www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-12-21, 10:06   #3581
Garrett_thief
Hobbyist

Finished a speed run of Legend the other day. Have to say that the freely rotating camera still pi$$es me off.

Think I'll take a break from TR and do a run of either Thief Gold or The Saboteur next.
Garrett_thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-21, 22:29   #3582
Lukaon
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Marson View Post
Gta5. I'm conflicted... I feel like this game misses one big final level, or a couple more targets or a few more mission stories... but this server fixes everything just fine
If GTAV had been more fully devoted to being either a comedy or a drama, its narrative may have been more successful. As it is, the most fun to be had in the game comes almost entirely from the moments when the player breaks away from the mission structure and enjoys the world without worrying about the context of its plot, my opinion.

Last edited by Lukaon; 01-01-22 at 18:42.
Lukaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 23:02   #3583
rewak
Professor

Ikenie no Yoru aka Night of Sacrifice

This is the type of game I'd call a hidden gem, released exclusively in Japan for the Wii but an English translation patch is available. It's a survival horror game developed by Square Enix and published by Marvellous, why it didn't get a Western release is beyond me because it actually made really good use of the Wii in ways other games didn't. You have to avoid ghosts whilst exploring haunted locations solving puzzles, simple enough gameplay loop with a decent enough story tying it together. The gimmick here is it uses the balance board, to walk you have to walk in place on the board, and to run away from ghosts you have to run on the board. Such a simple mechanic that adds a lot to immersion! Scares hit harder because you actually have to physically react and move to run away so you are genuinely out of breath and getting your heart pumping playing it. You can play it without the balance board if you want but it was a really cool idea at making use of what the Wii peripherals could offer. I think after The Grudge and Calling flopped publishers just turned off their radar to horror on the Wii being viable, which is a damn shame because this could have actually made a few waves if it got more attention.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 00:30   #3584
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Just finished Dragon Age Origins with the Dwarf Noble. Using a sword and shield warrior this time. Bad thing is the game closed to desk top in the epilogue. The warrior is my least favorite class in the game. But with the right armor and skills, they are hard to kill. I still favor the mage. Now if only I can finish Inquisition.
Old 12-01-22, 00:51   #3585
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

It Takes Two. Amazing game.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 07:23   #3586
PS3_Gamer
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
It Takes Two. Amazing game.
Just started this with a friend tonight, played for about 2 hours so far. And I couldh't agree more, this game is fantastic!
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 09:04   #3587
ANoDE
Golden

Yeah, playing also at the moment.
It has so many (more or less subtle) references to other games, it's amazing.
Old 15-01-22, 04:04   #3588
PS3_Gamer
Historian

We just got to the 3rd chapter. This game is wonderful but I must say this: Non players and beginners in gaming might have a hard time in some sections!
Old 15-01-22, 22:35   #3589
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Yeah, playing also at the moment.
It has so many (more or less subtle) references to other games, it's amazing.
Just finished it (It takes Two).
It was a very cute game, with fun mechanics (borrowed from a ton of other games), a sweet story and enjoyable challenges. If you have someone to play it with - a definite recommendation.
Old Yesterday, 08:23   #3590
PS3_Gamer
Historian

I'm up to chapter 6 in It Takes Two, there are 9 chapters total. Really me and my friend have nothing to say but good things about this game! It's a gem!