www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 13-06-19, 09:30   #15611
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
No, what's utterly bizarre is being unnessesarily petty against Camilla for no reason other than trying to be funny - and using the accent slip ups as an excuse to do it. Utterly bizzare is being disrespectful to Camilla as an actress, like some do, and making petty comments. Utterly bizzare is having the inability to understand different people enjoy different stuff. You don't like her performance - that's cool. Respect the people who do, and respect her work as an actress, which got her nominated for awards. It's that simple. Your point of view, or mine, or anyone else's isn't the gospel truth. It's simply an opinion that shouldn't be dicated upon anyone who disagrees, neither you should shame anyone who like what you don't.
I think someone is getting a little oversensitive, no? As someone who is from England her pronunciation is utterly bizarre to me. No one here would pronounce it in the fashion she does, especially one from the area Lara is meant to be from. I don't think what I said was remotely disrespectful tbh. Did I say Camilla was a completely dreadful actress and should be sacked and never hired by any company ever again? No, I did not. Though, I have seen similar comments to this and you've seemingly not charged in like her knight in shining armour. Camilla does not need you to defend her, the entertainment industry is ruthless and I'm sure she's not remotely interested in what many of us think anyway.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 13-06-19 at 09:43.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 09:31   #15612
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
You know, if you didn't like the jokes and get easily offended by them, you could just ignore them and move on?
Old 13-06-19, 09:34   #15613
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
You know, if you didn't like the jokes and get easily offended by them, you could just ignore them and move on?
I wouldn't even mind, but I wasn't even making jokes and was simply adding to the conversation.
Old 13-06-19, 09:37   #15614
_Seth
Explorer

Quote:
No, what's utterly bizarre is being unnessesarily petty against Camilla for no reason other than trying to be funny - and using the accent slip ups as an excuse to do it. Utterly bizzare is being disrespectful to Camilla as an actress, like some do, and making petty comments. Utterly bizzare is having the inability to understand different people enjoy different stuff. You don't like her performance - that's cool. Respect the people who do, and respect her work as an actress, which got her nominated for awards. It's that simple. Your point of view, or mine, or anyone else's isn't the gospel truth. It's simply an opinion that shouldn't be dicated upon anyone who disagrees, neither you should shame anyone who like what you don't.
I'll be disrespectful to Camilla as an actress because she can't do a big part of the job - sound English, but I wouldn't be disrespectful about her as a person. I do respect that you enjoy her performance, that's fair enough. If anything, I envy you. I wish I didn't notice the frequent slip ups.
Old 13-06-19, 09:44   #15615
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I wouldn't even mind, but I wasn't even making jokes and was simply adding to the conversation.
Yeah I mainly meant a couple of pages ago regarding the shot taking lol which were hardly anything dramatic.
Old 13-06-19, 09:47   #15616
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I don't think what I said was remotely disrespectful tbh.
Hence why I said some people

Quote:
Did I say Camilla was a completely dreadful actress and should be sacked and never hired by any company ever again, no I did not.
Not you. Other people did in the past. And you don't need to outright say something of the kind to be disrespectful. Actions speak louder than words sometimes. Coming at her endlessly, with the simple intention to put her down, just to "be cool", is just one example.

Quote:
Though, I have seen similar comments to this and you've seemingly not charged in like her knight in shining armour. Camilla does not need you to defend her, the entertainment industry is ruthless and I'm sure she's not remotely interested in what many of us think anyway.
And why are you taking issue on me sticking up to someone I look up to? Or, wait, it's only acceptable if I come here and join the jerk circle? Is that it? Cause I'm pretty sure if I did, it would all be okay then. Double standards at their best.

You know damn well many posts in here are with the single intention to put her down/mock her/whatever out of spite, and way beyond constructive criticism. You refusing to ackowledge it only makes you complicit of that kind of behavior, nothing else. But go ahead. Don't let me be the one to call out this atittude, and reduce my concerns to overreaction. Afterall, it's ok to put someone down, whereas the opposite is blind fanboyism and White knighting

Quote:
So basically you're telling me I shouldn't express my concerns, unless I want to join the party, is that it?

Last edited by Vaskito; 13-06-19 at 09:55.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 10:07   #15617
biscuits
Professor

At the end of the day, Camilla is an actress who's work is for the public to consume. Through that alone, people WILL express their opinions on her performances, both positive and negative. It's how it is with entertainment and art when it comes to putting your work out there.

I also don't think Camilla needs defending from anyone. Like Linoshi said, she's in a tough industry that requires thick skin. Anonymous comments from the internet shouldn't bother her at all.

I don't know why people should expect decent behaviour from users on the internet. Everyone ends up getting the manners of a rotted tree stump. That's par the course. I highly doubt most users around here conduct themselves in real life the same way they do in the forums here
Old 13-06-19, 10:13   #15618
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I don't know why people should expect decent behaviour from users on the internet.
You're right. My fault.

To everyone concerned, please accept my apologies. I should've know better. I'm still learning by heart. Please continue.
Old 13-06-19, 10:35   #15619
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
So basically you're telling me I shouldn't express my concerns, unless I want to join the party, is that it?
Nope. We all know you love Camilla and defend her endlessly, so it just seems like your policing comments that you find too easily offensive even if it's a joke and call it "petty".

Quote:
You're right. My fault.

To everyone concerned, please accept my apologies. I should've know better. I'm still learning by heart. Please continue.
No worries!
Old 13-06-19, 10:53   #15620
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Nope. We all know you love Camilla and defend her endlessly, so it just seems like your policing comments that you find too easily offensive even if it's a joke and call it "petty". !
Policing? I've commented on this once, and by the way, originally with a counter-joke. You shouldn't read only what's convenient to you to use as a tool against me