Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-19, 06:44   #11
laracroftswest

@Grizzly That's kind of where I'm at too. For 2013, the enhanced graphics and introduction to new platforms were a huge selling point, especially given the game sold so well already.

For Rise, like you said, the PS4 release was definitely something to be celebrated/along with the 20th anniversary.

So unless something is coming to Shadow that's as big as those, I don't see any reason for it to warrant a Definitive Edition, at least not until the next generation of consoles are released.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 06:47   #12
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
@Grizzly That's kind of where I'm at too. For 2013, the enhanced graphics and introduction to new platforms were a huge selling point, especially given the game sold so well already.

For Rise, like you said, the PS4 release was definitely something to be celebrated/along with the 20th anniversary.

So unless something is coming to Shadow that's as big as those, I don't see any reason for it to warrant a Definitive Edition, at least not until the next generation of consoles are released.
Exactly!

And I forgot to say... for the price Shadow is at now (at least in my country, but I think Europe in general) base game + season pass would be cheaper than a full price definitive edition (and I don't think SE wouldn't release it not at full price, it's not like them at all).
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 06:49   #13
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Exactly!

And I forgot to say... for the price Shadow is at now (at least in my country, but I think Europe in general) base game + season pass would be cheaper than a full price definitive edition (and I don't think SE wouldn't release it not at full price, it's not like them at all).
Right! Why waste $ on product packaging, shipping, etc. for a definitive edition that's essentially a base game + season pass that could easily be taken care of digitally? I know it's kind of jumping the gun discussing something unconfirmed but I am a bit wary of that being a potential reason for the wait.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 07:12   #14
xspacedude

They should release the DLC for Shadow’s 1 year anniversary. Just a little gift to celebrate it, no repackaging necessary.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:08   #15
Mikky

I'm genuinely shocked and confused that it wasn't announced. I thought it was a sure thing. I understand they want to put all their focus on the Avengers game for now but it still feels like a wasted opportunity. Maybe they didn't want it to be overshadowed either, but they announced a lower-budget FF8 remaster right alongside the new trailer for the full-blown FF7 remake - a DLC for a well-known franchise such as TR doesn't seem so far-fetched.

So now what? Just wait for a trailer to randomly drop? And as usual, we're left in the dark. Call it "entitlement" or whatever you want but I feel the fandom more than deserves some kind of explanation at this point.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:31   #16
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Call it "entitlement" or whatever you want but I feel the fandom more than deserves some kind of explanation at this point.
I can give you one:

It's not ready. It will launch when it is.

See, it's simple
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:36   #17
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I can give you one:

It's not ready. It will launch when it is.

See, it's simple
To be honest he isn't wrong.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:40   #18
Mikky

Thanks Vaskito but passive-aggression won't really help anyone right now. You're not an official representative either so that statement holds as much weight as me saying "it is ready, they're just waiting for Sora to give birth first".
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:45   #19
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
To be honest he isn't wrong.
I would agree if they had officially announced anything. They’ve only teased (which they could’ve choose to not even do. And I hope they learn from it, and don’t tease anything anymore in the future, because there's just no winning). And don’t take this as me no understanding why people are excited and impatient. But I think some are being way too entitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Thanks Vaskito but passive-aggression won't really help anyone right now. You're not an official representative either so that statement holds as much weight as me saying "it is ready, they're just waiting for Sora to give birth first".
It's the logical explanation. Wether you accept it or not, that's up to you. Why should they show something that isn't ready?

Last edited by Vaskito; 11-06-19 at 08:48.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:53   #20
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I would agree if they had officially announced anything. They’ve only teased (which they could’ve choose to not even do. And I hope they learn from it, and don’t tease anything anymore in the future, because there's just no winning). And don’t take this as me no understanding why people are excited and impatient. But I think some are being way too entitled
As a member of an official fansite I'm baffled by the lack of communication we all have experienced since the release... Even when you send them a mail usually they answered. But this time, we have been ignored many times.

I'm the first at being excited for something but for this era I think they give up once the game was released...
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote