Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 16-03-20, 20:21   #16061
Portugalraider

So that was more confirmation that Tomb Raider II would be shot in South Africa besides the UK. But saying the movie was cancelled still is a bit too much at this point.

First because we don't know up until the state of emergency in South Africa will last and the movie is supposed to shoot during our summer months (so late June the earliest). Hopefully this whole COVID-19 ordeal is at least under control by then, for all our sakes. Production can also start in the UK and then move to South Africa when possible, or they find another place to shoot exteriors. Or they can always delay production to until everything is under control, and possibly delay the movie as well. As I said before, late August 2021 could very well be a good new release date, since August only has Suicide Squad right at the start of the month, and there are no big movies in early September as well. Or they could use the 2021 and the anniversary as the announcement and early promotion period, and release the movie in 2022.

What I am saying, there are options MGM and Graham King can take before cancelling everything because of COVID-19.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 22:53   #16062
GeekOfComedy

Wait, who posted saying anything about cancelling?
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 23:05   #16063
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
It's not canceled but reported
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 23:50   #16064
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Pinky's post make it seem like production on Tomb Raider has been cancelled due to coronavirus. the article itself just says that Tomb Raider II was supposed to shoot on South Africa later this year, but doesn't say anything about the movie being cancelled.

And considering everything, it will probably be more of a case of either nothing happens because South Africa can still end their state of emergency before Tomb Raider II starts production anyways, or production starts in the UK and goes to South Africa when possible, or it just gets delayed like all other movies in Hollywood.
Old 17-03-20, 09:56   #16065
ccroft2003

That article is bull - they're just joining up the fact that S Africa has closed its borders to many EU countries and we're in turn expecting TR2 to shoot there.

Besides, the movie probably wasn't due to shoot for another 3-4 months anyway and I'm sure any travel restrictions will be relaxed by then...
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-20, 20:50   #16066
Ellioft

I have found something new about TR

This is an alternative fight between Vogel and Lara who take place outside Himiko's tomb in an helicopter

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ouYL2Gc0OnLoDu
Old 18-03-20, 21:08   #16067
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I have found something new about TR

This is an alternative fight between Vogel and Lara who take place outside Himiko's tomb in an helicopter

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ouYL2Gc0OnLoDu
OMG! How did you find that?

I prefer the original ending. That scene is very Mission Impossible!
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-20, 21:15   #16068
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
OMG! How did you find that?

I prefer the original ending. That scene is very Mission Impossible!
It was by accident I was looking for a storyboard from the first LC TR movie but there isn't much on the internet I'm afraid...
Old 18-03-20, 21:57   #16069
TrustyBow

That's amazing. Definitely over the top but I would've taken it over what we got. The fight in the movie was pretty underwhelming.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-20, 22:46   #16070
Portugalraider

That's a great finding!

I can see why they change it though, even from a story perspective: not only makes more sense for the franchise to have the final battle inside the tomb, but it also means that Lara would need yet another helicopter to escape, since that one crashes in the ocean. Meaning the second helicopter would feel even more of a Deus Ex Machina than the one in the final movie did.