Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 08-12-21, 18:23   #151
Raider8

So I've been on a replay of this game and I have to say, this game, as much as it's criticized negatively, it does have some great things to appreciate and like that many other games couldn't manage to offer. My focus is Lara's character as well as the gameplay.

- The Mediterranean Sea level is a really cool level aesthetically and the underwater life is implemented very nicely. Lara's ability to use duals even inside water seemed so fun. Also her ability to sprint swim, grab object and swim while taking it to workout a puzzle underwater was very refreshing and unique element added to this game.

- Lara's acrobatic moves are just awesome in this game. I also enjoy the roll move in this game more than the previous ones. There's no doubt Lara was at her peak of capabilities in this game. She could cartwheel on beams, do side flips after wallruns, do quick handstands etc. I really really enjoyed every little move and detail that was optional but fun to do so.

- Lara had all her abilities from Legend and Anniversary as well as new and improved moves and mechanics as well. She could perch on posts, climb posts, stand on thin vertical bars and balance on them. She also gave the player more control over traversal, she could hang and stay on corners of ledges, jump sideways whenever shimmying or rock climbing, stand on ledges in some cases, perform chimney jumps (which is miles miles better than the double jump in reboot games) and whatnot. I felt very much in control of the character and enjoyed it all.

- Honorary mention would be Lara's state of the art Grappling gun. She could attach to hooks standing anywhere apart from just in mid air. She could just move around and manipulate the cable of her grapple arould corners and stuff allowing for better puzzles (underutilized though).

Plus there were many more things and details which Underworld Lara has that no other Lara in any TR game ever possesses. If we were to rate every TR game based on Lara's moves and gameplay mechanics, TR Underworld is on the top of the chart for me a 101%. I know it was a buggy mess too in many aspects and not as polished as Legend and Anniversary felt but it was the most comprehensive in terms of Lara's player model and moveset.

I really do hope, we get to witness the comeback of all of these moves in the next game because Reboot Lara can't do **** besides killing 1000 men with a bow and rope pulling.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-21, 19:16   #152
Samz

I found out today you can "detatch" the Camera in an odd way.

Go into the first person view with Lara's Camera (down on the D-pad) then open up the PDA.

The game will go into the "third person" camera...but Lara is invisible and you'll still have the overlay/controls of the first person camera.

You can no longer zoom in/out but you can still rotate the camera with an invisible Lara until you close the camera.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-23, 20:39   #153
Chamayoo

https://twitter.com/nicolebounxe/sta...XVTEd2Mxw&s=19

slay
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-23, 07:29   #154
RAID

I was rewatching the cutscenes from Underworld the other day and I forgot how wonderfully animated and acted they were (apart from the occasional weird facial expressions), But I have to say, the cutscenes in this game aged beautifully, which is more than I can say for the clumsy-fast-forward animations that make the game look unfinished, gameplay with lack of content - there is nothing to do after finishing the game, slow and awkward combat, and drunken camera.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-23, 20:44   #155
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
I was rewatching the cutscenes from Underworld the other day and I forgot how wonderfully animated and acted they were (apart from the occasional weird facial expressions), But I have to say, the cutscenes in this game aged beautifully, which is more than I can say for the clumsy-fast-forward animations that make the game look unfinished, gameplay with lack of content - there is nothing to do after finishing the game, slow and awkward combat, and drunken camera.
Yeah... The game that could have been..
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-23, 16:47   #156
AimlessThunder

Old 25-09-23, 05:45   #157
igor32

Is there any underworld patch/restoration?
I'm asking this because I find the original animations horrible and clunky, and in hope of someone did a better job on updating them.
igor32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-23, 10:19   #158
FanosCroft

they were doing anything with the TRU promo im giggling https://youtu.be/PmKs6K_bt60?si=90g3jJpRr-Z6vek2
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-23, 16:36   #159
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
they were doing anything with the TRU promo im giggling https://youtu.be/PmKs6K_bt60?si=90g3jJpRr-Z6vek2
Ya know it!
Old 29-09-23, 02:03   #160
xavecroft

i have a question the mansion that doppel blew up was the same of tr3 ?
because lara has two more mansion , one is the croft manor the other is aunt manor and a third
xavecroft is offline   Reply With Quote