Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 15-12-19, 08:10   #1
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Default Alpha mod for TR3

Since we all know the alpha version of this game isn't anywhere on the internet, then how about any of you can create an alpha mod for TR3? I know there's an alpha mod for TR2.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 16:20   #2
michaeldt

If no one has the alpha, no 'mod' can be made.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 16:38   #3
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Well yeah.

Though I would download a mod that swaps all the weapons with TR2 countparts/re-creates the known beta elements (such as the original outfits outfits).

It'd be a fun thing for replays.

Last edited by Samz; 15-12-19 at 16:39.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 11:11   #4
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Oh. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Well yeah.

Though I would download a mod that swaps all the weapons with TR2 countparts/re-creates the known beta elements (such as the original outfits outfits).

It'd be a fun thing for replays.
You're absolutely right on that. I believe Dustie has the alpha version of the game as much as he've uploaded a recreated version of the E3 1998 demo of Tomb Raider 3 of course. So now I think we all should contact him if he has the alpha version of it. And I was especially the 1 who've created a thread about it so I believe Dustie has it.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 17-12-19 at 11:17.
Old 17-12-19, 12:14   #5
ReH_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
And I was especially the 1 who've created a thread about it so I believe Dustie has it.
No. No one in this forum has the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3, probably, it doesnt even exist anymore.

I believe Dustie has recreated the deleted locations from the TR3 Alpha through screenshots, videos, etc. There are a lot of screenshots from this version avaiable in internet.

Last edited by ReH_; 17-12-19 at 12:20.
ReH_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 14:56   #6
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReH_ View Post
No. No one in this forum has the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3, probably, it doesnt even exist anymore.

I believe Dustie has recreated the deleted locations from the TR3 Alpha through screenshots, videos, etc. There are a lot of screenshots from this version avaiable in internet.
Regardless, I always believe it's still out there. And if not, then I'd absolutely be very extremely jealous to the point that I never like to have such disappointment to such an extreme degree like I hate to feel that "I can't have everything favorable to my life at some point" like I'm sure you understand how does that feel of course. The alpha version of Tomb Raider 3 has to be somewhere we should even contact to the Core Design members asking them what just happened with the alpha version of the game like what exactly did they do to it right after the events of E3 1998 have finished? I still believe it's somewhere? Therefore, I hate to feel that someone would ever hide it away from us and I thought Dustie have CAPTURED the alpha version of TR3 so he can finally replicate from what exactly HE SAW what's in there.
Old 17-12-19, 15:50   #7
Woops

Dustie doesn't have it.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 16:00   #8
ReH_

Quote:
Regardless, I always believe it's still out there. And if not, then I'd absolutely be very extremely jealous to the point that I never like to have such disappointment to such an extreme degree like I hate to feel that "I can't have everything favorable to my life at some point" like I'm sure you understand how does that feel of course.
I don't know what makes you still believes that there's an alpha version somewhere in internet, but i'm gonna say again: There's no alpha version available.
Quote:
The alpha version of Tomb Raider 3 has to be somewhere we should even contact to the Core Design members asking them what just happened with the alpha version of the game like what exactly did they do to it right after the events of E3 1998 have finished? I still believe it's somewhere? Therefore, I hate to feel that someone would ever hide it away from us
Probably they just changed their mind while they were developing the game.
I don't think there's nothing really special in that version that would make someone hide it for all those years. However, a mod would be a great idea or just the level Dustie is doing in TRLE.
Quote:
and I thought Dustie have CAPTURED the alpha version of TR3 so he can finally replicate from what exactly HE SAW what's in there.
That's not what you said on your previously post though. And what was that bold for?
ReH_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 16:38   #9
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReH_ View Post
That's not what you said on your previously post though. And what was that bold for?
I certainly did say that in the recreated version thread. And it all looked like in my opinion, Dustie have CAPTURED IT so he will finally replicate it from what he saw in the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3. But other than that, he probably searched the gameplay videos of them so he will replicate it from using TRLE. Pretty soon I really hope that he'll drop a link of it so we'll have a lot of fun enjoying to take so much advantage to this version after all these years have past since 1998 to begin with. I even dreamt about that I had SO MUCH FUN playing the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3 to the point that you have NO IDEA that how much I had to enjoy playing with it so much like I'm so glad that I finally captured it. But from what Core Design did at the other hand, I think they unnecessarily DUMPED IT for no stupid reason. Which they really shouldn't have done that at all. Now I believe that the next playable beta game we'll be able to play is the ECTS version I hope!!