www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-07-19, 17:49   #101
JCGaming
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TR4 The Last Revelation forever
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Hey guys! I just wanted to share my Anniversary gameplay with you, and it is not the ugly PC version, but the remastered PS3 version, played in RPCS3 (PS3 emulator), in 4K.

Take a look, it looks really beautiful


link

EDIT: If someone has a 100% save for the trilogy version TRA and willing to share with me that'd be awesome!

I thought I'd update the first post: now Anniversary runs almost flawlessy in 4K 60fps. Take a look:


Underworld gameplay

It's unlisted because it's a rough cut, but anyone who is interested here can watch it, and get a glimpse of RPCS3 performance. Note that RSX (GPU) utilization is almost always at 99%. It was rendered at 2K, but uploaded at 720P because of the length, and because I was recording in windowed mode to eliminate tearing.
Meh doesn't look that much better than PS2 version.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 18:10   #102
LuckyEdge10
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
Meh doesn't look that much better than PS2 version.
please

Anniversary clearly is way better than PS2 version. Textures, lightning, framerate...

And let's not even talk about Underworld. If you say that there isn't much difference, you really never saw Underworld on PS2.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 22:12   #103
JCGaming
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TR4 The Last Revelation forever
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
please

Anniversary clearly is way better than PS2 version. Textures, lightning, framerate...

And let's not even talk about Underworld. If you say that there isn't much difference, you really never saw Underworld on PS2.
I did see Underworld on PS2 but from what I remember it had more simplified controls and the levels had been simplified as well apart from that however it was the same game and had the same story arc. When I played the XBOX 360 version however within a few levels I was to depressed to continue I've not touched it since 6 years on and am in no rush to play it again.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 23:37   #104
UroshUchiha
Student
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
it was the same game and had the same story arc.
Wat? TRU was the same game like TRA or did I misunderstand what you are trying to say?

Regardless, in this thread, we are talking about the emulation quality of the original remastered trilogy on PS3 and the quality of the visual IS improved and that's a fact.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 00:22   #105
JCGaming
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TR4 The Last Revelation forever
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Wat? TRU was the same game like TRA or did I misunderstand what you are trying to say?

Regardless, in this thread, we are talking about the emulation quality of the original remastered trilogy on PS3 and the quality of the visual IS improved and that's a fact.
I was comparing the PS2 version of Underworld to the XBOX 360 version of Underworld since "Lucky Edge" implied I hadn't encountered the PS2 version.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 00:44   #106
LuckyEdge10
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
I did see Underworld on PS2 but from what I remember it had more simplified controls and the levels had been simplified as well apart from that however it was the same game and had the same story arc. When I played the XBOX 360 version however within a few levels I was to depressed to continue I've not touched it since 6 years on and am in no rush to play it again.
Underworld on PS2 isn't simplified, it is based on an early build of the game. That's why it is so buggy, glitchy, and in general, very very BAD
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 01:17   #107
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist
 
TombRaiderTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,775
Default

I owned Underworld on PS2 first due to being impatient then bought it again on 360 and it was like playing an entire different game.
__________________
"She will live on forever in our hearts."
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 01:23   #108
JCGaming
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TR4 The Last Revelation forever
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I owned Underworld on PS2 first due to being impatient then bought it again on 360 and it was like playing an entire different game.
I don't why they made the PS2 version so poor yes the graphics were gonna be a bit worse but that's a given but they should of given us pound for pound the same game that's the very least you'd expect quite frankly.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 01:36   #109
LuckyEdge10
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
I don't why they made the PS2 version so poor yes the graphics were gonna be a bit worse but that's a given but they should of given us pound for pound the same game that's the very least you'd expect quite frankly.
As I said, Underworld on PS2 is based on an earlier build of the game. They probably did this because they were afraid the "full" game couldn't run on PS2.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 02:14   #110
JCGaming
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TR4 The Last Revelation forever
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
As I said, Underworld on PS2 is based on an earlier build of the game. They probably did this because they were afraid the "full" game couldn't run on PS2.
Yeah probably.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.