Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 11-02-20, 22:56   #11
Jen_TR

Wow that was such a great read! I never really knew the in-depth details of how poorly treated the Core staff really were... not even being invited to the launch parties of their own games must have made them feel so demotivated and unappreciated. Especially after all the immense time and effort they put in.
It also really makes you wonder if Toby Gard has stayed, how different would Tom Raider have turned out. He’s such a great game designer and was clearly years ahead in ideas, if Angel of Darkness had still been created then he (alongside the other staff’s original vision) could have made that game amazing.

I hope all the original developers really know how much their games are still loved.
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 23:23   #12
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_TR View Post
Wow that was such a great read! I never really knew the in-depth details of how poorly treated the Core staff really were... not even being invited to the launch parties of their own games must have made them feel so demotivated and unappreciated. Especially after all the immense time and effort they put in.
It also really makes you wonder if Toby Gard has stayed, how different would Tom Raider have turned out. He’s such a great game designer and was clearly years ahead in ideas, if Angel of Darkness had still been created then he (alongside the other staff’s original vision) could have made that game amazing.

I hope all the original developers really know how much their games are still loved.
Me, when I see spelling errors about TR terms
from hardcore TR fans:

The article is interesting. I’ve read it a long time ago, but I just re-read it and... well... I don’t know what to say.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 01:11   #13
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
"Legend has it that Frances Gard, Toby's younger sister, was the inspiration for Lara Croft"
The implications of this make me deeply uncomfortable...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 20:48   #14
Marcus T

Fascinating article indeed, thanks for the pointer
Marcus T is offline   Reply With Quote