Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 15-01-20, 18:04   #951
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Would you say it looks better this way?

I do like that one better. But I do understand the whole muddy water thing you guys are going for and I support it. I was just saying that the original water is so ingrained in my brain that seeing it look any differently feels odd. I still support the muddy design either way.

The original water is just so iconic though and it shall be missed
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 18:08   #952
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I do like that one better. But I do understand the whole muddy water thing you guys are going for and I support it. I was just saying that the original water is so ingrained in my brain that seeing it look any differently feels odd. I still support the muddy design either way.

The original water is just so iconic though and it shall be missed
Thank you!
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 19:00   #953
SLAYER

So umm when can we play with the latest changes?
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 21:30   #954
charmedangelin

Wow the comparison looks like PS1 Tomb Raider vs PS2 Tomb Raider.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 23:02   #955
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Wow the comparison looks like PS1 Tomb Raider vs PS2 Tomb Raider.
I don't think the PS2 could handle those HD textures though. But I see your point.

It reminds me a lot of the Age of Empires II HD remake from 2013.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 00:06   #956
bellyache

You guys are doing great work. I love seeing all your updates. I know it’s a lot of work spending your free time doing this. A lot of us appreciate the hard work you’re doing. Thank you.
bellyache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 09:14   #957
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Would you say it looks better this way?

I seem to have missed this. I like that version a lot
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 14:20   #958
annacroft

I just got round to finally installing the mod and I'm really impressed! Fantastic work and can't wait to play with the new Lara model in the future!
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 19:58   #959
indigo1993

Quote:
Alright so I did some more work on Lara's model. It is now 100% fully final finished hehe:
- Changed the hue of Lara's shirt, added a tiny bit more green, matches the FMV model's shirt perfectly now.
- Cleanup on the shirt textures, looks very smooth and seamless now
- Removed the edge lines on the shirt, since the FMV model doesn't have them either
- Changed the diagonal holster straps on the front. They now go diagonal in front of the belt, instead of behind it, like the FMV model has.
- Made the braid a tad wider, also fixed that the braid was not square, which resulted in a weird wider/narrow/wider braid when the blocks of the braid get rotated by the wind
- Changed the shape of Lara's hair on the back of her head, the way the hair goes into the braid looks better now and also resembles the FMV model better
- Made Lara's lips a tad wider
- Changed the fringes a bit so they can be seen a little bit when viewing Lara's model from the front, instead of only when viewing her head from another angle.
- Made the eyebrows a tad darker, which is also the case on the FMV model

Phew, that was a hell a lot of work on this model. I'm glad it's done hehe

Hey there! This is my first time posting here and I literally just made my account months ago so I could follow this amazing thread. I just wanted to express how much I love the work you guys have been doing and how much I respect the immense effort you're putting into this project.
There's one little thing I'd like to nitpick, and I feel I'll come across as a little b**** for doing it because it's such a small detail, but I really hope you guys know it comes from a good place and that I mean well and only to improve one of the best games in the franchise!
I have a little issue with Lara's eyes in the final version. The bounce light that reflects from her iris is wrong. This light is the result of how our eyes most immediately reflect the light from a given light source, so the direction of this bounce light should be the same, otherwise Lara looks absent-minded or cross-eyed. I got some pictures off google to try and illustrate that better!

I also read there's been some discussion about how the water ought to look like in the river ganges, I think that making it look "dirtier" is definitely the way to go and will make it all look more believable!
I played around with the color channels on photoshop and I think I got to a result I'm pretty happy with. I'm not sure if everyone will love it, but I do think it makes the water look a lot more "muddy" and realistic, especailly with all this red mud and tree roots on the surface. the eroded soil would give it a more red/brown-ish tint, and that's what I tried to achieve.

Here's the before and after!
Before:

After:

hope you guys keep up the excellent work!

Last edited by indigo1993; 16-01-20 at 20:11. Reason: Images removed. See FAQ on posting images.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 20:21   #960
indigo1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
Hey there! This is my first time posting here and I literally just made my account months ago so I could follow this amazing thread. I just wanted to express how much I love the work you guys have been doing and how much I respect the immense effort you're putting into this project.
There's one little thing I'd like to nitpick, and I feel I'll come across as a little b**** for doing it because it's such a small detail, but I really hope you guys know it comes from a good place and that I mean well and only to improve one of the best games in the franchise!
I have a little issue with Lara's eyes in the final version. The bounce light that reflects from her iris is wrong. This light is the result of how our eyes most immediately reflect the light from a given light source, so the direction of this bounce light should be the same, otherwise Lara looks absent-minded or cross-eyed. I got some pictures off google to try and illustrate that better!

I also read there's been some discussion about how the water ought to look like in the river ganges, I think that making it look "dirtier" is definitely the way to go and will make it all look more believable!
I played around with the color channels on photoshop and I think I got to a result I'm pretty happy with. I'm not sure if everyone will love it, but I do think it makes the water look a lot more "muddy" and realistic, especailly with all this red mud and tree roots on the surface. the eroded soil would give it a more red/brown-ish tint, and that's what I tried to achieve.

Here's the before and after!
Before:

After:

hope you guys keep up the excellent work!

hm that's weird, my image links didn't work for some reason, I'll try and upload them again now:

reference photo #1:
https://imgur.com/LXXtC1y
reference photo #2:
https://imgur.com/0iUkNqZ
Lara:
https://imgur.com/ogbOSZu

now the water:
before:
https://imgur.com/nTm3Okm
after:
https://imgur.com/GRQttVN

Last edited by indigo1993; 16-01-20 at 20:37.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote