www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-04-16, 20:07   #5351
Heidi_w_
Professor
 
Heidi_w_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lara's Flat
Posts: 2,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Does it matter Peeves, as long as it's Lara?
This.
__________________
Sam Nishimura's shield maiden and pillow fluffer aboard the SS Endurance
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:09   #5352
laracroft1997
Archaeologist
 
laracroft1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I sorta think Teenage Lara (TR4/Chronicles/Revisioned Pre-teen raider) are kinda more bad-ass and brave than Reboot Lara.
Young Classic Lara Went to a Cursed island in ireland
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:19   #5353
sandrine
Historian
 
sandrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
Young Classic Lara Went to a Cursed island in ireland
Did she had to endure the death of her beloved mentor , other friends , flesh blood and bones everywhere , crazy cult trying to kill her , extreme situations etc ? not to mention that Yamatai was also cursed , and in a worse way

I may not have liked her a lot in TR2013 (unlike Rise) , but I have to admit , she was brave enough . A coward fearful girl would've never done not even 5% of what Lara did on Yamatai .
sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:39   #5354
Dream
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
Young Classic Lara Went to a Cursed island in ireland
I gotta admit I love that chronicles has my country in it I loved those levels so much. Irelands pretty spoopy I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrine View Post
Did she had to endure the death of her beloved mentor , other friends , flesh blood and bones everywhere , crazy cult trying to kill her , extreme situations etc ? not to mention that Yamatai was also cursed , and in a worse way

I may not have liked her a lot in TR2013 (unlike Rise) , but I have to admit , she was brave enough . A coward fearful girl would've never done not even 5% of what Lara did on Yamatai .
Classic lara had to fight demons without any resources but her wit and atheletics. At age 16.

I respect your opinion however I disagree, I think that Classic lara is more bad ass and brave at an even younger age rather than her reboot counterpart.

Last edited by Dream; 30-04-16 at 20:41.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:42   #5355
laracroft1997
Archaeologist
 
laracroft1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrine View Post
Did she had to endure the death of her beloved mentor , other friends , flesh blood and bones everywhere , crazy cult trying to kill her , extreme situations etc ? not to mention that Yamatai was also cursed , and in a worse way

I may not have liked her a lot in TR2013 (unlike Rise) , but I have to admit , she was brave enough . A coward fearful girl would've never done not even 5% of what Lara did on Yamatai .
Well Reboot lara was older

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post


Classic lara had to fight demons without any resources but her wit and atheletics. At age 16.

I respect your opinion however I disagree, I think that Classic lara is more bad ass and brave at an even younger age rather than her reboot counterpart.

Last edited by laracroft1997; 30-04-16 at 20:44.
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:46   #5356
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider
 
Hyper_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 16,504
Default

Reboot Lara was forced into those situations, it was either that or die basically.
Teenage Lara snuck onto the boat because she is brave and a badass.

Seriously though, both Laras are brave in their own ways. I'm skipping out LAU Lara because she's a pansy...
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:58   #5357
laracroft1997
Archaeologist
 
laracroft1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,449
Default

the person who creates these memes must really hate Crystal


Last edited by laracroft1997; 30-04-16 at 21:04.
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:59   #5358
lance6439
Legend
 
lance6439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UTOPIA ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )
Posts: 27,122
Default

I remember playing the classic TRs with my older sister (she was a teenager at the time) and I was like 10. She'd say so much problematic things like "Lara is going to get raped" (when the police men in Nevada took her) followed by a chuckle. In every situation, she'd predict that Lara would get sexually harassed which is probably the root to why I dislike seeing female's in video games/movies get beaten. idk.


But yeah, I think I can relate more towards Reboot Lara but I wanna be Core Lara (including every generation of Teen Lara. Brave, fearless, bad ass, bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
Young Classic Lara Went to a Cursed island in ireland

Gotta <3 her
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 20:59   #5359
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Does it matter Peeves, as long as it's Lara?
It certainly does matter since the CD laras are not so badass and hardcore.
__________________
TR's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, 4 times level the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 21:00   #5360
sandrine
Historian
 
sandrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Reboot Lara was forced into those situations, it was either that or die basically.
Teenage Lara snuck onto the boat because she is brave and a badass.

Seriously though, both Laras are brave in their own ways. I'm skipping out LAU Lara because she's a pansy...
What does pansy mean ?
sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.