www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-08-20, 18:45   #31
Grenade
Professor

I bought the season pass when she was released, Hilde is great but Setsuka is always amazing!

Happy she's back, hated what they did to her in SCV. Definitely didn't expect Project Soul to make her younger. I thought and was personally hoping they would give her SCIII look back or look at least similar to it (as they did with Tira and Zasalamel) but alas not The artwork is stunning but the in game model her hair just doesn't look good. At least her 2nd recolour looks like SCIII and her SCIV outfit is back as CAS parts ala Amy, Cassandra and Hilde.

I will play Setsuka and Hilde's Soul Chronicle once I've finished another game. Apparently they're quite long.
Old 20-08-20, 20:35   #32
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Man it has been many years since I last played SoulCalibur. Didn't even know they came out with number 6. Played through the campaign in 5 and was highly disappointed.

Nightmare and Ivy were my favorites to play. All that power and range.

As for the boob armor thing, Shadiversity talks about it. I don't remember if the video is safe to post.

More armor types would be good. Should go from armored tank to skimpy. That should make most people happy.
Ah a fellow Nightmare Main player . I usually main as Hilde, Cervantes or Maxi in online matches, but when I am feeling especially sadistic, I always fallback to Nightmare. Sometimes, a pure brutal beat down is just as satisfying as finesse in matches .

And for those who maybe curious about Shadiversity's video explaining why Boob Armor isn't all that bad as its portrayed to be, I'll post the video up for you guys:

He makes very good points and keep in mind that historically speaking, Anatomically shaped Chest Plates were made for many male warriors so in a fantasy setting with an even mix of female and male warriors, it wouldn't be all that unusual for a female warrior from a Noble House to have a custom armor made for them that emphasizes their anatomy.

So overall, I am not against female breast plates that emphasizes a female warrior's bust, so long as its actually Armor and not a metal bikini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
I bought the season pass when she was released, Hilde is great but Setsuka is always amazing!

Happy she's back, hated what they did to her in SCV. Definitely didn't expect Project Soul to make her younger. I thought and was personally hoping they would give her SCIII look back or look at least similar to it (as they did with Tira and Zasalamel) but alas not The artwork is stunning but the in game model her hair just doesn't look good. At least her 2nd recolour looks like SCIII and her SCIV outfit is back as CAS parts ala Amy, Cassandra and Hilde.

I will play Setsuka and Hilde's Soul Chronicle once I've finished another game. Apparently they're quite long.
Yeah, I have been hearing a few complaints about Sesuka's Alternative Look. Fans of SC3 were hoping to atleast have the option of playing her with her "Oiran" look. You can recreate the look in Character Creation (though the hadajuban from her outfit which is binded in Shibari Style is a bit tasteless IMO but meh.)

On the request of my niece, this is my custom Setsuka Look . She wanted a fantasy Victorian look:

Usage wise, Setsuka is a character that you use if you have a reasonable mastery of the game's mechanics. Mind you, she is not as finesse intensive in SC6 as she was in SC3, but her more devastating attacks require good timing. I actually enjoy using her and she may end up taking Hilde's spot in my top three main usage.
Old 22-08-20, 09:31   #33
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

Finally gonna play as Setsuka again! They literally announced her as I had just left Athens for vacation so I've been very eager to try her out!!
Old 22-08-20, 11:32   #34
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

I've only played SoulCalibur II and damn I find it entertaining. I loved everything about it and I'm not into fighting games. I may buy VI even though what calls my attention is the characters creator. Has anyone created Lara?
Old 22-08-20, 12:08   #35
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
I've only played SoulCalibur II and damn I find it entertaining. I loved everything about it and I'm not into fighting games. I may buy VI even though what calls my attention is the characters creator. Has anyone created Lara?

VI is a lot of fun, definitely among the best fighting games of this console generation imo
Old 24-08-20, 10:12   #36
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post

VI is a lot of fun, definitely among the best fighting games of this console generation imo
OMG The way Classic rebooted the other one's ass
Old 29-11-20, 17:44   #37
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Final Character has been revealed and thankfully, its Hawng:

He looks absolutely amazing and from what I see from the move set they have given him, he will quickly become one of my mains.
Old Yesterday, 06:53   #38
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

I am so relieved it's Hwang. I was starting to fear they might pull an Algol or an Aeon... Yikes.

I'm not too hot on the new outfit but his face looks cool (I like the artwork a lot more than the actual in-game model though, looks a bit generic-y, like a character creation face) and the moves look amazing! Definitely making him one of my mains again after so many years!

They also shared a bit of his updated, new timeline backstory.

https://twitter.com/soulcalibur/stat...675250688?s=20

See, that's why I love SoulCalibur.

The ammount of detail that goes into characters' backstories and even the backstories of their weapons and stages is insane.

They need to put more of that on the spotlight and less character creation and guest characters galore ****.

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; Yesterday at 06:55.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote