www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 21:57   #17511
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman81 View Post
Thatís fine. Iím not here to convince you to believe my site. I will say that for a Tomb Raider fan in a TR forum you are very salty and negative towards any good news surrounding this film. I could show you talent grids and all my sources and youíd still be negative. Oh well. Iím going to keep reporting on TR2 and I hope for more great news soon.
Not true at all. I was optimistic the last interview with Ben.
I was also optimistic with the last interview with Alicia.

I’m skeptical with any information that doesn’t come from a credible or official source. I’m even more skeptical when information does come out, and you are the only news source that reports on it at all.

If what you claimed had any inkling of credibility to it, I promise you, other places would be reporting on it.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:02   #17512
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I’m skeptical with any information that doesn’t come from a credible or official source. I’m even more skeptical when information does come out, and you are the only news source that reports on it at all.
We are in 2020. People like Justin Kroll, Daniel RPK, Grace Randolph ... are "influencers" and they spread news that is 100% true. Of course you can believe what you want, but the information no longer only comes from movie magazines or "serious" media. There are a lot of really famous insiders ... The time has changed.

Quote:
I don't know what the Mando technique is, but if that's what it takes to keep filming as safe as possible, then great.
The technology is called "StageCraft". It is something really curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErP...ture=emb_title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk

The result is much more realistic than green screens. They use screens that project 3D backgrounds.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; Yesterday at 22:08.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:02   #17513
Ellioft
Professor
 
Ellioft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: France
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Not true at all. I was optimistic the last interview with Ben.
I was also optimistic with the last interview with Alicia.

I’m skeptical with any information that doesn’t come from a credible or official source. I’m even more skeptical when information does come out, and you are the only news source that reports on it at all.

If what you claimed had any inkling of credibility to it, I promise you, other places would be reporting on it.

It doesn't made sence if someone post a fake news and speak up out loud into these forums when they are at least 100 peoples wich isn't the biggest audience to reach honestly...
__________________
There's no one "real" Lara Croft ^^
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:04   #17514
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
We are in 2020. People like Justin Kroll, Daniel RPK, Grace Randolph ... are "influencers" and they spread news that is 100% true. Of course you can believe what you want, but the information no longer only comes from movie magazines or "serious" media. There are a lot of really famous insiders ... The time has changed.



The technology is called StageCraft. It is something really curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk
Right. I mean last time when Superman81 gave us the hot scoop that filming was to start in September with “maybe” some more gunplay... I mean wow. What an insightful leak that turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
It doesn't made sence if someone post a fake news and speak up out loud into these forums when they are at least 100 peoples wich isn't the biggest audience to reach honestly...
I agree it makes no sense. That’s why it confuses me.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."

Last edited by SoraSakai; Yesterday at 22:05.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:19   #17515
Ellioft
Professor
 
Ellioft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: France
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I agree it makes no sense. Thatís why it confuses me.
Well maybe he's a fan of the franchise and want us to know how is it going.
__________________
There's no one "real" Lara Croft ^^
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:22   #17516
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 33,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post


The technology is called "StageCraft". It is something really curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErP...ture=emb_title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk

The result is much more realistic than green screens. They use screens that project 3D backgrounds.
Thank you for posting these. It looks fascinating.
__________________
They're=they are; Their=it belongs to them=their house; There=Look over there!
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:41   #17517
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Well maybe he's a fan of the franchise and want us to know how is it going.
You could be right.
Either of us could be.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:24   #17518
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,596
Default

Wouldn't be surprised if they indeed are planning to do everything at Leavesden. And I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of shooting on location and of moving production from Leavesden to Cape Town would be repurposed for those fancy new technologies as well.

Hopefully production is really able to start of February.
__________________
#WearA*******Mask
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48   #17519
AimlessThunder
Professor
 
AimlessThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 4,276
Default

To be honest..This technology does look neat.
The actual sets in the 2018 movie were not more impressive than this.

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.