www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-02-07, 21:58   #31
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,242
Default

Currently playing FFVIII. Planning on getting Bahamut, Eden and Doomtrain now. Then, Ultimecia´s Castle! I love this game...

My thoughts:

Best Plot/Story: FFX
Best Ending ever: FFX
Worst Ending ever: FFXII
Best gameplay: FFXII
Best and most used Summons: FFVIII
Best Love Story: FFX
Best Character: Yuna
Worst Character: Irvine Kinneas (he kind of forgot his personality at home when the game was made)
Perfect Couple: Squall and Rinoa



Yes, random thoughts, but I like them :P
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:01   #32
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider
 
Hyper_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 16,504
Default

I think the best love story was Squall and Rinoa.
__________________
What it means to be King is to never stop moving forward
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:04   #33
Rivendell
Legend
 
Rivendell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Misty Mountains ♂
Posts: 39,151
Default

I think the best love story was Zidane and Garnet That final clip is just so touching!
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:05   #34
Forwen
Relic Hunter
 
Forwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: among the masses Alignment: True Neutral
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Worst Character: Irvine Kinneas (he kind of forgot his personality at home when the game was made)
I say he's got some, but true, I wouldn't call him a deep character.

Uh oh, do I smell potential FFXII spoilers coming up?
__________________
I'm great, you're great, everybody's great.
Forwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:06   #35
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
I think the best love story was Squall and Rinoa.
I thought so too...I remembered it so amazing...but after replaying FFVIII (these days, I´m on disc 3, after the Ragnarok and before the Lunatic Pandora events with Raijin, Fujin and Seifer) I got to the conclusion that he is the weirdest guy ever. I remembered the Ragnarok moment between them really romantic...but he was quite cold all the time (not Alllll the time, but most of the time). I was disappointed.
Tidus and Yuna´s love is full of wishes, promises for a better life, hopes for the future, a charming song (Suteki da ne), tears, dramatic moments (ending, lake Macalania, Al Bhed site -when he understands she is to die when summoning the Final Aeon-). I love everything about their relationship and would have been the hapiest person with a FFX-3!
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:08   #36
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwen View Post
Uh oh, do I smell potential FFXII spoilers coming up?
No, don´t worry, I won´t say anything that might spoil you any detail I was just criticizing the ending.
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:11   #37
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider
 
Hyper_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 16,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I thought so too...I remembered it so amazing...but after replaying FFVIII (these days, I´m on disc 3, after the Ragnarok and before the Lunatic Pandora events with Raijin, Fujin and Seifer) I got to the conclusion that he is the weirdest guy ever. I remembered the Ragnarok moment between them really romantic...but he was quite cold all the time (not Alllll the time, but most of the time). I was disappointed.
Tidus and Yuna´s love is full of wishes, promises for a better life, hopes for the future, a charming song (Suteki da ne), tears, dramatic moments (ending, lake Macalania, Al Bhed site -when he understands she is to die when summoning the Final Aeon-). I love everything about their relationship and would have been the hapiest person with a FFX-3!
Well Squall can be cold hearted some, well near enough all the time, but at the end of disk 2 where Rinoa is possessed by the Sorceress (Ultimitia) he shows more emotions, mainly to do with Rinoa. At when they are in the Ragnarok in Space there was a real romantic scene, and when he rescues her from the Sorceress Memorial place (I can't remember the name). Actually I am not sure which was a better Love Story, thanks Yuna's Wish lol.
__________________
What it means to be King is to never stop moving forward
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:13   #38
Legend of Lara
Legend
 
Legend of Lara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 45,779
Default

What kind of "bad" was XII's ending? Disappointing? Shocking? Cheesy? Confusing?
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:16   #39
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Actually I am not sure which was a better Love Story, thanks Yuna's Wish lol.
You´re welcome! I´m sure Squall can be cold hearted (REALLY) some times...but he´s quite a different person when he carries her to Esthar, while she´s sleeping, and when he is so desperate to save her when she is floating nowhere in space. I still wonder how did Rinoa resist so much time hanging in Balamb Garden´s ledge while waiting to be rescued However, I love the game!
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-07, 22:19   #40
Mad Tony
Sage
 
Mad Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 60,652
Default

Who here thought Black Waltz No.3 was just awesome?
Reminds me of Natla a little bit.
__________________
No regrets, Mr Freeman.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.