Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 31-01-19, 19:06   #11
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I kinda liked it. But I was disappointed that it didn't really follow the game's story - just some plot points were the same - but I'm not even sure if the comic's creative team was in touch with the game's team in order to make a closer story.
It is possible that they weren’t in touch with the game’s team to make a closer story. That would make sense. But again, I don’t hate it, I just wish it turned out better.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 07:20   #12
Zsott

True, yet they have acknowledged some moments , some characters too.

I was thinking, if the comics are canon in their universe?

In the witchblade crossovers was stated, Sara is a friend of Lara.
Now, in the comics are happened in the same universe, then there's a little problem.
In those crossovers Lara dies. Like, DED. (Carvier pun intended) Also, in the last Top Cow comics is revealed, Lara not dead, in fact she's immortal.(eternal youth)
Even that, goes against Lara's beliefs, since she said herself, being immortal is boring...

Or in the comics there are separate universes?

(Gosh, I just love these comics!)
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 12:16   #13
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
True, yet they have acknowledged some moments , some characters too.

I was thinking, if the comics are canon in their universe?

In the witchblade crossovers was stated, Sara is a friend of Lara.
Now, in the comics are happened in the same universe, then there's a little problem.
In those crossovers Lara dies. Like, DED. (Carvier pun intended) Also, in the last Top Cow comics is revealed, Lara not dead, in fact she's immortal.(eternal youth)
Even that, goes against Lara's beliefs, since she said herself, being immortal is boring...

Or in the comics there are separate universes?

(Gosh, I just love these comics!)
It's true that Lara dies in one of the crossovers with Witchblade (Endgame I think it was called), but this crossover is followed by a 3 issue story arc in the TR series - Chains of the Colossi - Abyss - that deals with the aftermath of this, with Lara in the Egyptian underworld, and ends with her coming back from the dead. So there's no contradiction there.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 12:48   #14
Zsott

I remember those...but I don't know, how I didn't made the connection...oh well, then I said anything.
Old 05-02-19, 08:59   #15
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
It's true that Lara dies in one of the crossovers with Witchblade (Endgame I think it was called), but this crossover is followed by a 3 issue story arc in the TR series - Chains of the Colossi - Abyss - that deals with the aftermath of this, with Lara in the Egyptian underworld, and ends with her coming back from the dead. So there's no contradiction there.
I remember thinking this arc was really cool I love the idea of Lara being trapped in an egyptian underworld. Even the story was interesting.

The AOD arc was uninteresting for me.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 23:43   #16
Erikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
It is possible that they weren’t in touch with the game’s team to make a closer story. That would make sense. But again, I don’t hate it, I just wish it turned out better.
I remember reading in the Dutch version that Top Cow was allowed to make comics, but they had to keep the story mostly seperate from the games.
So maybe it was more of a rule by Core or Eidos??
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 03:11   #17
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikku View Post
I remember reading in the Dutch version that Top Cow was allowed to make comics, but they had to keep the story mostly seperate from the games.
So maybe it was more of a rule by Core or Eidos??
That’s possible. Perhaps they didn’t want the comic creators crapping all over what they did.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 13:55   #18
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
That’s possible. Perhaps they didn’t want the comic creators crapping all over what they did.
I would say it was probably more of a case of allowing them the creative freedom to do what they wanted.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 14:15   #19
Zsott

I've just finished the Black Legion saga and I keep wondering:
Is there an unreleased issue or something with Joe Notafraid?

There is a clear suggestion that they have a past, also he is in love with Lara...
Old 19-07-19, 22:19   #20
ActuallyArlow

I bought 3 of those archive compilations this year. They look beautiful stacked together I read some that I knew when I was a kid/teen but I discovered new ones like "journys". The ones in 2002/2003 artist really embraced the look of AOD lara. I had fun reading the lines in Jonell Elliots voice for once. Sadly there were only 3 issues that were actually based on AOD itself, it had Von Croy, Madimiosell Carvier & everything. It seemed like the comics were heading towards a more rated M tone and it was a really cool series.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote