www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 26-07-19, 21:08   #21
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I remember a line from Star Trek Generations where Kirk said to Picard well let me tell you something. Don't, don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off of the bridge of that ship, because while you're there you can make a difference.

I wonder what led Picard to decide to give up the captain's chair, maybe losing Data made him consider a change in position he had been captain of the Enterprise for a very long time, maybe Data's death made him realize that life is too short and that now was the time for a change.

Another line from Generations that I think goes with the line above someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived.

One last line from the TNG episode The Inner Light that I think also goes with the above lines: seize the time Meribor. Live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again
Earlier press releases also mentioned the Romulus Supernova. Picard was friends with Spock, so perhaps losing Spock also had an influence on his decision to leave Starfleet.
Old 06-08-19, 15:49   #22
Jami393
Tomb Raider

So, there's going to be a comic book prequel mini-series to Star Trek - Picard. It's going to be released by IDW Comics and will consist of three issues. It'll start getting released in November.

https://intl.startrek.com/news/new-s...-discovery-idw
Old 29-02-20, 14:37   #23
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I watched episode 1 of Picard this morning and I loved it that one episode is better than every episode that I watched of the steaming pile of that is Discovery.

Anyone remember that scene in the first Jurassic Park movie where that guy said that is one big pile of Discovery is a lot bigger than that.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-20, 15:33   #24
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I watched episode 1 of Picard this morning and I loved it that one episode is better than every episode that I watched of the steaming pile of that is Discovery.
The start of the fifth episode had a lot of people balking. I'm not surprised: I did not think Star Trek would ever show such a display of gore as it did. It was totally unnecessary.

However, the episode that aired yesterday certainly washed a lot of that out. It was very touching to see Hugh and Picard meet again, and their hug as friends who haven't seen each other in years.

If you watch the second episode, it won't be obvious at first, but the Director of the Borg Reclamation Project is Hugh.

Last edited by ggctuk; 29-02-20 at 15:39.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 13:32   #25
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I watched episode 2 earlier.

The one part I didn't like was how rude that admiral was to Picard, there were three things I wanted to do to her 1 punch her, 2 beam her into orbit and let her die in space and 3 beam her into low earth orbit where she would then burn up on re-entry.

The actors playing the parts of Lt Rizzo and Commodore Oh were familiar although I couldn't place them right away, Lt Rizzo is played by Peyton List who played Ivy Pepper/Poison Ivy in seasons 4 and 5 of Gotham, confusingly there are two actors named Peyton List one was born in 1986 and the other 1998, the one from 1986 is the one in Picard.

Commodore Oh is played by Tamlyn Tomita who I first saw in the movie The Day After Tomorrow, when I first saw that movie I mistook her for Ensign Sato from Star Trek Enterprise.

The swearing in this episode didn't surprise me at all even though I thought the swearing in Discovery felt out of place it didn't bother me in Picard, Next Generation era Star Trek is no stranger to swearing, Star Trek Generations, First Contact and Insurrection all had swearing in them.

One thing I did notice is that the Starfleet officers seen in the episode were wearing uniforms from Star Trek Voyager with the exception of the admiral who was rude to Picard, I thought Starfleet would still be using the uniforms last seen in Star Trek Nemesis or at least made a newer type of uniform, Starfleet rarely goes back to an older type of uniform.

I half expected that Borg drone they were removing implants from to wake up, the heartbeat sound during that scene gave the impression that it would wake up.
Old 14-03-20, 22:45   #26
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I've watched episode 3 it was great hearing Picard saying engage again after all these years, also I never thought I would see an EMH with an Irish accent.

The hardest part about Picard is avoiding spoilers, two episodes have been spoiled for me due to spoilers popping up without warning on the internet.