www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-07-19, 13:02   #101
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Yeah I think classic Lara was supposed to be about 5'8-5'10 depending on what figure was given and also how she looked in various different renders. She was definitely tall for a woman and looked it in her body proportions.

Reboot Lara looks about 5'4, judging by her body proportions. Jonah is huge so he makes her look even shorter, but she doesn't look abnormally short to me, just average woman height. The difference between her and older versions of Lara is incredibly noticeable though, she looks shorter.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 13-07-19 at 13:03.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 13:07   #102
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I'm 5 foot 5 in real life and after this Lara I keep thinking, do I look that tiny compared to everyone else? It's given me a complex, lol!
Old 13-07-19, 13:25   #103
Rebooty
Hobbyist

Yeah 5'8" or 9" would suit her character more as a very attractive aristocrat/heiress with a knack for adventure and tomb raiding not going for the trappings of her family's social status but carving out her unusual "career path". That's one of the reasons that made her character compelling to me in the originals even though it wasn't fully fleshed. The idea of it was unique during the time in games. Make her more attractive in face and body, and her personality as well. A little bit of sexiness doesn't hurt. It's not sexist to make her look sexier. Mind you sexier, not sexualized. So the face is important too and they made her look pretty but kind of boring I'm afraid.

Last edited by Rebooty; 13-07-19 at 13:29.
Rebooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 13:45   #104
Lyle Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I'm 5 foot 5 in real life and after this Lara I keep thinking, do I look that tiny compared to everyone else? It's given me a complex, lol!
you do.

i look super tiny compared to other guys, I'm 5'6"
Old 13-07-19, 13:55   #105
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I'd say no, I am friends with a few 5'4" girls and Lara's in-game model in ROTTR and SOTTR looks more like 5'0". She's not all that much taller than the children in the game even.

I personally like tall Lara better. Not because it's sexier or anything, tons of shorter girls are sexy, but moreso because she looked intimidating when being as tall or taller than some men. I think Lara needs to walk in a room and intimidate the people around her like a strong Amazon woman. The small adorable look just isn't Lara to me.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 13-07-19 at 13:58.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 13:57   #106
biscuits
Professor

I think it's the short legs.
When playing Rise, Lara looked sooo short when standing next to NPC quest givers, even the female ones!
Old 13-07-19, 14:03   #107
Lyle Croft
Professor

Make Lara taller again. :/

I get they were trying to push the "extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are"

But a part of that is...Lara was always gifted genetically. T-T
Old 13-07-19, 14:10   #108
Kurtis666
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
She kinda looks like a young nurse working in the ED imo.

Pretty, but nothing extraordinary of the sort. But yeah, her eyes still need a lil bit of upturn...her jaw is wide, but the angle is too down low. :/ She's had a wide jaw...just hers is too box shaped tbh. They took some bits and pieces of Camilla...put it on Lara and it just doesn't look good on Lara herself. She needs a forehead and get rid of that MOP! Also give her some slightly more arched (and longer) brows, fuller lips, maybe a tad bit of (decent, eyeshadow. Rise's was just messy and slapped on).

Overall, definitely start with that nasty mop on her head. It makes her head look extra huge compared to the rest of her body. It's 2019, not 2010. The emo look ain't cute Lara.

How did you remove the mop hair btw?
Kurtis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 14:18   #109
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

It will forever be a mystery to me how that mop ever made it into 2 games
Old 13-07-19, 14:19   #110
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
you do.

i look super tiny compared to other guys, I'm 5'6"

Oh well, 5'6" guys don't look super tiny to 5'5" women like me if it's any consolation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I'd say no, I am friends with a few 5'4" girls and Lara's in-game model in ROTTR and SOTTR looks more like 5'0". She's not all that much taller than the children in the game even.

I personally like tall Lara better. Not because it's sexier or anything, tons of shorter girls are sexy, but moreso because she looked intimidating when being as tall or taller than some men. I think Lara needs to walk in a room and intimidate the people around her like a strong Amazon woman. The small adorable look just isn't Lara to me.
Yes, she looks more 5'0" to me too, but I've seen so many people say she's 5'4". I just don't want her child sized compared to everyone else.