www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-02-19, 10:56   #101
tomee
Tomb Raider
 
tomee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 14,281
Default

So Kitana is Kahn of Outworld now, apparently. In one of the intros Baraka refers to her as "Kitana Kahn" when he and Jade are discussing Outworld's leadership.

It's interesting how Kahnum was established the feminine equivalent of Kahn and now it's no longer used, but nevertheless this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
__________________
My signature was removed because it was vulgar. Now I can't choose my own till March 2014. If I edit this one I will be suspended till March 2014.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 11:26   #102
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
same! i guess mileena will be dlc......i mean, there is no way an mk game doesnt have mileena!
__________________
'Dad was right, I lost my wig'
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 12:11   #103
tomee
Tomb Raider
 
tomee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 14,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
same! i guess mileena will be dlc......i mean, there is no way an mk game doesnt have mileena!
Wow, I just realized this is a golden opportunity to reignite their rivalry

They could show Scorpion and Sub-Zero how it's done, since they prefer having tea together instead nowadays.
__________________
My signature was removed because it was vulgar. Now I can't choose my own till March 2014. If I edit this one I will be suspended till March 2014.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 12:44   #104
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Wow, I just realized this is a golden opportunity to reignite their rivalry

They could show Scorpion and Sub-Zero how it's done, since they prefer having tea together instead nowadays.
Since the game is playing with time, I could see them bringing back Mileena to kill D'vorah in the story.
__________________
'Dad was right, I lost my wig'
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 19:06   #105
AntRaidsTombs
Professor
 
AntRaidsTombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,911
Default

I don’t think Mileena will be DLC, I think she is one of the main characters. Especially since Jade is back.
__________________
“Sometimes the courage of one person can outweigh the cowardice of others.” - LC
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 19:14   #106
johnanonymouz
Archaeologist
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I don’t think Mileena will be DLC, I think she is one of the main characters. Especially since Jade is back.
I think Mileena won't have a role in the main story and she's a huge fan favorite that people did not expect to return. That's why I think she will be DLC. So they can excite people and have them pay for her.
__________________
'Dad was right, I lost my wig'
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 20:56   #107
Kirishima
Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
So Kitana is Kahn of Outworld now, apparently. In one of the intros Baraka refers to her as "Kitana Kahn" when he and Jade are discussing Outworld's leadership.

It's interesting how Kahnum was established the feminine equivalent of Kahn and now it's no longer used, but nevertheless this is exciting news to me. I never really liked Kotal Kahn.
Considering the time altering shenanigans going on with the story, it's probably an alternate universe Kitana considering who the big bad of this game is, supposedly.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 21:42   #108
Heartache
Professor
 
Heartache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,620
Default

i think its the same kitana we saw in mkx. i mean they were showing her and lui king as the empress and emperor of outworld in the last scene and they got respective outfits in mkx for it.

chronika (spelling?) is only showing herself now because of raiden. she never had to interfere before
__________________
No...but I'd probably have an unsightly face, judging by your face.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 22:50   #109
Kirishima
Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 432
Default

@heartache

The idea of an alternate Kitana came from the games reveal trailer where there were 2 Scorpions, the current present one and one from the past when he was still a revenant/wraith. In the end, whatever I'm saying is all still just speculation at this point.

Also, I thought tomee was referring to intro dialogue between Jade and Baraka. I didn't see whether it was revenant Jade or living Jade.

Last edited by Kirishima; 17-02-19 at 22:54.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-19, 08:15   #110
Heartache
Professor
 
Heartache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
@heartache

The idea of an alternate Kitana came from the games reveal trailer where there were 2 Scorpions, the current present one and one from the past when he was still a revenant/wraith. In the end, whatever I'm saying is all still just speculation at this point.

Also, I thought tomee was referring to intro dialogue between Jade and Baraka. I didn't see whether it was revenant Jade or living Jade.
i understood the idea of alternate characters since they were already showing two lui kangs and two kung laos in one of the trailers.

what i tried to explain is that khanum kitana is the same kitana we saw in MKX since the ending showed her as empress of outworld. if we see a second kitana it will probably be a human kitana from an alternate timeline, not the other way around
__________________
No...but I'd probably have an unsightly face, judging by your face.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.