Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-08-20, 16:46   #91
Ranpyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Has someone played this game? Is it worth playing?
Well, I can say absolutely yes. I've watched some Youtube gameplay videos, and I've fallen in love with it, so much that I've bought a PS4 (slim) for playing it. And I don't regret at all. Today I've finished it and... what can I say? I think it's a masterpiece. It made me feel so many emotions, and I've cried too, more than once. Simply epic. When the ending credits appeared, I bowed in front on the TV.

Last edited by Ranpyon; 27-08-20 at 16:47.
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 16:52   #92
Fantasy

Played an hour or two of the game and loved it. I'll hopefully get some time to play more of it over the weekend.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 22:56   #93
Dennis's Mom

So my husband got me this for my birthday. I do not play "open world" games as a rule. My idea of a bad time is running around pressing X to talk to people to find something to do. But whether its merely the feudal Japan aspect or that there's a central theme that keeps it all the "same story" (invasion) I'm truly enjoying this one. I think my husband might be upset at how much I'm enjoying it. Maybe he didn't realize the hours one can put into an open world game?

I did get the dead horse glitch. I was going over a walkway over a wet area and horse sort of missed and tried to jump onto it and then fell over dead. I was certain he'd been shot, was expecting Jin to freak out and be upset. Instead no one noticed, and I realized it was a glitch. Spent a while whistling for him so I could have the dead body show up. Fast travel fixes it.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 23:47   #94
Tsarina

I have started a legit playthrough finally and I love it. Such a stunning game.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-20, 22:08   #95
Mek

I am playing it too. Definitely a solid game.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 12:37   #96
Dennis's Mom

I've beaten it. Just tooling around now cleaning up items.

I created a savegame to get both endings. The ending I prefer doesn't give me the white ghost armor though. Fundobashi armor is fun if you can find the right scenario for it.

I really, really enjoyed this game, and I'm experiencing the "aw, it's all over" depression now. It's been a long time since I've felt that after finishing a game.

Does anyone think there's another game in this idea? Can Jin get transported to the mainland for some reason and we ghost the crap out of it?
Old 06-10-20, 18:43   #97
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

Does anyone think there's another game in this idea? Can Jin get transported to the mainland for some reason and we ghost the crap out of it?
Yes, I've thought about it a lot! (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!)

Initially I thought that some years later a war (maybe something different from another invasion, like a civill war between clans) could happen in Japan and the shogun would call all the samurai to help, including Jin; but then I went on with the story and that's not possible anymore, unless he gets some sort of redemption (But who knows, maybe the shogun isn't as focused on honor as lord Shimura is, and could restore Jin as a samurai to thank him for saving the whole Japan by defeating the mongols in Tsushima... I kind of hope something like this happens).

By the way, I loved this game so much!

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 06-10-20 at 18:45.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 13:55   #98
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Yes, I've thought about it a lot! (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!)

Initially I thought that some years later a war (maybe something different from another invasion, like a civill war between clans) could happen in Japan and the shogun would call all the samurai to help, including Jin; but then I went on with the story and that's not possible anymore, unless he gets some sort of redemption (But who knows, maybe the shogun isn't as focused on honor as lord Shimura is, and could restore Jin as a samurai to thank him for saving the whole Japan by defeating the mongols in Tsushima... I kind of hope something like this happens).

By the way, I loved this game so much!

But what if he helped as an outlaw? Rogue clan, somehow harming someone else/clan? There are two endings--what if Lord Shimura were kidnapped to the mainland? Could Jin refuse to rescue him?

Several times playing it I felt like Jin was the Batman, operating outside of the law to achieve justice.
Old 09-10-20, 21:53   #99
Tsarina

Just got my Platinum, looking forward to the update on the 16th! Probably one of my new favorite games.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 13:25   #100
Dennis's Mom

The Legends co opt module is available.

It's pretty fun. I've played one of the story mode levels by myself. Be easier with someone else, I think.

Not really sure how the item/upgrade system works.