www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-02-19, 10:56   #101
tomee
Tomb Raider

So Kitana is Kahn of Outworld now, apparently. In one of the intros Baraka refers to her as "Kitana Kahn" when he and Jade are discussing Outworld's leadership.

It's interesting how Kahnum was established the feminine equivalent of Kahn and now it's no longer used, but nevertheless this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
Old 17-02-19, 11:26   #102
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
same! i guess mileena will be dlc......i mean, there is no way an mk game doesnt have mileena!
Old 17-02-19, 12:11   #103
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
same! i guess mileena will be dlc......i mean, there is no way an mk game doesnt have mileena!
Wow, I just realized this is a golden opportunity to reignite their rivalry

They could show Scorpion and Sub-Zero how it's done, since they prefer having tea together instead nowadays.
Old 17-02-19, 12:44   #104
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist

Quote:
Wow, I just realized this is a golden opportunity to reignite their rivalry

They could show Scorpion and Sub-Zero how it's done, since they prefer having tea together instead nowadays.
Since the game is playing with time, I could see them bringing back Mileena to kill D'vorah in the story.
Old 17-02-19, 19:06   #105
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

I don’t think Mileena will be DLC, I think she is one of the main characters. Especially since Jade is back.
Old 17-02-19, 19:14   #106
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I don’t think Mileena will be DLC, I think she is one of the main characters. Especially since Jade is back.
I think Mileena won't have a role in the main story and she's a huge fan favorite that people did not expect to return. That's why I think she will be DLC. So they can excite people and have them pay for her.
Old 17-02-19, 20:56   #107
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
So Kitana is Kahn of Outworld now, apparently. In one of the intros Baraka refers to her as "Kitana Kahn" when he and Jade are discussing Outworld's leadership.

It's interesting how Kahnum was established the feminine equivalent of Kahn and now it's no longer used, but nevertheless this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
Considering the time altering shenanigans going on with the story, it's probably an alternate universe Kitana considering who the big bad of this game is, supposedly.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 21:42   #108
Heartache
Professor

i think its the same kitana we saw in mkx. i mean they were showing her and lui king as the empress and emperor of outworld in the last scene and they got respective outfits in mkx for it.

chronika (spelling?) is only showing herself now because of raiden. she never had to interfere before
Old 17-02-19, 22:50   #109
Kirishima
Historian

@heartache

The idea of an alternate Kitana came from the games reveal trailer where there were 2 Scorpions, the current present one and one from the past when he was still a revenant/wraith. In the end, whatever I'm saying is all still just speculation at this point.

Also, I thought tomee was referring to intro dialogue between Jade and Baraka. I didn't see whether it was revenant Jade or living Jade.

Last edited by Kirishima; 17-02-19 at 22:54.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-19, 08:15   #110
Heartache
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
@heartache

The idea of an alternate Kitana came from the games reveal trailer where there were 2 Scorpions, the current present one and one from the past when he was still a revenant/wraith. In the end, whatever I'm saying is all still just speculation at this point.

Also, I thought tomee was referring to intro dialogue between Jade and Baraka. I didn't see whether it was revenant Jade or living Jade.
i understood the idea of alternate characters since they were already showing two lui kangs and two kung laos in one of the trailers.

what i tried to explain is that khanum kitana is the same kitana we saw in MKX since the ending showed her as empress of outworld. if we see a second kitana it will probably be a human kitana from an alternate timeline, not the other way around