Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 18-05-21, 19:19   #21
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
For me the hardest level was Bolivia Redux because the boss battle was arduous and took many attempts. I can't finish it unless the level is set to easy.
The final boss is actually brutal when played on Hard mode. It's really difficult to consistently get off sword beams while avoiding some in return. I think Lara can only take like two hits before she dies.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 07:59   #22
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
The final boss is actually brutal when played on Hard mode. It's really difficult to consistently get off sword beams while avoiding some in return. I think Lara can only take like two hits before she dies.
Don't you have that overpowered weapon during the final boss of Bolivia Redux? I thought it was one of the less difficult levels, although I was playing on easy.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 18:17   #23
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Don't you have that overpowered weapon during the final boss of Bolivia Redux? I thought it was one of the less difficult levels, although I was playing on easy.
It's OP against the mercenaries, but against Fluffy on hard mode, it does minimal damage. Plus it keeps regenerating its health. Easy mode causes a lot more damage, and Lara can take many hits from Fluffy, whereas Hard mode is a lot more intense. It's kind of weird, considering the rest of the game is pretty easy, even on hard mode.

The other weirdly difficult part of TRL (on hard mode) is after she parachutes off the cliff at the beginning of Kazakhstan. It's not bad if you drop to the ground and fight the mercenaries like normal, but staying on the roof and using the machine gun only is ridiculously hard.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 18:25   #24
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
It's OP against the mercenaries, but against Fluffy on hard mode, it does minimal damage. Plus it keeps regenerating its health. Easy mode causes a lot more damage, and Lara can take many hits from Fluffy, whereas Hard mode is a lot more intense. It's kind of weird, considering the rest of the game is pretty easy, even on hard mode.

The other weirdly difficult part of TRL (on hard mode) is after she parachutes off the cliff at the beginning of Kazakhstan. It's not bad if you drop to the ground and fight the mercenaries like normal, but staying on the roof and using the machine gun only is ridiculously hard.
When I played Legend, my biggest challenge was the puzzle solving and figuring out what to do. Killing the enemies wasn't much of an issue for me but I was playing on easy. With gaming in general I struggle the most with puzzle solving and have the least difficulty with fighting and killing. It would've been interesting to have seen how I would've handled the enemies on hard but I no longer own Legend or any of Crystal's Tomb Raider games.
Old 20-05-21, 12:11   #25
larafriend

I remember I played this game a lot when it came out. I played it on hard mode immediately and it was a real challenge while oding everything for the first time, especially the final battle as some of you pointed out. And being the collectible collector that I am I searched every nook and cranny for all the collectibles. And I did the time trials, 'cause I wanted to finish the game on 100%
I liked the graphics, I played it on PC and at that time I didn't have a videocard that could render the Next Gen content, even though I had a mid-range card.
I remember what I didn't like though, or what I had to get used to, was the whole different grid system. I was used to the classics that you could go almost anywhere and climb or slide off rocks, and that in Legend a lot of things seemed climbable but Lara just wouldn't
And I like the Crystal D games, but I agree with greenapple, it would never reach the height of the classics, IMHO.

Last edited by larafriend; 20-05-21 at 12:13.
larafriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-21, 12:31   #26
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafriend View Post
I remember I played this game a lot when it came out. I played it on hard mode immediately and it was a real challenge.
I thought everybody considered Legend to be a really easy game even on hard mode? I'm an exception; I played on easy and was awful at the game and had real difficulty with it.
Old 20-05-21, 14:07   #27
larafriend

Quote:
I thought everybody considered Legend to be a really easy game even on hard mode? I'm an exception; I played on easy and was awful at the game and had real difficulty with it.
Haha yeah some segments were really easy but some segments were really hard. On the top of my head: Final battle, first part of the motor parcour in Kazakhstan because the next checkpoint was really far in the parcour and everytime you die you had to do the whole parcour over again
England was one of the harder locations.
Old 20-05-21, 14:09   #28
Greenapple968

Quote:
Haha yeah some segments were really easy but some segments were really hard. On the top of my head: Final battle, first part of the motor parcour in Kazakhstan because the next checkpoint was really far in the parcour and everytime you die you had to do the whole parcour over again
England was one of the harder locations.
It's interesting that you mention England because that's the level I had the most difficulty with.
Old 20-05-21, 14:12   #29
larafriend

Quote:
It's interesting that you mention England because that's the level I had the most difficulty with.
Haha exactly, I remember the first time I had a lot of trouble with that fire section and the boss battle.
Old 20-05-21, 14:20   #30
Greenapple968

Quote:
Haha exactly, I remember the first time I had a lot of trouble with that fire section and the boss battle.
I can't remember the game very well, but I remember the boss being a real pain for me, probably the biggest pain in the game.