Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 13-05-21, 12:03   #1
Greenapple968

Question Is TRF More Fun When You Use It In Places Where You Shouldn't?

Most of us probably use TRF the most when we're at home. After all, that's probably where our computers are. However, some of us use TRF in places where we shouldn't; using it at school, work, etc. When I was in education, I used TRF in Sixth Form, even though I wasn't meant to. When I think back, I would say that I enjoyed using TRF in Sixth Form more than when I used it at home. This gets me wondering if it's more fun to use TRF in places where you shouldn't? Perhaps there are people here with relevant experiences who might be able to comment?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:13   #2
HarleyCroft

When I'm bored at work and the boss isn't looking you bet your sweet ass I check TRF for updates
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:14   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
When I'm bored at work and the boss isn't looking you bet your sweet ass I check TRF for updates
Is TRF more fun when you use it at work as opposed to when you use it at home?
Old 13-05-21, 12:17   #4
DVDSpike

I used to TRF at school a lot. But I don't really use it nearly as often as I used to nor do I feel any impulse to check it when I'm already occupied.

Being on this site is just a habit now really. It's the first thing that comes up when I type "t" in the address bar.

I wouldn't say it's more fun in one place over another.
DVDSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:22   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
I used to TRF at school a lot. But I don't really use it nearly as often as I used to nor do I feel any impulse to check it when I'm already occupied.

Being on this site is just a habit now really. It's the first thing that comes up when I type "t" in the address bar.

I wouldn't say it's more fun in one place over another.
Yeah, your level of activity isn't as high as it used to be. My level of activity is like a yoyo; I'll post 20 times a day for a lengthy amount of time and then I'll suddenly disappear. I only recently returned after a nine month absence.

It's a shame that you only really use this place out of habit; that would suggest that you don't enjoy it as much as you used to.

You've answered my original question by saying that you don't think you enjoy it more in one place than another place, so thank you for posting this. Maybe others who post might say differently, but we'll see.
Old 13-05-21, 14:41   #6
Quebsenuef

I would check TRF more at work but they have banned any sites that don’t use servers in the US or something like that.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 16:49   #7
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I would check TRF more at work but they have banned any sites that don’t use servers in the US or something like that.
I guess you won't be able to experiment if using TRF is more fun when you use it at places that you shouldn't. Not that I should be encouraging people to use TRF in places that they shouldn't.