www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 01-08-21, 14:50   #1
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Default Back To Basic Preferred Themes

Is there a theme that Back To Basics hasn’t done that you’d love to see or something you’d love to see be given a second chance?
Old 01-08-21, 15:17   #2
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

I think I may have told you my idea but I'll post it anyway for anyone else.

It's been a while since we've had a Jungle/Forrest type of BTB with a lot of green. I think it's also been a while since we've had dinosaurs, so I'd marry the two together and have a Jurassic Park inspired BTB.

Back To Basics - The Lost World

Set on an island, you could have beaches, jungles, caves, waterfalls, rapids, laboratories, a volcano and even ancient temples in different areas. That's quite a lot of variety. It would also be a good chance to use a bike/jeep vehicle or a Kayak

Some artwork...

----

Other than that I'm not really sure.
Old 01-08-21, 15:38   #3
Caesum
Tomb Raider

BTB still lacks a proper medieval Europe theme that would scream France, Britain or medieval Poland/Germany theme. Gothic architecture, red bricks etc. TRAOD vibe.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:43   #4
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Personally I'd like to see the South Pacific. I don't believe it's been done for BTB (although Pacific levels are done a lot in general so it may not seem fresh).

London is the only TR3 location done afaik. That's scandalous.

For new, never seen before in TR locations it's better for the package builder to do a theme they are passionate for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I think it's also been a while since we've had dinosaurs, so I'd marry the two together and have a Jurassic Park inspired BTB.
What a coincidence - I've been making the Visitor Centre from JP in the LE today.

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 01-08-21 at 16:52.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:51   #5
Ruu11
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
BTB still lacks a proper medieval Europe theme that would scream France, Britain or medieval Poland/Germany theme. Gothic architecture, red bricks etc. TRAOD vibe.
^ THIS.

We need AoD themed BackToBasics so baaad

I would also love a BtB with horror/mystery vibes.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 17:29   #6
BlackWolftr
Historian

From some months I really want to see Wild West themed BtB. It's such a great theme with a lot of potential to create some great levels + there are only few levels in that theme.
And also as others said some medieval BtB would be great.
Egypt BtB would be good too. There are like 500+ Egypt levels but half of them are bad with usage of only original textures and wads. I would love to see some new Egypt textures and wad.
Also on my personal thoughts...
I suspect that next theme of BtB can be BtB - Pirates because two months ago there was added new class on trle.net called "Pirates".
It appeared like from nowhere and I doubt Michael just added it for fun lol
Idk that's just my thoughts.
Old 01-08-21, 17:41   #7
croftyboy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
It's been a while since we've had a Jungle/Forrest type of BTB with a lot of green. I think it's also been a while since we've had dinosaurs, so I'd marry the two together and have a Jurassic Park inspired BTB.

Back To Basics - The Lost World

Set on an island, you could have beaches, jungles, caves, waterfalls, rapids, laboratories, a volcano and even ancient temples in different areas. That's quite a lot of variety. It would also be a good chance to use a bike/jeep vehicle or a Kayak
This is exactly what my favourite TR levels look/feel like. I really like long lost and forgotten, overgrown jungles and tropics with prehistoric creatures. Ancient but technoloical mecanisms, temples... Sort of like Isu sites in AC series. And obviously no tropic jungle is complete without a research base in the middle of it
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 18:58   #8
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
Personally I'd like to see the South Pacific. I don't believe it's been done for BTB (although Pacific levels are done a lot in general so it may not seem fresh).

London is the only TR3 location done afaik. That's scandalous.

For new, never seen before in TR locations it's better for the package builder to do a theme they are passionate for.

What a coincidence - I've been making the Visitor Centre from JP in the LE today.
Nice! That must be fun to build! I think your South Pacific idea can blend into this Jurassic Lost World idea as it'll share a lot of assets & themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
This is exactly what my favourite TR levels look/feel like. I really like long lost and forgotten, overgrown jungles and tropics with prehistoric creatures. Ancient but technoloical mecanisms, temples... Sort of like Isu sites in AC series. And obviously no tropic jungle is complete without a research base in the middle of it
Yeah I love a jungle and it's been a while since we've had one.

A Egypt one would be good too as like BlackWolftr said, there isn't that much available for Egypt currently that is more HQ and still colourful. However since we've had Sandy environments in Greece and Persia not too long ago I think it's a little too early for that still.

A wildwest one would be good too, but like the Egypt theme, it's a little too early for the sandy/desert theme I think.

Nevada could be good, but again it's another dessert theme

Medieval could be good too.
Old 01-08-21, 19:42   #9
Feder
Historian

A Pirate themed BTB would be great

You can have pirate towns/villages, coastal fortress, ships and shipwrecks, deep sea diving, lost treasures, jungles, temples, native curses, unexplored islands.

It could blend with the South Pacific setting also.

Wild West is another good idea, taking Lara to where she hasn't been before.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 22:45   #10
matrix54
Tomb Raider

I’d love to see something on the spookier side of things. I thought Ireland would have been a great selection, or something in a forest or big castles.

However, I fear many players wouldn’t want to play that out of fear.