizable to TOMB RAIDER, which is what the movie is, so they could really do it in a badass way if they actually tried.

The reboot and its lack of imagination has jaded so much of the fanbase from wanting what the series was founded to be in the first place. That's disappointing.
Old 11-07-19, 15:52   #14656
andre_costa
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
As for the SotTR adaptation rumours, I remember either Fanos or Andre Costa mentioning them. But they were before SotTR's release: MGM was interested in basing the sequel around it if the game was successful.
I can confirm this. But now that I think of it, I'm not sure if they wanted to do a complete adaptation of SotTR or if they just wanted to use the idea of a mentally broken Lara.
Old 11-07-19, 16:07   #14657
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Why do they have to do something "original?" It's not like the first movie was unique and the first of its kind.

Dinosaurs are very recognizable to TOMB RAIDER, which is what the movie is, so they could really do it in a badass way if they actually tried.

The reboot and its lack of imagination has jaded so much of the fanbase from wanting what the series was founded to be in the first place. That's disappointing.
Or maybe they don't think that all the classic craziness would transfer well into cinema?

What makes a good videogame doesn't necessarily makes a good movie. Same thing for when adapting books and comics, for example. Marvel movies are tamed compared to the crazy stuff that happens in their source materials.

Do I think a Tomb Raider movie would be better with a more capable, confident Lara that is able to have fun? Definitely! Do I think it should embrace the supernatural elements present in different mythologies? Absolutely! But do I think that having dinosaurs suddenly appearing with no explanation just for Lara to shoot them in the face like it's nothing because "hey I need to be badass all the time, show no other range of emotions" would make a good movie? Absolutely not!
Old 11-07-19, 17:34   #14658
biscuits
Professor

I don't want dinosaurs. I want something more original and otherworldly.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 17:59   #14659
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I want Dinosaurs. Lost Valley in a movie.... a dream!

In fact, TR 1 and TR 2 had the best enemies, environments, history... A great movie could come out! Every time I see King Kong (Peter Jackson) the whole part of the Island ... I think, hopefully TR would be like that in the movies.

Anyway, in Jolie's movies we had an option ... in Alicia's I doubt it. The maximum that we will see will be viruses, tectonic plates, humanoids or things of pseudoscience

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 11-07-19 at 18:01.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 18:19   #14660
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:

Dinosaurs are very recognizable to Tomb Raider? I'd say boobs and duals are recognizable. And puzzles and adventure. When people think of TR they don't think of Dinosaurs, that's for sure.

I would prefer some mystical creatures like the ones from Ascension. Seeing a T-Rex appear next to Alicia Vikander would be absolutely awful. I would walk out of the movie tbh.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote