Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 01-12-13, 20:37   #101
GameGlitcher77

Cool Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikiloco View Post
how are you placing those objects?, any chance you place badies first and later pyramids ai objects?,

The only way the engine knows which pyramid belong to which bady is to look which pyramids where placed inmediatly after the bady.

The first pyramid ai is placed in the same sector as the bady, however it is important the correlative order in which you place those objects in the map: in the table list they have to be linked. First place the bady, then the first pyramid in the same sector, then more pyramid if needed, then another bady then the first pyramid for that bady in that sector and so on.

Be sure not to delete or insert those objects after they are placed, if so you will have to delete the bady and his pyramids and start over.
I did in that order and the first baddy works correctly but the other one's afterwards get screwed up...
Putting down zones improved this but not by much

I also noticed sophia does this as well... specifically the problem seems to lie with the 'ai patrol' and the 'ai ambush' nullmeshes

Last edited by GameGlitcher77; 01-12-13 at 20:49.
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 04:13   #102
Fiamma Patrick

I need help I can only build one room levels because I can't link rooms I click the make room on the toolbar on top but it doesn't do anything it says the select sectors but I can't do that please help!
Fiamma Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-17, 17:04   #103
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma Patrick View Post
I need help I can only build one room levels because I can't link rooms I click the make room on the toolbar on top but it doesn't do anything it says the select sectors but I can't do that please help!
It's in the manual.... But well, to join a room with another you have to:
- Make sure the neighbor is the correct room number.
- Align them so they are right next to the other. You can use the 2D Grid view to move them, then in normal view use the controls below the room list to fine-tune the position.
- Select the sector/s where you want to connect the rooms with ctrl+shift+left click ( out of select mode ). You can click and drag to select more than one.
- Click on "Door" button on the 2D Grid section of the interface.

Last edited by Danath; 20-07-17 at 17:32.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-17, 13:25   #104
thewolf
Golden

Hello ,
I'm new here and I have some questions about this Level Editor.
I hope someone can help me here. I'd like to build my own TR2 Levels with this Editor. Some links seem to be broken due the time... So I downloaded the Editor from this site https://www.aspidetr.com/en/news/201...-turbo-pascal/ Now to my questions:
1.Like the Manual said I dowloaded a demo of TR2. I dont have a CD of the original for PC only for PS1 . Do I need a CD?
2.I can only open the demo.trl ,that was already included in the DXTRE3D. How can I open the TR2 demo with the DXTRE3D, so that I can use TR2 engine?Cant find textures in this demo or .trl files
3.I can't play what I created , as soon as I open my own file an error ocurs and say: cant load script
4.What else do I need ?(with download links)
5.I have Windows 8 , is it even possible?

I already read the Manual but there a some things I dont understand.
Please help me

Thanks
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-17, 19:49   #105
Danath

Smile

Welcome to the forums, thewolf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Hello ,
I'd like to build my own TR2 Levels with this Editor. Some links seem to be broken due the time... So I downloaded the Editor from this site
That version of Dxtre3D is outdated, please use this one, Rev.2L, which is the latest version that was built:
https://www.aspidetr.com/en/tools/dx...3d-2-0-rev-2l/

Quote:
Like the Manual said I dowloaded a demo of TR2. I dont have a CD of the original for PC only for PS1 . Do I need a CD?
You don't need a CD to play any levels you build with Dxtre if you use the "Cold War" demo engine as a base. But music only plays if you have the TR2 CD in the physical CD/DVD drive.

Quote:
I can only open the demo.trl ,that was already included in the DXTRE3D. How can I open the TR2 demo with the DXTRE3D, so that I can use TR2 engine?Cant find textures in this demo or .trl files
If you want to build using the TR2 engine first you need the Cold War demo i mentioned. You can get it here: http://tombraiders.net/stella/downloads/TR2files.html It's in the "Bonus Levels" section, the first link. There is a "Vista demo" on that same site, but i don't like it, because it has separate folders for levels 1 and 2.
That demo .exe from Stella's site will give an error when trying to run it, but you can extract the contents of the .exe using Winrar or 7zip to a folder, and then run the setup.exe inside. The demo installs and works without any problems for me on Windows 7, but it should also run on Windows 8 fine.

For building a TR2 level you need a base file in .tr2 format, that can be found in the "data" folder of the demo. That allows you to build a level using the objects from that specific level.
To get other .tr2 base levels you have to copy them from the data folder within the TR2 CD or a TR2 ISO file, they cannot be downloaded because of legal/copyright reasons.

The texture files are in .tga format. You can download texture files from TR2 levels and others here: https://www.aspidetr.com/it/textures/

To make your level playable you need the base .tr2 file and a .tga texture file loaded on the editor. Then you use the "build level" option and in the "New level" section you browse to the data folder of the demo and overwrite the first level ( make a backup first ). Then use the .exe from the demo and select new game, it will load your level.

Quote:
What else do I need ?(with download links)
What i posted is enough for making your own levels using one level from the original game as a base. There are more tools for further customizing your levels but first make sure you have everything working correctly. Then you can post here again and i will help you with that.

Quote:
5.I have Windows 8 , is it even possible?
There should be no problems as far as i know. It works on Windows 7, it should also work in 8.
Old 26-08-17, 08:53   #106
thewolf
Golden

Everything seems to work right now. I've created one room with a pool inside the middle, a switch which opens a door and activates two baddies. Water animation is working too.

Now I have two more questions:

1. How do I place platforms in mid air like here?

2.How can I create those pushable box sized floors ?Do I have to create a room and add walls to make a path?

I'd like to use these to make a long path to another room or to place an object like a key somewhere in the wall
Old 26-08-17, 13:39   #107
Titak

I do not know about the technical side of DXTRE3D, so I do not know how to to this, which rules to follow or which buttons to use, but in the case of 1, you do need to stack rooms and create portals (called doors in the TRLE) on the floor to connect to the room below, thus forming one larger room.
If you keep parts of the floors raised (or keep parts of the ceiling lowered) you'll have walkways like that.

About number 2, I'm not even sure what you mean.
If you mean creating a small corridor like that, you do indeed have to create a room and then bound it to the size you want.
Using a full-sized room and then adding walls to make the corridor can work, but might complicate things when you want to connect rooms.

Last edited by Titak; 31-08-17 at 10:52.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 19:33   #108
thewolf
Golden

Thanks for the help . I'm at the moment trying to get the underwater propeller to work, so that it rotates/moves . How do I do that?Also how can I make the propeller to cause damage to Lara?
Old 30-08-17, 22:31   #109
Danath

For the propeller to move, it needs to be activated. So you need to press the 5 activation flags in the object section. If you have already placed a propeller in the position you want, you can ctrl+left click it to select that specific object, press the 5 flags then click on replace, it will update that object so it is activated.
By default it should do damage if it is moving.
Old 01-09-17, 15:34   #110
thewolf
Golden

Yay, now the Propeller moves

But once again, I dont know further
My underwater flow doesn't work. I did it exactly like in the Manual.
First I placed the sink, then enabled the trigger group and add the do_activate trigger in the Trigger group . After that I applied sectors to this trigger. Now they are purple. In the end I added in the command list the underwater flow (1) because this is the only sink at the moment and no cameras are placed. When my level is build there is no underwater flow, whatever I try nothing works
Maybe I'm dumb