www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Sport and Recreation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-18, 23:04   #1
welshguy34
Historian
 
welshguy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Posts: 412
Default World Cup Russia 2018

So, we are close to the World Cup starting and I thought I would start a thread for it. I was going for Germany to retain, but their form has dipped recently. I expect them to go close though, so I will still pick them. England to just make the last 16.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 22:45   #2
welshguy34
Historian
 
welshguy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Posts: 412
Default

Well this thread has proved to be popular.


Great game tonight between Spain and Portugal. Brilliant hat trick from CR7.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 07:59   #3
Mani_Man
Professor
 
Mani_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,554
Default

I know its probably a crime here in germany, but i dont care one bit for this years world cup.XD

I dont know why but i never felt the hype for the 2018 world cup.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-18, 23:20   #4
welshguy34
Historian
 
welshguy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I know its probably a crime here in germany, but i dont care one bit for this years world cup.XD

I dont know why but i never felt the hype for the 2018 world cup.

I expect your result against Mexico today will be getting a lot of interest back home. Thought they were very poor.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 00:22   #5
SunDormant
Archaeologist
 
SunDormant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I know its probably a crime here in germany, but i dont care one bit for this years world cup.XD
Same here. Everywhere I go, someone has to mention or shove the world cup down my throat like if life itself depended on our country winning that thing.

I have nothing against the sport itself, I just hate to remember the way it has been used here to push political agendas or as to cover our government's mistakes or crimes. Maybe it only has been serious in the past, but it is still used like that to some degree today.

Besides, I've always felt little amusement while watching the matches
__________________
Time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time!
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 08:02   #6
Mani_Man
Professor
 
Mani_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshguy34 View Post
I expect your result against Mexico today will be getting a lot of interest back home. Thought they were very poor.
Oh yeah, you cant stumble over a rock without hearing about this.
Great start as the reigning Champs there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
Same here. Everywhere I go, someone has to mention or shove the world cup down my throat like if life itself depended on our country winning that thing.

I have nothing against the sport itself, I just hate to remember the way it has been used here to push political agendas or as to cover our government's mistakes or crimes. Maybe it only has been serious in the past, but it is still used like that to some degree today.

Besides, I've always felt little amusement while watching the matches
Normally i do like the world cup, but this time i just dont feel it at all.
Dont know why but this time i really hate how it gets shoved down your throat.

I would say that maybe the whole Market is the reason for why i feel little enjoyment currently.
You have overpaid players, obnoxious fans, a general lack of fresh play styles and the theatralic which annoys me so much(seriously, they barely touch each other and act like they lost two legs and 25 ribs XD)
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 08:26   #7
dcw123
Relic Hunter
 
dcw123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England, UK Gender:Male
Posts: 7,416
Default

I hate football with a passion.. I really don't understand how they get paid so much haha

I now work at a bar too, so if any football/rugby etc is on the TV, we end up packed full of drunken idiots

My work are allowing us to wear football shirts, so I bought one with the Russia 2018 Mascot on it.. its just so cute!

Last edited by dcw123; 18-06-18 at 08:29.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 09:29   #8
Ahoora
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Egypt, The Pyramid
Posts: 29
Talking

Not a bad idea. Btw, what will be posted within this thread?

Infos such as upcoming match or maybe something else...?
Ahoora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 13:00   #9
thabani33
Archaeologist
 
thabani33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: on the moon
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I hate football with a passion.. I really don't understand how they get paid so much haha
You're confusing Americans when you speak like that, lol

We're in day 5 of the tournament and this thread is not that popular among TR fans it seems.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 11:22   #10
Dazzy
Professor
 
Dazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent
Posts: 3,305
Default

England got a very important win, Kane the difference.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.