Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-09-19, 21:41   #17601
Lyle Croft

Survivor Lara is so relatable. ugh

Her face in Shadow can go from Super beautiful, to super ugly and she lost all her lip.

Queen of Cosmetic Procedures
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 07:24   #17602
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Survivor Lara is so relatable. ugh

Her face in Shadow can go from Super beautiful, to super ugly and she lost all her lip.

Queen of Cosmetic Procedures
I don’t know if it was the lighting or the model-swapping but in Rise her face sometimes in cutscenes went from gorgeous to thick-jawline-and-chubby-cheeked-woman... At least it was consistent in Shadow.

But one thing I hate is the ponytail. It’s so stiff and lifeless (I don’t want Rise hair back but ), it’s like taped to Lara’s back...... I think they should leave PureHair altogether... It eats cpu/gpu/ram power too much, they should have made it optional like in 2013/Rise... Ah, oh well
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 14:43   #17603
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I don’t know if it was the lighting or the model-swapping but in Rise her face sometimes in cutscenes went from gorgeous to thick-jawline-and-chubby-cheeked-woman... At least it was consistent in Shadow.

But one thing I hate is the ponytail. It’s so stiff and lifeless (I don’t want Rise hair back but ), it’s like taped to Lara’s back...... I think they should leave PureHair altogether... It eats cpu/gpu/ram power too much, they should have made it optional like in 2013/Rise... Ah, oh well
Rise was definitely worse. I think the mocap and tech made her face look weird. Muscles dont move like that...fkkssk
Old 03-09-19, 15:05   #17604
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Rise was definitely worse. I think the mocap and tech made her face look weird. Muscles dont move like that...fkkssk
Let’s not forget Ana’s triple-blink action. That was one of the best parts.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 17:56   #17605
VictorXD

That's not anything to do with tech, that's just exactly how people work in real life you know The lighting and angle combo can really change how a person looks, well at least how we perceive their face at that point in time. Rise and Shadow face are a tiny bit different, but not enough to call it a significant change.

And Rise's mova was excellent at times, it gave little details such as small movement in the cheeks you hardly see in hand animation.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 18:13   #17606
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
That's not anything to do with tech, that's just exactly how people work in real life you know The lighting and angle combo can really change how a person looks, well at least how we perceive their face at that point in time. Rise and Shadow face are a tiny bit different, but not enough to call it a significant change.

And Rise's mova was excellent at times, it gave little details such as small movement in the cheeks you hardly see in hand animation.
The small cheek movement seemed unrealistic lol. I think If they refine it in the next game it would look great.

But yeah, the only thing that bothers me is how Lara loses her full lips in most of her scenes
Old 05-09-19, 07:58   #17607
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
That's not anything to do with tech, that's just exactly how people work in real life you know The lighting and angle combo can really change how a person looks, well at least how we perceive their face at that point in time.
Pretty much, and that's why a lot of people says this: You look different in real life, than on your photo!

I personally, have no problem with RoTR's facial animations were pretty well done.
TR2013 on the other hand... I still can't forget the wrinkles on Lara's nose in some cutscenes.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 08:17   #17608
Tomb Raidering

The problem in Rise was, there were multiple Lara models that were inconsistent with each other. In TR2013, you wouldn’t even notice it when they change it in cutscenes. But in Rise, one moment we’re looking to a gorgeous, slim-faced lady, a second later it’s a fat-cheeked massive jawlined woman. Shadow fixed this, fortunately... And now I think of it, it’s creepy as hell, having multiples of you...
Old 05-09-19, 17:57   #17609
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
The problem in Rise was, there were multiple Lara models that were inconsistent with each other. In TR2013, you wouldn’t even notice it when they change it in cutscenes. But in Rise, one moment we’re looking to a gorgeous, slim-faced lady, a second later it’s a fat-cheeked massive jawlined woman. Shadow fixed this, fortunately... And now I think of it, it’s creepy as hell, having multiples of you...
Lara goes from

Kylie Jenner pre-cosmetic surgery to Kylie Jenner now.
It's crazy
Old 05-09-19, 18:52   #17610
Tomb Raidering

^
Absolutely...
Complete with wrinkles