www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 13-10-21, 13:49   #1
Joe Derivative
Hobbyist

Default Debunking myths about Lara and other interesting facts

Hi everyone!

I'm posting this with permission from the mods, who kindly agreed to let me share the following links despite my low post count. (Thanks mods!)

Out of pure curiosity, I've spent the past six months researching and fact-checking certain things about Lara. My interest for TR was rekindled after years, so I started reading a lot about it, and inevitably stumbled upon critical articles, videos, etc, which demonised Lara's body, or claimed things such as her breasts getting larger with every new game or being anatomically impossible.

That's easy to say, but as I began wondering if it was actually true, I decided to see it for myself, and I've come to the conclusion that... Well, that's the subject of a video I madeŚthe video below, whose beginning is deliberately a little cheeky, but don't let that fool you.

As you can imagine if you've watched the video, I did a lot of research, and as I said in the end, many things I found out simply didn't fit in the video. I included them in a separate post on my blog instead.

It's been a very long journey, and I would very much like feedback, impressions, and comments from the communityŚnot simply whether the video was entertaining, but any comments at all you may have on the topic.
Thanks for your attention! I look forward to your comments.

As a side note, later this week (probably tomorrow if I manage to finish touching up a few charts), I will publish the full results of the Tomb Raider survey I mentioned in the video, but as I don't want to abuse the mods' kindness, I'm not going to post that link here. If you're interested, just check out the blog later this week.
Joe Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 04:06   #2
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Nicely done!

This video actually answered a lot of questions brought on by this thread: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=225893

Your jokes made me smile and I loved the use of music in the video I will also keep your blog open on my phone to be read in the near future

Although Lara's boobs started jiggling in Angel of Darkness, not Anniversary...
Old 14-10-21, 05:17   #3
Joe Derivative
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Nicely done!
Thanks

Quote:
This video actually answered a lot of questions brought on by this thread: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=225893

Your jokes made me smile and I loved the use of music in the video I will also keep your blog open on my phone to be read in the near future
Answering questions like that and putting myths to rest was pretty much the point of the video, so I'm glad you think I accomplished that! Also it's good to know that I managed to be entertaining Speaking of the blog, with some luck, the stats will be out today.

Quote:
Although Lara's boobs started jiggling in Angel of Darkness, not Anniversary...
They did?! Ah, well, I didn't notice because, alas, I haven't played TRAOD yet (never manged to get past the first five minutes because of bugs, but hopefully the patches that are around nowadays will help), but I'm planning to. I'm currently replaying TRIII and planning to go through the whole shebang. However, if the jiggling started in TRAOD, why wasn't it there in Legend? I didn't see any, and I mean, had they jiggled in the Japan dress, the game would've been rated PG-40...
Old 14-10-21, 10:48   #4
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Loved this video, the jokes including Lara being visibly annoyed had me LAUGHING, you put alot of effort into it, this video made by day
I never really thought Laras proportions were that unrealistic, it was just uncommon, but hey, never thought we needed a 25 minute video from someone analyzising them, great job on your research! <3
Old 14-10-21, 13:13   #5
Joe Derivative
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Loved this video, the jokes including Lara being visibly annoyed had me LAUGHING, you put alot of effort into it, this video made by day
I never really thought Laras proportions were that unrealistic, it was just uncommon, but hey, never thought we needed a 25 minute video from someone analyzising them, great job on your research! <3
Thanks I really had no idea whether Lara's proportions were fine or not before doing this. I first encountered TR games when I was a teen and I don't remember what I thought about this issue, if anything, back then. However, when I picked up the classics again this year, I distinctly remember being struck by just how incredibly thin her waist was. That's when I started thinking that maybe the boobs were fine and the waist was the problem, and that's how it all began...