Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-09-19, 01:38   #23531
KManX89

I'm pissed after reading about this news: a guy who plotted a major swatting incident that took another man's life (Casey Viner) gets 15 months and a 2 year ban on gaming.

He basically gets a slap on the wrist for murdering a guy, WTF? And he's not allowed to game for 2 years, yeah HTF are they gonna enforce that?

Utter BS, especially when the guy who made the call (Tyler Barris) got 20 years. And BTW, federal swatting resulting in death can carry up to a life sentence, so 15 months is letting him off way too lightly. Hell, I'm pretty sure he can be charged with 1st degree murder under the felony murder rule since federal swatting IS a felony.

In any event, he deserves a lot more than 15 months. He should get AT LEAST as much time as the guy who made the call (Barris).
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 13:54   #23532
charmedangelin

Well it's official now, won't be able to finish school due to lack of finances. It really sucks because I was so close, but no one will co-sign for me on a private loan so I have no choice, but to drop out this semester until I can save up money and pay on my own.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 14:44   #23533
Tomb Raidering

^
Judging by your Location, I assume you’re at the USA and a citizen of it. Doesn’t the federal or local government help pupils with financial stuff? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I have no idea how things operate over there...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 06:28   #23534
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
^
Judging by your Location, I assume you’re at the USA and a citizen of it. Doesn’t the federal or local government help pupils with financial stuff? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I have no idea how things operate over there...
Yeah they do, but unfortunately circumstances happened where I don't qualify for it anymore and thus have to rely on a private loan to pay for school. Unfortunately due to lack of credit history I can't get a private loan unless someone cosigns for me and I have no one to do that with who could sign with me so unfortunately I'll have to drop.
Old 20-09-19, 14:34   #23535
Cat Woman

Very sorry to hear that you cannot finish school. Hope you can save and get to complete your courses and finish. Sad - As there are so many kids out there who have the opportunity to further their education and they don’t take advantage of it. Also, when some students are school/college/university, etc. they don’t want to work at the courses.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 20-09-19 at 14:35.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 02:30   #23536
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Very sorry to hear that you cannot finish school. Hope you can save and get to complete your courses and finish. Sad - As there are so many kids out there who have the opportunity to further their education and they don’t take advantage of it. Also, when some students are school/college/university, etc. they don’t want to work at the courses.
Thanks, yeah it's pretty frustrating not being given the chance to prove myself. I thought I had more opportunities then I actually do, but it seems I don't. I'm hoping to at least find some kind of job in the mean time. I hate the idea of paying back loans that I don't have the degree for, but I can't help it.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 23-09-19 at 02:56.
Old 23-09-19, 09:46   #23537
Ellioft

I'm in peace with myself, I have finally talk with my best friend and we agree about forgetting the past and start again. That's a huge relief for me.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 00:12   #23538
Cat Woman

Glad it worked out. Best friends are hard to find.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 00:46   #23539
scion05

Lonely as ****. I’ve not felt this bad in a long time. Money issues atm, car issues (thanks a lot Arnold Clark), personal life issues.

Just absolutely ****ed off with everything.
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 01:11   #23540
Athukraz

Annoyed with myself for staying up very late these days for no reason. Ugh
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote