Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 25-09-21, 09:29   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow The Grenade Launcher And Rocket Launcher Only Causes Living Bodies To Explode

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQlFQcC6fR0

When you kill enemies with the Grenade Launcher or Rocket Launcher, their bodies usually blow up. As opposed to the other weapons which usually just cause the enemies to fall to the ground dead. It seems that the Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher only cause living bodies to explode. In Tomb Raider 2, I demonstrate this with the Grenade Launcher in Barkhang Monastery. In Tomb Raider 3, I demonstrate it with the Rocket Launcher in Crash Site. In Barkhang Monastery, I blasted a gunman once with the Grenade Launcher and then turned around but while keeping myself locked-on to the gunman; I didn't release action. The gunman was then killed by a monk, and I turned back around and repeatedly blasted the gunman's dead body with the Grenade Launcher but it didn't do any damage. In Crash Site, I blasted a raptor with the Rocket Launcher and turned around while keeping myself locked-on to the raptor, like with the gunman in Barkhang Monastery. The raptor was killed by a Soldier, I then turned back around and blasted the raptor's dead body with the Rocket Launcher but no damage was caused. For whatever reason the explosives in Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3 can only damage living bodies and don't do anything to dead bodies. Weird, but there you go.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-21, 09:39   #2
Mek

Core probably didn't want to allow desecration of corpses.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-21, 14:27   #3
Topixtor

I Don't know about TR3, but in TR2 it's however possible to explode the fishes/scuba divers bodies if manually aiming the grenade launcher on their floating corpses. That's because they are actually still active entities even after being beaten, I guess
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-21, 17:14   #4
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
I Don't know about TR3, but in TR2 it's however possible to explode the fishes/scuba divers bodies if manually aiming the grenade launcher on their floating corpses. That's because they are actually still active entities even after being beaten, I guess
It's the same for 3, since I've done it plenty of times. This is just an assumption, but I guess they're in a psuedo dead state so the corpses can use a floating dead animation.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote