www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 17-10-21, 10:10   #711
Bio_Cell
Hobbyist

Very good work! Thank you @reborn, the changes are awesome

Only two things:
1) the "I'm not strong enough" line in the Strahov Fortress (when Lara has to move two crate to reach the valve) is no longer working.

2) just my curiosity: why did you place outside the line of a male intruder instead of the camera/control room in the next area as someone suggested?
Bio_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 14:40   #712
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio_Cell View Post

2) just my curiosity: why did you place outside the line of a male intruder instead of the camera/control room in the next area as someone suggested?
I think it's because the line could be played even if the guard saying it could be killed/knocked out instantly, so it would no longer make sense. By default, the camera control room guard makes a little patrol around the room so he'd probably detect you before he even finishes the line. Even if you just turned him around so he's facing the monitors, a lot of people would probably just run right in and shoot him anyway. Having it at the air duct allows the line to play completely without any of those issues.

Even though there's no radio static or anything since he's ostensibly talking on one, I just chalk it up to him being the actual one saying it. He sees Kurtis running around through one of the windows or something and alerts the other guards.

Last edited by Jathom95; 17-10-21 at 14:45.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 16:42   #713
reborninshadow
Historian

Yeah that's exactly why I placed it there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNB...ew?usp=sharing

Can anyone test this fix for the map? I want to be 100% sure that it's fixed this time before adding it into the patch download.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 21:04   #714
Jathom95
Explorer

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Haven't been at my home PC most of the day.

As far as I can tell - yes, it's now functioning properly. I did a full save inside of Storm Drains, loaded it back up, no problems there. Then reloaded my quicksave inside of Rennes', did the whole sequence again, and quicksaved once Storm Drains loaded up. Loaded up that save, still no issue. And for good measure I completed the level all the way to Louvre Galleries and still no issues that I can tell.
Old 18-10-21, 00:20   #715
Jathom95
Explorer

By the way, that was a nice workaround with the newly added Louvre guard. I think it's fine as-is, but if you wanted to make the level design look more cohesive you could move the crates and possibly the shelf so they're blocking the door frame (I'm assuming that would be possible with the tweaks you've made in Parisian Backstreets and Monstrum Crime Scene.)

That sounds a little odd I know, but I've seen that sort of thing before irl. Doors are often taken off the hinge for items that are potentially too big to push through the frame otherwise. Since there's nothing in that room anyway, having them at the entrance would just look like they're planning to move all of that in there and just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 18-10-21, 13:34   #716
reborninshadow
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
By the way, that was a nice workaround with the newly added Louvre guard. I think it's fine as-is, but if you wanted to make the level design look more cohesive you could move the crates and possibly the shelf so they're blocking the door frame (I'm assuming that would be possible with the tweaks you've made in Parisian Backstreets and Monstrum Crime Scene.)

That sounds a little odd I know, but I've seen that sort of thing before irl. Doors are often taken off the hinge for items that are potentially too big to push through the frame otherwise. Since there's nothing in that room anyway, having them at the entrance would just look like they're planning to move all of that in there and just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Adding them may be doable but the real issue is that they would probably have no collision.

I'll add the map fix to the main download when I get the chance. I should also mention that I will be quite busy for the next 2 weeks so don't expect much during this time. The next thing I'll work on will be attempting to do a workaround to get the handcuffs to show up during that cutscene in the crime scene.
Old 18-10-21, 14:18   #717
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I'll add the map fix to the main download when I get the chance. I should also mention that I will be quite busy for the next 2 weeks so don't expect much during this time.
It's all good. Take all the time you need for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
The next thing I'll work on will be attempting to do a workaround to get the handcuffs to show up during that cutscene in the crime scene.
Interesting. What's the proposed workaround for the handcuffs?

Last edited by Jathom95; 18-10-21 at 14:21.
Old 18-10-21, 14:54   #718
reborninshadow
Historian

Basically I'm going to try making the game load the cutscene first and then load to the other zone since the handcuffs are visible if you're not in that zone.
Old 18-10-21, 16:18   #719
Jathom95
Explorer

That's really clever! I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work since the cutscene can already activate in that zone by no-clipping through the door.

Last edited by Jathom95; 18-10-21 at 16:24.
Old 19-10-21, 02:53   #720
Jathom95
Explorer

Sorry for the delay in getting these to you, but here's some links to screenshots of the Strahov ladder issue I mentioned earlier. It's the one on the right.

https://i.imgur.com/uyaB2fe.png

This one's a bit closer. Don't know if you can see it or not, but from the looks of it, it seems like the ladder is too far back into the catwalk. Like physically clipping into it. That might be part of the reason it's difficult to grab hold of it.

https://i.imgur.com/iwaYMbd.png

Last edited by Jathom95; 19-10-21 at 13:16.