www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 14-10-21, 16:58   #231
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
I first saw it in a fan video but it's also in Megan's anniversary book.
Nobody from TR1 and 2 came back to work on TR4 who wasnít already working on TR3.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 17:09   #232
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Nobody from TR1 and 2 came back to work on TR4 who wasn’t already working on TR3.
On page 35 it says, confirmed by Jeremy Heath-Smith himself, that they wanted more time to evolve the franchise for the next game but both corporate and fan demand was huge so they let the veterans work on Last Revelation while bringing in new people to do TRIII.

It also says that Heather left for the reasons mentioned above.

Then there's a bunch of names, some are said to have been hired for TRIII but some had already worked on the previous two games.

Obviously, TRIII's team weren't all rookies, but what they're saying is that a lot of people were hired for TRIII so that the others could focus more on Last Revelation. I'm assuming there would also be some overlap and some people would have worked on both games, especially after publishing TRIII, the entire team would have logically moved on to LR.
Old 14-10-21, 17:22   #233
.snake.
Archaeologist

Cool thank you. I just never saw any of the names from TR1&2 in the credits for TR4 - except Richard Morton and the Smith brothers. But the Smith brothers didnít actually build anything.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 17:24   #234
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Cool thank you. I just never saw any of the names from TR1&2 in the credits for TR4 - except Richard Morton and the Smith brothers. But the Smith brothers didnít actually build anything.
I'm not 100% familiar with all key people that have worked on the franchise myself so I wasn't sure but yeah I'm assuming it may have been just producers or supervisors, like the Smith brothers, that carried over and not the actual programmers and crew.
Old 15-10-21, 06:51   #235
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

I'm sorry if this has been pointed out before. I skimmed over the last few pages and couldn't find anything about this, so I just assume that this is new information for y'all:

The other day I updated my Nvidia drivers and the update window showed me this:

So maybe "Tomb Raider Anniversary (2021)" just refers to Rise getting Ray Tracing and DLSS and Shadow getting DLSS (as it already has Ray Tracing) and maybe all TR games coming to Geforce Now as part of the 25th Anniversary of the franchise since currently not all of them are available for that service.
Old 15-10-21, 07:31   #236
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

Ughhhhhh why are GPUs so expeeensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now. I should have a RT30 series by now to experience those improvements, but I can't :'(
Old 15-10-21, 21:10   #237
Teeth
Archaeologist

If it were something that mundane I think they would have told us by now. Their silence on the matter speaks volumes.

Also, the leak mentions Crysis 4, it doesn't say "Crysis Anniversary (2021 lol actually just new shaders for Crysis 2 and 3 remastered)"
Teeth is online now   Reply With Quote