www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 20-07-19, 21:45   #16591
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
When did you first play Tomb Raider: Anniversary?
On release. PSP version. Having been a die hard TR1 fan for a decade by then I wasn't overly impressed at first, particularly because so many areas I was eager to experience in better graphics had either been dropped or altered beyond recognition. Still, I found parts of it enjoyable.
In the years that have passed since then it's a game that has grown on me on subsequent playthroughs. In fact I'm currently replaying Anniversary right now (PC).
Old 20-07-19, 21:52   #16592
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider
Release day in 2007. I played it the whole day and finished it at 1 in the morning - would’ve probably finished it earlier had I not taken a break when I reached a puzzle in St. Francis Folly I thought was bugged (it wasn’t, I’m just dumb).

Good times.
Old 21-07-19, 00:11   #16593
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I pre-ordered the PS2 version online, and it arrived two days before release.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 00:33   #16594
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Regarding when playing TR games, anything from AOD onward was always day 1 or before. Prior to that were close-ish to their release but not day 1, my allowance only went so far

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 21-07-19 at 00:40.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 11:57   #16595
ryan91
Professor

Why TF no one talking about Toby Gard, he always had a special place in my heart. He is the reason Lara exists. He is the hero behind all this legacy. Bithces doing him dirty forgetting him. (And he was such a cute ****boy around the time he created Lara, and I also find it iconic that he gave Lara his own round glasses).

Last edited by tlr online; 21-07-19 at 12:19. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 13:59   #16596
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post
Why TF no one talking about Toby Gard, he always had a special place in my heart. He is the reason Lara exists. He is the hero behind all this legacy. Bithces doing him dirty forgetting him.
What do you mean not talking about him exactly? Has something happened to him recently that people should be talking about? And who are these 'bitches' who are making him 'dirty' by forgetting him?
Old 21-07-19, 14:48   #16597
Lyle Croft
Professor

We give toby gard way too much credit
Old 21-07-19, 14:52   #16598
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post
Why TF no one talking about Toby Gard, he always had a special place in my heart. He is the reason Lara exists. He is the hero behind all this legacy. Bithces doing him dirty forgetting him. (And he was such a cute ****boy around the time he created Lara, and I also find it iconic that he gave Lara his own round glasses).
Ok, it’s time for this discussion again. I cannot stand Toby Gard he, in my perception, is the epitome of a a hypocritical spoilt child throwing his toys out the pram. He left the series after the first entry supposedly in disagreement with the sexualisation of Lara yet he admits in more than one documentary that he blew Lara’s boobs up to the size we knew - her most sexualised exploit and left them that way for a laugh. He then proceeded to return to the series and make Lara her most sexualised in game she had ever been, he is credited with her redesign in legend by CD. TR is his baby but he left twice voluntarily? I think not.

Also, he is not solely responsible for Lara. Lara was a group effort of Core and without the rest of those members we would have had a male indiana Jones rip off first and a Sarah Connor-Esque Latina chick in the second incarnation before Core had him redesign her into what we now know and now loved her as. Lara spent more time being developed without Toby than with him. There is no spark without fire and thank you for your service to Toby but I cannot sit by and let people talk about him as if he were solely responsible for Lara because it’s completely untrue.

Last edited by jajay119; 22-07-19 at 09:07.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 16:48   #16599
BlackWolftr
Hobbyist

Quote:
i love underworld lara

let's try question of the day again. less broad and obtuse.

When did you first play Tomb Raider: Anniversary?"
1 year ago. It's coolest remake im ever seen.
Old 21-07-19, 17:50   #16600
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Ok, it’s time for this discussion again. I cannot stand Toby Gard he, in my perception, is the epitome of a a hypocritical spoilt child throwing his toys out the prank. He left the series after the first entry supposedly in disagreement with the sexualisation of Lara yet he admits in more than one documentary that he blew Lara’s boobs up to the size we knew - her most sexualised exploit and left them that way for a laugh. He then proceeded to return to then weird and make Lara her most sexualised in game she had ever been, he is credited with her redesign in legend by CD. TR is his baby but he left twice voluntarily? I think not.

Also, he is not solely responsible for Lara. Lara was a group effort of Core and without the rest of those members of vote we would have had a male indiana Jones rip off first and a Sarah Connor-Esque Latina chick in the second incarnation before Core had him redesign her into what we now know and now lived her as. Lara spent more time being developed without Toby than with him. There is no spark without fire and thank you for your service to Toby but I cannot sit by and let people talk about him as fin he were solely responsible for Lara because it’s completely untrue.
You alright there mate?

Anyway I'm rather struck on the fact that only 6 people were behind the original Tomb Raider. That's quite amazing.