www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 29-11-21, 17:48   #411
Valentino
Archaeologist

Ughhhhh cringe. No ones talking like they know how a game should be made. I love that assets are reused! By all means! An easy development cycle is fantastic! Everything pointed out though hasnít really been addressed. Crystal are really quite frivolous with their reuse. And like itís been known, it stands out. Use the same assets! But build on top and evolve then maybe? Like Iím all for defending Crystal. But no ones really explaining anything to me. Itís just tired comments about who knows how games work and what not.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 18:01   #412
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Nah but in all seriousness, you all talking about animations couldn't make it more obvious that you have no idea how game development works.
The irony.

Quote:
Animations are super hard to make and tend to get reused often, as a result. Naughty Dog and Sony's animations are only so good because they put a crap ton amount of time into it, which is why you usually hear about their studios having to crunch.
So how come LAU have plenty of different/updated animations and were released yearly?

I'm not saying everything needs to be new. I'm talking about specific bad animations from the reboot which she shouldn't have in the 3rd installment. These could have been improved.

Quote:
Excusing the classics for reusing animations by saying that Lara was at her peak might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. At least be consistent with your criticism.
That's a shame you didn't understand my point then
Old 29-11-21, 18:20   #413
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
But no ones really explaining anything to me. It’s just tired comments about who knows how games work and what not.
Too bad. Do your own research if you're concerned.

Quote:
So how come LAU have plenty of different/updated animations and were released yearly?
Much shorter and less ambitious games. More cartoony graphics. Nowhere near the amount of gameplay depth as the reboot, meaning more time for animations.

Have you actually played these games because the answer to your own question seems obvious.
Old 29-11-21, 18:29   #414
malferink
Archaeologist

Quote:
Too bad. Do your own research if you're concerned.

Much shorter and less ambitious games. More cartoony graphics. Nowhere near the amount of gameplay depth as the reboot, meaning more time for animations.

Have you actually played these games because the answer to your own question seems obvious.
Why are you even attacking Valentino? He's literally agreeing with you. no need to be such a bitch about it
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 18:37   #415
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Why are you even attacking Valentino? He's literally agreeing with you. no need to be such a bitch about it
Im sure they're happy to see you fighting their battles for them.

Wasn't trying to be a bitch @Valentino. I respect Chloe way too much to do that.
Old 29-11-21, 18:40   #416
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Ughhhhh cringe. No ones talking like they know how a game should be made. I love that assets are reused! By all means! An easy development cycle is fantastic! Everything pointed out though hasnít really been addressed. Crystal are really quite frivolous with their reuse. And like itís been known, it stands out. Use the same assets! But build on top and evolve then maybe? Like Iím all for defending Crystal. But no ones really explaining anything to me. Itís just tired comments about who knows how games work and what not.
It's only that noticeable because this freaking fanbase has the weird obcession of scrutinizing everything CD does so they can complain about it afterwards.

Like seriously! The only thing is actually really noticeable and weird that is being reused is in RotTR right at the beginning of Syria, where they reuse the exact animations beat to bit from TR2013 of injured Lara falling down and noticing something ahead of her.

Everything else? Unless you are really looking you will never notice some building in both TR2013 and RotTR have the same layout, because they look and are used in different ways. Unless you are looking for changes in the animations you wouldn't be noticing they are the same. And of course they are the same! They are for the same character and by a studio who doesn't have the luxury of remaking literally every single asset just because.

Like seriously, come on. This is not new! Even Core reused assets! I don't know why this is such a topic. Are we really complaining that a company works smart? What's the problem here?
Old 29-11-21, 19:06   #417
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Updates from the community stream so far

The Holidays have messed up the schedule for interviews and content, CD will be mostly out of the office until January.

The Shadow stream will likely be the first week of January

THE AOD ART HAS ARRIVED, IT'S IN GOLD LEAF
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 19:34   #418
tlr online
Administrator

Thanks for the updates, please keep them coming.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 20:20   #419
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Meagan has joined!

Both Lara Croft games will get their own streams in January, one mid month and one at the end. The devs and Meagan may be playing

There may be just chatting streams next year because the Cms enjoy the interaction w/ the community!
Old 29-11-21, 20:58   #420
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Will Kearslake has joined!

The opening was supposed to be the jeep with an on the rails segment but that wasn't a natural tutorial level so the Avalanche was used instead

The Hagia Sophia was used as a reference for the cathedral