www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 08-10-14, 20:50   #891
Benjamin4792

Nearly there!

1. The textures are messed up

2. PNG's do not work as apparently it failed to load a *dll file

3. There is incredible lag

4. The camera is constantly shaking

5. I can only play the first level of TR1, if I use setgame or setlevel command the engine freezes

6. Keyboard does not correspond to characters (using spanish keyboard)
Benjamin4792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 21:22   #892
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin4792 View Post
Nearly there!

1. The textures are messed up

2. PNG's do not work as apparently it failed to load a *dll file

3. There is incredible lag

4. The camera is constantly shaking

5. I can only play the first level of TR1, if I use setgame or setlevel command the engine freezes

6. Keyboard does not correspond to characters (using spanish keyboard)
Could you capture a picture of messed up textures? Have you updated all your video card drivers?

Regards.
Old 08-10-14, 21:23   #893
Benjamin4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Could you capture a picture of messed up textures? Have you updated all your video card drivers?

Regards.
Ok, I updated all my drivers like last week. I'm not on pc at the moment so I will post a screenshot tommorow
Old 08-10-14, 21:26   #894
Lwmte
Explorer

Lag and messed up textures are most likely caused by wrong graphics option in config file. Try to turn off antialiasing or lower Z-buffer depth from 24 to 16 bit. We really need to add hardware capabilities check to get rid of these issues!

Strangely, recently I also encountered same bug, despite my config file being completely correct. The problem was in faulty combination of Intel/Nvidia display drivers (I use laptop with two video chips - Intel for 2D and Nvidia for 3D). For some reason, Intel graphics forced 3D onto itself, and it couldn't handle 8x AA specified in my config file.

P.S.: TeslaRus recently added item types, which effectively means that all pick ups are now divided into three categories: system items (passport, compass, load/save items etc.), supplies (weapons, ammo, medipacks and flares) and quest items (keys, puzzle pieces, artifacts). This way we now can divide them all in three inventory rings.

Thank you everyone for great feedback on inventory layout - I think we'll eventually end up using inventory ring combined with TR4 functionality - my favorite one is the one offered by Zebra.

Also, recently TeslaRus wrote an article about OpenTomb in very popular russian IT blog, Habrahabr - it is being read by thousands of Russian-speaking programmers, so maybe we'll get someone new on board!

Last edited by Lwmte; 08-10-14 at 21:27.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 17:56   #895
Benjamin4792

I turned all the anti-aliasing and zbuffer settings to 0 and now he engine runs fast, smooth and works like a charm. However, I cannot get the PNG's to work :/
Old 09-10-14, 20:01   #896
Lwmte
Explorer

If you're using nightly builds from OpenTomb SF page, I can only suppose that on server side, there is no define for static PNG and JPG library loading; I ran into the same issue while trying to compile engine with built-in JPG and PNG libs - I had to manually specify LOAD_JPG and LOAD_PNG defines in CodeBlocks build options.

I think that this could be solved by vobject, who maintains remote build script; let's hope he'll appear here soon.

GOOD NEWS! I did some little changes to source and scripts, so now Lara successfully picks up and uses keys! Currently, it only works for TR1 key item 1, but only thing that is need to be done to support all keys, puzzles etc. is to complete keyhole-key combination list! Here's the demo!

Old 09-10-14, 22:32   #897
Mokono
Relic Hunter

That's absolutely brilliant, well done, sir!

Btw, any chance of supporting Spanish keyboard layout in the console?
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 23:40   #898
Lwmte
Explorer

Another request to everyone here!
Latest SF repo update features new parameter for base item structure - count. Effectively, it means that each registered base item now contains additional count parameter, which will be used when Lara picks up actual item on the map.

The problem is, I just don't remember particular item counts for all supplies across all TR versions. For example, how many UZI ammo will be added to inventory, if Lara picks up one UZI clip? Or how many shotgun shells? You got the idea!

Currently, I have randomly specified item amounts - like, I set UZI clip count to 20, shotgun shells to 4, and so on - but these values are completely random! So maybe someone can spend some time and check ACTUAL amounts of pick-up supplies for each TR game version? This would be awesome!

@Mokono: Never thought of implementing foreign languages to console - I bet it's possible, but I doubt that we need it on current development stage. It may be wise to make menus and in-game text replaceable, when such things will be developed.

Last edited by Lwmte; 09-10-14 at 23:42.
Old 10-10-14, 05:38   #899
totec
Hobbyist

If I'm not wrong, it depends from game to game. In TR2 shotgun shells item give two shotgun shots, and in TR4 they give a few more, but I'm not totally sure.
totec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 06:59   #900
Lwmte
Explorer

Yes, exactly - fortunately, OpenTomb allows to register base items for different game versions independently, so we can change that. What I'm askin g for is specific amounts of ammo for each game version.

Ok, never mind, going to install all old TR games to check it out!

Last edited by Lwmte; 10-10-14 at 07:02.