www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 26-07-19, 21:08   #21
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I remember a line from Star Trek Generations where Kirk said to Picard well let me tell you something. Don't, don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off of the bridge of that ship, because while you're there you can make a difference.

I wonder what led Picard to decide to give up the captain's chair, maybe losing Data made him consider a change in position he had been captain of the Enterprise for a very long time, maybe Data's death made him realize that life is too short and that now was the time for a change.

Another line from Generations that I think goes with the line above someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived.

One last line from the TNG episode The Inner Light that I think also goes with the above lines: seize the time Meribor. Live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again
Earlier press releases also mentioned the Romulus Supernova. Picard was friends with Spock, so perhaps losing Spock also had an influence on his decision to leave Starfleet.
Old 06-08-19, 15:49   #22
Jami393
Tomb Raider

So, there's going to be a comic book prequel mini-series to Star Trek - Picard. It's going to be released by IDW Comics and will consist of three issues. It'll start getting released in November.

https://intl.startrek.com/news/new-s...-discovery-idw