www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 20-01-20, 04:29   #441
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceChild View Post
SE, not to go on a total political tangent but if she were Jewish, communist and anti fascist that would be kind of a three-way internal contradiction: communism and fascism are two branches of precisely the same philosophical tree (collectivism,) and typically both communism and fascism are virulently anti-Semitic.

For the record, I despise all things collectivist and love all things Jewish, if that helps.

But my comments relate to the stark difference between the original LC's appearance and personality vs. the LC of the present-day production crew - which difference, I maintain, is clearly motivated by external politics, something irrelevant that's been allowed to intrude into the TR production to negative effect. Politics are the causal factor, but the issue here is not that erroneous belief set, but what what its intrusion has done to the LC character.
I was kidding... but thanks for the political lecture and opinion, I guess.

But hey... a couple of politics in your comment. Gimme them shots!

Gamers these days like to use that word so lightly. Please, stop, it's not gonna make you look superior or smarter, only pressed. Reboot's Lara idea is fine, her execution is poor and SE doesn't give a damn about politics and you can check that on their recent games. If they really wanted to go that way they'd show it better.

Stop oversimplying new Lara's poor development as just politics. The reasons why she's bad are more than that. Let's go deep and stop using the same argument as every 13 kid from pewdiepiesubmissions.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 20-01-20 at 04:33.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 04:33   #442
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
そらさかいーさん、'responding to post #315 from yesterday - https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=315 - so no worries.
I feel like youre just bringing up SJW rhetoric that doesnt exist, arguing with yourself over nothing.

Which is, in my opinion, just as (if not, more) annoying than SJWs.
Old 20-01-20, 05:22   #443
SpaceChild
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Stop oversimplying[sic] new Lara's poor development as just politics. The reasons why she's bad are more than that. .
... Which means you ignored what I said and are talking right past me. But I suppose shots will do that.

But yeah, politics bores me too. Meanwhile, I've got tomorrow off so I'm gonna go for a little ice-cold Yaekagi Nigori here. So kampai!
SpaceChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 05:40   #444
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

Quote:
... Which means you ignored what I said and are talking right past me. But I suppose shots will do that.

But yeah, politics bores me too. Meanwhile, I've got tomorrow off so I'm gonna go for a little ice-cold Yaekagi Nigori here. So kampai!
You basically reduced everything about Lara's characterization to just politics, the rest was just pretentious wording.

I don't know what that yagaki is, I hope it's not salty.
Old 20-01-20, 05:46   #445
SpaceChild
Student

I'll just refer you to the preceding. And if you want to talk about "pretentious wording," you might want to investigate the concept of "projection" vis--vis your last few posts here. You've basically reduced an attempt at serious discussion into your own attempt at a flame war.

'Not fighting, sorry.

Now, time for that drink, and maybe some House Season 3 ('catching up...)
SpaceChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 06:07   #446
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

Quote:
I'll just refer you to the preceding. And if you want to talk about "pretentious wording," you might want to investigate the concept of "projection" vis--vis your last few posts here. You've basically reduced an attempt at serious discussion into your own attempt at a flame war.

'Not fighting, sorry.

Now, time for that drink, and maybe some House Season 3 ('catching up...)
You've insulted a group of people and called their ideology 'moronic'. If you bring war, then expect war. I'm not sitting here while you disrespect us this way and I've never done it since I'm here so you can drink that too.

My posts are not pretentious, girl don't compare My wording is not focused on looking as smart as possible and let everyone see I know and I've done things.
Old 20-01-20, 06:15   #447
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
You've insulted a group of people and called their ideology 'moronic'.
And who really cares, SJWs and Political Correctness is moronic. They are mostly a cult following of individuals with a skewed sense of justice and right and wrong.

Reboot Lara does seem influenced, by this hive-mindedness and thus people call it out.

Anyway, can we end this reboot vs classic debate? This thread is supposed to be about people signing for wanting classic Lara back.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-01-20 at 06:16.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 06:23   #448
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
And who really cares, SJWs and Political Correctness is moronic. They are mostly a cult following of individuals with a skewed sense of justice and right and wrong.

Reboot Lara does seem influenced, by this hive-mindedness and thus people call it out.

Anyway, can we end this reboot vs classic debate? This thread is supposed to be about people signing for wanting classic Lara back.
I care.

Hive-mindedness? Anti-sjws think they are SOOOOOOO different than sjws when they behave in the same way and also share the same hive-mind complex, so don't think y'all are special cuz you aren't.

This is TRF and here we live the Classic vs Reboot drama or we die. It's our oxygen.
Old 20-01-20, 06:30   #449
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
This is TRF and here we live the Classic vs Reboot drama or we die. It's our oxygen.
Unless we pulled the plug on it.

Anyway if you want to debate about SJW and political correctness feel free to create a thread about it in general chat or the debate section. Plenty of folks wouldn't mind having that debate.

EDIT

And this is not me trying to mini mod or tell you want to do, it's just a friendly suggestion from one who would like to see this thread get back on track.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-01-20 at 06:31.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 07:29   #450
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
I care.

Hive-mindedness? Anti-sjws think they are SOOOOOOO different than sjws when they behave in the same way and also share the same hive-mind complex, so don't think y'all are special cuz you aren't.

You gotta love how unaware the anti PC crowd are. When they’re literally the living embodiments of what they complain about. They just stand on the immoral and overall bad side of the political (and standard living) spectrum

-

Is anyone going to do anything to give this petition a mainstream push?