www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 26-04-19, 22:27   #11
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I won’t, I respect your opinion.
And me yours I was being playful
Old 26-04-19, 22:57   #12
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Haha I totally thought of Manfred Powell when Konstantine started taunting Lara about her father. Both villains were at there weakest state after Lara beat them and decided to be the one "with the last word" so to speak.
"Your father begged for his life"
Old 27-04-19, 00:21   #13
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Lol I'm glad I am not the only one who found this scene to be absolutely cringeworthy. I couldn't believe my eyes and my ears when I first experienced this scene... I mean easter eggs are one thing... but this was parody.

It is funny that fans have been hating the inclusion of Lara's father since Legend yet in ROTTR his role is far more prominent than ever, even more so than in the Angelina movie and LAU combined.
Old 27-04-19, 00:26   #14
New Dwight

Konstantin is the definition of cringe. 1 below that ugly ass Abby.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-19, 06:43   #15
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I wonít, I respect your opinion.
Thats a start! You should try to respect everyone else's opinion too now.

Answering to OP, yes it was a bit cringy and everyone saw that coming, it wasn't shocking at all but it's not that bad as you make it look.
Old 27-04-19, 06:50   #16
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I do? If I disagree with someoneís opinion, Iíll discuss it.
Old 27-04-19, 09:50   #17
AshesBorn
Professor

I didn't care. It was obvious from the start, so I was like "Well, duh..."
It's kind of like when in TR2013 Lara finally catches on that the ritual is meant to transfer souls, although the player already figured it out hours ago. Every "twist" in the Reboot trilogy is eyeroll-inducing because it's always the plot that's catching up to the audience, although it's supposed to be the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
No, Ana's plot twist wasn't that bad.
I mean, did you guess she was Konstantin's sister and part of Trinity as well from the beginning?
Plus the fact that she's dying so she is looking for the source to keep living; I thought it was a good character, well, at least one of the best in Rise for sure.
That's just details. Her turning out to be evil was no surprise to anyone.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 27-04-19 at 11:12.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-19, 10:00   #18
Utopian13
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
What did you think of this particular scene?
I also cringed at the scene. I always felt like Rise was an upgrade to Tr2013 in terms of visuals and environments, but the story was lacking and cringy at times. (I actually liked the Croft Manor DLC story more than the main story).
It really is a shame, because I honestly thought that characters like Ana had so much potential and could have been great antagonists for few games (I would have preferred Ana over Pedro/Amaru in Shadow honestly. Playing through Shadow, I did think he was weak in terms of an antagonist and rival to Lara, especially if he was supposed to be the leader of trinity). Her whole plot twist was a bit predictable because of the way she acted in the cutscene before Syria, but her betrayal could have been explored deeper and impacted Lara a lot more than it did.

Last edited by Utopian13; 27-04-19 at 10:04.
Utopian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-19, 10:55   #19
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
No, Ana's plot twist wasn't that bad.
I mean, did you guess she was Konstantin's sister and part of Trinity as well from the beginning?
Plus the fact that she's dying so she is looking for the source to keep living; I thought it was a good character, well, at least one of the best in Rise for sure.

If you're looking for something that was super predictable, then look at Jacob being the prophet...
Yes it was, to me. I saw it coming a mile off that Ana was the bad guy and involved in Trinity because Ana was introduced as this major character in Lara's life, involved with her father romantically yet we had never heard of her before. That with Trinity being included for the first time, properly, in the game just shouted 'look I'm a bad guy in disguise'. If Ana had been mentioned and engrained as part of Lara's back story in the reboot right from the off we could have bought into her being a genuine part of Lara's life. But she wasn't. She was a predictable plot point invented and inserted for RISE and it was completely predictable and cliche for me. It doesn't matter why she is doing what she is doing. Sure, her dying from cancer makes her more understandable but the development was still predictable to me. I will admit I didn't see Konstantin being her brother coming but that really didn't matter to me as a major plot point; whether he was a friend, a brother or a colleague they were still predictably in cahoots.
Old 27-04-19, 14:07   #20
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Grimaldi is one of the nicest and most respectful members on this forum , maybe you're mistaking him for someone else ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
It is funny that fans have been hating the inclusion of Lara's father since Legend yet in ROTTR his role is far more prominent than ever, even more so than in the Angelina movie and LAU combined.
Um , no this is quite a stretch . The parents role was at its most insufferable in LAU hands down . Yes , part of Lara's motivation in Rise was to clear Richard's name and relive herself of the guilt feelings , but at least Reboot Lara as a character prior to TR2013 grew up completely away from Richard's shadow , rebelled over his points of view and formed her own , ditched the aristocratic lifestyle and lived an ordinary life , sought adventure to make her own mark etc . Therefore Richard's inclusion in Rise & Shadow -as annoying as it was- was nowhere as abhorrent as in LAU where you have a grownass adult mature Lara still obsessed with her father (with whom she had a very strong bond) and hints that if it hadn't been for Amelia's disappearance and the burden associated with that Richard left her she might not have pursued tomb raiding in the first place .