www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 03-05-19, 18:11   #1
mp108
Hobbyist

Default trl crashes at kazakhstan level

If I play at maximum display settings, with 'next generation content' enabled, the game crashes - seems to have started once I have reached the Kazakhstan level, pretty sure was running fine before.

I have two gtx 560 in sli.

It's not the end of the world as I can continue by turning the above option off but ideally would like it on.

any ideas?
mp108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 18:28   #2
New Dwight
Professor

iirc, there was a patch on the .exe that fixed the infamous Kazakhstan crash.
Also the crash could happen also in England & Nepal.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/7000/...9742648003342/
Old 03-05-19, 23:39   #3
Boobandie
Professor

And Angel of Darkness gets panned for being unfinished. Legend's Next Gen mode is a graphically buggy mess with some levels completely unplayable.

Fans have since fixed it but apparently this was acceptable in a released game.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 13:14   #4
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
And Angel of Darkness gets panned for being unfinished. Legend's Next Gen mode is a graphically buggy mess with some levels completely unplayable.

Fans have since fixed it but apparently this was acceptable in a released game.
Thing is AoD as a whole is a buggy piece of **** that's why it gets called "unfinished"
Sure Legend has it's bugs and glitches but comparing it to something as buggy as AoD is just unfair and unnecessary here.
--

I had the same crash in Kazakhstan, I just disabled next gen until I finished it, then turned it back on.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 23:21   #5
Boobandie
Professor

Legend has a full game crash you-can-never-play-this-level glitch. Angel of Darkness can get some visual glitches and occasionally crash but you can still play the whole game.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 07:42   #6
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Legend has a full game crash you-can-never-play-this-level glitch. Angel of Darkness can get some visual glitches and occasionally crash but you can still play the whole game.
No, you can play the whole game with original gfx and it never crashes (which I always did, since Lara seems to look better in that version).

AoD does not offer you both a "good" version and a "****ed-up" version, you have to wade through its buggy crap no matter what. It's mandatory.

Making that comparison is sort of the same as complaining that TR2013 runs like a dog when you turn on all the video options with your integrated graphics card.

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 05-05-19 at 07:43.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 11:31   #7
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Mate if we start listing AoD's softlocks and glitches and crashes we'll be here till June.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 21:49   #8
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Turn off the next gen effects until you're on the train and you're fine.
Old 08-05-19, 17:30   #9
Maverin
Archaeologist

Honestly, it's a way better experience to play through the whole game with next-gen turned off.

There are so many graphical glitches with next-gen. For example: the plants flicker in the Tokyo building, almost everything looks shiny (especially Lara), the water is already running in Ghana before activating the system behind it, the floor is transparant in sections of Kazakhstan, the city sky is missing in Tokyo, the waterfalls in Ghana have lightning issues, etc. + it also darkens the game a lot. It's really not worth it in my opinion.
Old 10-05-19, 00:07   #10
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Honestly, it's a way better experience to play through the whole game with next-gen turned off.

There are so many graphical glitches with next-gen. For example: the plants flicker in the Tokyo building, almost everything looks shiny (especially Lara), the water is already running in Ghana before activating the system behind it, the floor is transparant in sections of Kazakhstan, the city sky is missing in Tokyo, the waterfalls in Ghana have lightning issues, etc. + it also darkens the game a lot. It's really not worth it in my opinion.
Yes. Lara especially looks strange to me with next-gen turned on. Underground parts of the King Arthur level look like **** too.